Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

P. 300: Proposal rezones some land for distribution district
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

Postby larrygator » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:00 pm

Cmbgo12 wrote:
larrygator wrote:
Cmbgo12 wrote:^Ahem... When did Family Kingdom fall into the ocean? I think that everyone in this thread has completely forgotten that Myrtle still has a kicka$$ (And financially stable) park.

Family Kingdom is NOT a kicka$$ park.

Well I mean its not in the same level as any major amusement park, but I've been going there for years and I've only had good experiences... The staff are friendly, the rides are pretty good (Swamp Fox especially) and the water park is really good for a park of its size. So while it might not be the most amazing park in the nation you're pretty much guaranteed to have a good (and not too crowded) time whenever you choose to go... :)

I guess if I enjoyed Swamp Fox I would feel differently about the park, but Swamp Fox did not impress me on my two visits to Myrtle Beach.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:04 pm

For me, Family Kingdom is all about this ride.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Cmbgo12 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:42 pm

larrygator wrote:
Cmbgo12 wrote:
larrygator wrote:
Cmbgo12 wrote:^Ahem... When did Family Kingdom fall into the ocean? I think that everyone in this thread has completely forgotten that Myrtle still has a kicka$$ (And financially stable) park.

Family Kingdom is NOT a kicka$$ park.

Well I mean its not in the same level as any major amusement park, but I've been going there for years and I've only had good experiences... The staff are friendly, the rides are pretty good (Swamp Fox especially) and the water park is really good for a park of its size. So while it might not be the most amazing park in the nation you're pretty much guaranteed to have a good (and not too crowded) time whenever you choose to go... :)

I guess if I enjoyed Swamp Fox I would feel differently about the park, but Swamp Fox did not impress me on my two visits to Myrtle Beach.

Swamp Fox can be very hit or miss later in the season, but on opening day, after the off-season maintenance its probably one of the best coasters built pre-1970
Coaster Count- 113 Wood- 23 Steel- 90
Top 5 Steel- Diamondback, Bizarro, I305, Montu, Apollo's Chariot
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Racer, Beast, Grizzly (KD), Swamp Fox (FK), Wildcat (HP)

If Fury 325 ends up being on the same level as Diamondback it may just kill me...

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Sharman19 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:40 pm

DarienLaker wrote:^*faceplam* I don't think I ever said that Cedar Point would be moving Skyhawk to Darien Lake.

Acuualy, you had the thought of it going to Darien Lake.
darienlaker.PNG
I'm just gonna' leave this here.
My top 5 coasters.
Steel 1: Maverick. 2: Top Thrill Dragster. 3: Diamondback. 4: Banshee. 5: Millennium Force
Wood 1: The Beast. 2: Blue Streak. 3: Hoosier Hurricane. 4: Cornball Express. 5: Mean Streak
I don't get around to many parks. :cry:

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:01 pm

Maybe they can send Millenium, Maverick and Raptor somewhere outside too.....like Darien Lake! =)

Darien Lake is totally getting some killer rides next year! :mickey:
Yankee Cannonball <3

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:26 pm

^ and ^^
HELLO - this is not the Darien Lake thread
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby DrachenFire2 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:08 pm

Honestly, the Pavilion is what made Myrtle Beach. It was THE premier place for M.B. & when they took it down instead of renovating it & adding to it, M.B. overall went downhill. It honestly looks like a waste to me.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:49 pm

The last time I was in Myrtle Beach, I had more fun buying fireworks and shooting them off on the beach than I did being a credit whore.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:54 am

DrachenFire2 wrote:Honestly, the Pavilion is what made Myrtle Beach. It was THE premier place for M.B. & when they took it down instead of renovating it & adding to it, M.B. overall went downhill. It honestly looks like a waste to me.

As I said earlier, this town is more about the beach and golf courses. That being said, I don't plan to be spending any time there, as neither interests me all that much. ;)

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby GwaziBSRider1 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:57 pm

One day I will go down to Myrtle Beach, get all of the credits, and leave as quickly as humanly possible. From sane people, I've only heard bad things. I say sane because Myrtle Beach seems to be the only place most people in this area go on vacation.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!