Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: The Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby Ace Of Spades » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:12 pm

^Well, T2, Greezed Lightnin', their roller skater, and Thunder Run are still there. I doubt they're in a good state after being left alone for two years, but with quite a bit of effort and a chunk of the capital I'd imagine they could be brought back to life. It makes sense, since they're all still decent rides. Same goes for the water park.

Before anyone mentions Twisted Twins though, I'm pretty sure that'll still rot in its field regardless of what happens to the park. :p
Ignore the screaming in the woods...

Everything is fine.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:19 pm

^I thought I read that they were paying maintenance workers to keep the rides in running order. Or am I thinking of another SBNO park?

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ratdogg68 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:31 pm

True, Mr. Hart has people maintaining the park and the rides.
Let the Riding begin

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:37 pm

^^If you mean "Running Order" as in "keep them in a condition where they could go out and start them up immediately," then no. Early August when I went with some friends to a hot rod convention, I took photos from outside the park. There are so many plants that have grown so far up on the park's pirate ship that the ride looks like it will never run again; I hope I'm wrong though.

I even made my way past a gas station to a little plot of land behind Kentucky Kingdom where I believe the new parking lot would be.

All photos were taken from public property outside of the park.
IMG_6206.JPG
T2 with slight paint chipping.
IMG_6209.JPG
Both rides slightly faded.
IMG_6213 Stitch.jpg
Panorama of Twisted Twins.
IMG_6219.JPG
Close-up
IMG_6227.JPG
Hot Rod convention!
IMG_6238.JPG
The Pirate ship with huge plants and grass all over it.
IMG_6240.JPG
Road-Runner building is still there.
IMG_6246.JPG
There were people inside sweeping and leaf-blowing the ground.
IMG_6252.JPG
Back at TT
IMG_6282.JPG
And the possible parking lot.
Last edited by Midgetman82 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:42 pm.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Postby ernierocker » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:42 pm

^Oh, it will certainly take some time before the rides will be ready to open to public, but at least there has been some maintenance performed on the rides. To what extent, I don't know. But it's better than the rides being completely ignored since the park closed.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ace Of Spades » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:44 pm

Oh, I had assumed the park was left completely dormant. Having the rides at least somewhat looked after just helps things along though, and means it'd take less time and capital to get everything in full running order. :p
Ignore the screaming in the woods...

Everything is fine.

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:47 pm

Obviously it's nothing like the Six Flags park in New Orleans. This one has a far, far, far better chance of being saved.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Fat-G » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:22 am

The "rust" on T2 is just the original red paint showing through the black. At one time Six Flags planned to re-theme T2 as Batman, even going as far as to paint it black. However due to reasons unknown they halted the re-theme.

Postby thrillrider » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:08 am

I thought I read somewhere that they turn the rides on from time to time to run the compressors and keep them in working order.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

I eat bugs.

Kentucky Kingdom wont reopen in 2012

Postby deathbydinn » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:17 pm

Kentucky Kingdom Won't Open In 2012

There are more problems with the planned reopening of Kentucky Kingdom.

Developers now say 2013 is their target date for reopening the amusement park. They have been unable to put together the public-private partnership needed to get the park open.

Developer Ed Hart has pledged $1 million toward the reopening, predicated on an interim agreement with the Fair Board. That agreement extends through the end of the next legislative session, at which time the state’s intention to complete the public/private partnership with $20 million should be known.

Hart said his contribution will go toward the ongoing upkeep costs of the park. Hart said he’s currently paying $120,000 a month to cover the costs.

"I have always believed this park has a wonderful future under a public/ private partnership and my contribution to that effort will give everyone time to work out the remaining terms," Hart said in a release. "Of course, it is up to the Fair Board and the state to ultimately decide what they want to do."

Hart also recently announced the availability of approximately $29 million in private funding for the project. The Al J. Schneider Company had previously agreed to serve as a guarantor of $23 million in bank loans. Hart was prepared to contribute the remaining $5.6 million in equity.

The earlier deadline was to reopen in 2012, but that deadline will not be reached.

Read more: http://www.wlky.com/entertainment/29266950/detail.html#ixzz1YjocE2wP

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!