Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Postby michaellynn4 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:31 pm

I was originally going to do LC tomorrow and SFNE Wednesday, but I think I'm going to switch it up in order to buy me an insurance day so they can hopefully get it back up in time. I really hope they do, I've never been there and was looking forward to this specific coaster for months. :(
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:33 pm

^Not many flats. I realised that the park lacks tons of thrill. A lot of the flats they call thrills (twister, wipeout, pirate, the rapids) are very tame. The only true thrill rides are down time, enterprise and T&L. I guess you can count revolution as well. I found myself really enjoying wildcat. We lapped it and it was the ride we rode the most. Zoomerang is smooth too so that wasn't bad.
Yankee Cannonball <3

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:45 pm

I have no problem with Thunder and Lightning, Twister, Pirate Ship, Enterprise, Wave Swinger, and DownTime
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby BoulderDash » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:59 pm

michaellynn4 wrote:I was originally going to do LC tomorrow and SFNE Wednesday, but I think I'm going to switch it up in order to buy me an insurance day so they can hopefully get it back up in time. I really hope they do, I've never been there and was looking forward to this specific coaster for months. :(

I would definitely switch it. The park said they had the part on Sunday but today the said they were still waiting. Hopefully it will be open soon.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:53 am

The park announced today that the log flume will be closed for approximately 2 weeks... terrible timing in the middle of the summer. Boulder Dash was closed today also.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby BoulderDash » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:14 pm

My brother said that he saw BD do three test runs while in the water park. I would say it is good to go for tomorrow! :airtime:

Postby larrygator » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:37 pm

BoulderDash wrote:My brother said that he saw BD do three test runs while in the water park. I would say it is good to go for tomorrow! :airtime:

Must have happened late in the day, I left the park at 5pm and never saw/heard it running
IMG_20140624_163413.jpg
and this was the best thing that happened all day. The Funnel cake stand near Down Time serves an Ice Cream Nacho dessert.
IMG_20140624_151508.jpg
Looks just like the picture and tasted great. I told then to hold the cherry.
Last edited by larrygator on Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:18 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:30 am

Boulder Dash will be open today!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:31 am

In line for Boulder Dash now! So glad I switched the two days. :)
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby larrygator » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:03 am

Bear Creek Campground is set to open on July 1st

http://bristolpress.com/articles/2014/06/27/news/doc53ae1885adba6523578258.txt

Lake Compounce’s Bear Creek Campground set to open
Friday, June 27, 2014 9:24 PM EDT
By BRIAN M. JOHNSON
Bristol Press

BRISTOL — Lake Compounce’s newest attraction, Bear Creek Campground, will hold its grand opening July 1.

The 15-acre campground will complement the historical 168-year-old Lake Compounce Amusement Park and newly added Crocodile Cove Water Park. The rustic recreation site features log cabins, mason lighting, and artfully crafted bear and eagle totems.

However, those who come to Bear Creek won’t have to leave the amenities of home far behind. The campground features free WiFi and direct TV, 20 fully furnished cabins that sleep up to 10 people each, 24 RV sites with water and electricity hook ups and 30 tent sites. Each campsite is equipped with a picnic table and campfire pit. There are also laundromats, individual showers and 24-hour bathrooms. There will be weekly family-friendly activities including kickball and watergun fights. Campers can find all the supplies they need at Bear Creek Lodge, which contains a general store and lounge.

“Guests can turn a trip to Lake Compounce into a family vacation because they now have the option of staying overnight,” said Jerry Brick, general manager. “They can enjoy the theme park and water park and also spend time visiting other popular sites in Connecticut as well. An added benefit is the ability for campers to spend time in the park and return to their campsites at their convenience throughout their stay.”

According to Brick, the land for the campsite was purchased in 2006. A feasibility study was conducted two years ago and it was determined they could open this year. Brick said the camp could serve 700 people fully booked and there are still 70 acres of land which can be used for future expansion.

“It’s very exciting to be opening up, it was a lot of work,” said Brick.

Bear Creek Campground sites must be reserved in advance at cambbearcreek.com. People may park their cars at the campgrounds, but RVs must be rented from Crowley Auto at 9 Barber St, Bristol, Sites start at $35 per night. Campers may purchase heavily discounted tickets to Lake Compounce Theme Park and Crocodile Cove Water Park upon checking in. Group rates are also available. For more information, call (860) 583-3300, ext.6905 or visit campbearcreek.com.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!