Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

P. 45: The beginning of a waterpark in 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

Postby ragged#1 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:24 am

^ A new lift hill and drop. The track is the same and there is some new paint in the logs.
~C#1

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby peetnik » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:28 am

Thank you. Did they change the height or is it the same?
Wish I could spend more time in theme parks.Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/6df93125a4453c6bb46b5f08fc829aa8.jpg[/img][/url]

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ragged#1 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:33 pm

Same height requirement.
Same everything. Just get a little more wet.

~C#1

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby peetnik » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:15 pm

More wet is good, especially on those hot and humid summer afternoons!
Wish I could spend more time in theme parks.Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/6df93125a4453c6bb46b5f08fc829aa8.jpg[/img][/url]

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:46 pm

Canobie Lake Park has sent us a press release regarding their upcoming Summer offerings!

The Fourth of July is almost upon us and there is no better place to celebrate summer than at Canobie Lake Park in Salem, New Hampshire. The Park is now open every day and evening, and guests can’t seem to get enough scream-inducing thrills on Canobie’s wild roller coaster, Untamed. And that’s just for starters.

With plenty of thrill rides, family and kids’ rides, water rides, games and attractions – including the Park’s Castaway Island water play complex, included with admission – Canobie Lake Park has something for every member of the family to enjoy. To celebrate Independence Day, the Park will present fireworks displays choreographed to music over Canobie Lake on four consecutive nights, July 3, 4, 5 and 6, weather permitting. To keep the sizzle going all summer long, Canobie also has fireworks displays scheduled for each Saturday night through August 31st, weather permitting.

Also included with admission are Canobie’s popular “Summer of SuperStars” live tribute shows, appearing now through Labor Day. The Tribute to Katy show is new this year, bringing the popular songs and choreography of Katy Perry to Canobie’s Dancehall Theater. Canobie’s Tribute to Bieber show returns, featuring the music of the enormously popular Justin Bieber, while the crowd-pleasing Tribute to Michael show returns for its fourth year at the Park.

“Forever Kings,” a combined tribute to the legendary music of Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley, also returns this summer during selected weeks. Entertaining families with a variety of amazing – and amusing – prestidigitation, “Hagerman’s Vaudeville Magic Show” debuts on Canobie‘s Village Stage. And later in July, “Junk Rock” invades Canobie with a “stick shredding” percussion performance that makes the audience part of the show. Complete show information and performance times can be found on Canobie’s website at canobie.com.

Canobie Lake Park is a quick trip from most points in New England with one low admission price that includes all rides, attractions, live shows and Castaway Island water play complex all day. There are reduced evening rates and parking is always free.

For an even better value, Canobie Lake Park discount admission coupons are available at participating McDonald’s® Restaurants, Market Basket® Supermarkets, Rite Aid® Pharmacies and Tedeschi® Food Shops all over New England while supplies last. “Buy 2, Get 1” evening discount coupons are also available on specially marked cans of Pepsi® and Mountain Dew® while supplies last. For coupon availability, more information and Park hours, visit canobie.com.
Kings_003.jpg
clp-frwrx.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby cmullin » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:43 am

Hey, my mom and I are most likely going to make a stop at Canobie for half a day or so, and I was wondering how the lines would be. Don't want to make the trip, since it is a bit out of the way, if we won't be able to ride everything a few times, especially Untamed. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:07 am

On a typical weekday, the Yankee Cannonball and Untamed will both have about a half hour wait. Then the Corkscrew should have a 15-20 minute wait.

On weekends or a holiday, lines might be an extra 15-20 minutes in length for the major attractions. While the crowds aren't as bad as Six Flags New England, there will be some waits. However, I highly recommend the park.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Walibi Holland & Slagharen

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby peetnik » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:27 pm

I will be in the park on 8/17 for my yearly visit. I have been going to the park since I was baby. Is anyone else going to be there that day?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:12 am

I don't think I'll be there. I went earlier in the season, but Equinox was down so I was debating making a second trip. However, I made plans to go to Lake Compounce instead since I haven't been there in a few years and Boulder Dash is calling my name.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Walibi Holland & Slagharen

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby xmichellex » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:08 am

Stopped briefly at Canobie yesterday -- it was PACKED. So packed they were lining up cars to park along the entrance and exit roads, and along the fence of the park (I've never seen it that crazy). They also had cops directing traffic within the parking lot.

The parking capacity also explained why a very large section of land has been dug up at the far end of the parking lot--the far end opposite of the Cannonball (new construction area also complete with more entrance towers). Lots of construction going on right now (if you're standing facing the park entrance, the construction area is a huge chunk to the far left of the parking lot, and it even extends down past the waterslide area towards the woods). My initial hope/wishful thinking was "Park expansion, yay!" - but, according to a parking lot attendant, to the best of her knowledge, this new expansion is for parking only (which is clearly needed as evident by the number of people that were there yesterday).

Equinox was not running. Interestingly too, the ads for Canobie that have been playing non-stop on the radio in which they really hype-up Equinox have been replaced with the generic Canobie "just for fun" ads (at least, I haven't heard the Equinox ads for over a week now, and it used to be several times daily). Nothing is up on Canobie's site about the ride being down, so maybe it's just a temporary issue? I wonder why this ride is giving them such a hassle.

Also, the new log flume lift hill seems faster--anyone else notice?
Top 5 Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Top Thrill (CP), i305 (KD), Kumba (BGT), Cali. Screamin' (DCA)
Top 5 Wood: El Toro (SFGAdv), Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), Lightning Racer (Hershey), Beast (KI), Yankee Cannonball (Canobie Lake)
Total Credits: 141

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!