Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: The Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby DOCTOR DOOM!!! » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:59 pm

^ I keep missing my mark on doing my part on helping... I'll will try to be their if my work schedule works out on either the 11th or the 24th of April!
Life is such a effin rollercoaster then it drops,
But why should I scream for, this is my theme park!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby topher31381 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:32 am

DOCTOR DOOM!!! wrote:^ I keep missing my mark on doing my part on helping... I'll will try to be their if my work schedule works out on either the 11th or the 24th of April!

hey so you know i was just reminded that the 11th is a sunday and the 10th is a saturday but its saturday we also figured out that if a thousand people paid to park at six dollars the fair board would make six thousand dollars and then this would show them and the government how much money they could be loosing

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:48 am

http://www.wlky.com/news/23113251/detail.html

Kentucky Kingdom was the site of a small demonstration this weekend. Protesters, including former employees and park supporters, came out to take issue with the park's closure.

The Six Flags company decided to close the facility in February as it is in bankruptcy. Hundreds of seasonal jobs were lost when Kentucky Kingdom closed.

"Kentucky's unemployment is 10 percent. I think the time to act is now. The further we want the more these rides set idle, the worst it's going to be for a new owner to come in. We need to act now," protester Tim Childers said. Unemployment in the Metro area is more than 12 percent.

Last year, Six Flags posted a net loss of $194 million.

The Kentucky Fair Board has been looking for a new company to operate the park.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby CMV » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:06 pm

I was in town over the weekend for an adjacent function, and managed to snap a few pics. I didn't know about the demonstration until after the fact; I'd assumed that small crowd was people who wandered away from the Kentucky Flea Market at the Expo Center.

Louisville 039.jpg
Already not looking too hot.
18.jpg
Leaves now, debris later.
Louisville 088.jpg
The weight drops no more.
Louisville 073.jpg
Road Runner Express hides behind the well-traveled Greezed Lightnin'.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby topher31381 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:52 pm

there was about 30 people there saturday including a mayoral canidate and dr.king there is going to be another event saturday may 8th from 11 to 2 and i know there will be a permit i believe there might even be a local band that comes out. if you go to wave3.com there is a video from it. as i find more out i will make sure i let everyone know.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby lilsam1993 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:27 pm

Chang has been found! btw, its not at SFGA, its about 1hr and 30mins from louisville! (Still in Kentucky)

Where will it go? Great America? Another Six Flags Park? Or Back to Kentucky Kingdom?

http://www.kicentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21273&hl=kentucky%20kingdom&st=0

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby topher31381 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:16 pm

^ thats hope chang goes back to kentucky kingdom. i do know there is going to be another demonstration saturday may 8th there at the front gate at 11. as i find out more i will let everyone know

Delirium is the rox0rz

Postby PKIDelirium » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:18 am

The place is on Steel Plant Road, it might be there for refurbishment. It's nowhere near enough track to be the entire ride, so maybe some of it got damaged during disassembly.

This appears to be the place: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Wilder,+KY+41076&sll=39.059716,-84.492373&sspn=0.01203,0.021157&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Wilder,+Campbell,+Kentucky&ll=39.064665,-84.491794&spn=0.012029,0.021157&t=h&z=16

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby topher31381 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:45 am

today is a sad day for today was suppose to have been opening day for sfkk but instead it sits empty :(

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby DOCTOR DOOM!!! » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:57 am

^ I drove past it on Watterson earlier! I was thinking the exact same thing.
Life is such a effin rollercoaster then it drops,
But why should I scream for, this is my theme park!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!