Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

P. 300: Proposal rezones some land for distribution district
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Re: Hard Rock / Freestyle Music Park Discussion Thread

Postby SoCalCoasters » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:35 pm

I hate to bump this thread, but I was emptying out my emails today and I came across an email I sent to SallyCorp regarding Nights in White Satin.

I was inquiring about the music track for the ride, a re-recorded version of the song performed by Moody Blues. The answer I got regarding the status of the song was quite perplexing.

As far as the music track for the ride you are correct that it is not for sale any where and I do not imagine it will ever be for sale. As I oversaw the installation from the park side I know that the track was a special designed track done in studio by the park and Moody Blues and is owned by the park and there for it will never be made into an album.

Rather bizarre. Anyone have any idea who exactly picked up the rights to the song when the park went Bankrupt?

Here's a video of the ride with the soundtracked version of the song:

Last edited by SoCalCoasters on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:39 pm.
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:38 pm

SoCalCoasters wrote:I hate to bump this thread, but I was emptying out my emails today and I came across an email I sent to SallyCorp regarding Nights in White Satin.

I was inquiring about the music track for the ride, a re-recorded version of the song performed by Moody Blues. The answer I got regarding the status of the song was quite perplexing.

As far as the music track for the ride you are correct that it is not for sale any where and I do not imagine it will ever be for sale. As I oversaw the installation from the park side I know that the track was a special designed track done in studio by the park and Moody Blues and is owned by the park and there for it will never be made into an album.

Rather bizarre. Anyone have any idea who exactly picked up the rights to the song when the park went Bankrupt?

Interesting. I'd assumed they'd used an edited version of the original song (not a new version of it).
Last edited by cfc on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:38 pm.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:57 pm

I do vaguely remember them promoting the fact that the song was re-recorded and reworked to fit the attraction.

I do remember the orchestration for Life in the Fast Lane was also heavily reworked for the pacing of the ride, with the instrumental section being moved into an odd place for the song to allow for a better musical transition while re-entering the station to go up the second lift hill.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:08 pm

jedimaster1227 wrote:I do remember the orchestration for Life in the Fast Lane was also heavily reworked for the pacing of the ride, with the instrumental section being moved into an odd place for the song to allow for a better musical transition while re-entering the station to go up the second lift hill.

It didn't help. ;)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby willh51 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Will 2013 finally bring a piecemeal auction? Sell these rides before they rot!
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Bizarro at SFNE 4. Millennium Force 5. Raptor
6. Batman & Robin: The Chiller (defunct) 7. Nitro 8. Apollo's Chariot 9. Afterburn (Carowinds) 10. Lightning Racer

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby vaughanvt24 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:30 pm

According to IMDB.com, The NBC show Revolution filmed here at some point over the past few months. It'll be interesting to see how they made it look post apocalyptic. Couldn't have been too hard to create.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:48 am

^Cheapest set ever!
Last edited by cfc on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:49 am.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:23 am

Someone paid to enter the park? Looks like the season is off to a great start for this place!
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:10 am

Hell, during a regular operating day that place seemed as eerie as an episode of The Walking Dead.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:49 pm

^ :lmao:

Probably the easiest location to prep for. Just show up and start filming!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!