Efteling Discussion Thread

P. 174: Max en Moritz coaster double family coaster for 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Efteling Discussion Thread

Postby sofulsomety » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:12 pm

What a thoroughly weird choice, name, lack of themeing, and drawing.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:30 pm

^It sounds like there will be more details to be announced about the ride as they get closer to construction... In researching the theme that inspired the coasters, I'm a little surprised to find they're basing it on something so morbid.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:02 pm

^ Well the actual fairy tales that they depict in the forest all have dark ending. This is just another example of it. Fairy tales where created to teach children not to lie or disobey orders and behave decent or els something bad happens. We're now on a point most of these stories are twisted to something beautiful with happy ever after. Learning how this one goes made me think it's a tame story.

Learning more and more about this project gets me more exited for it. Also was glad to hear these aren't the final lay-out. These aren't really to exiting although I doubt much more will come ot off the final design I'm kind of hoping for around 300 meter for each coaster. Also some people figured out that the trains seem to go into the oposite directions based on the concept art, That would be great to see and really make it diffrent from Joris en de Draak. If it are powered coasters you don't have much of a race anyways so going into the same direction doesn't make it too exiting to look.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby cookiex » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:35 am

Given that the original 2020 expansion was pushed back a year in favor of this it could be that it decided on fairly recently and so they haven't worked out the details yet.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Robinoo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:14 pm

They have added some new effects and sounds to the Vogel Rok indoor coaster. A starry sky (laser dots), smoke, a star tunnel and some bird and snake noises.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:16 pm

We're not going to be back in Europe until April 2022. But until then, I am definitely
going to keep Efteling (as well as Walibi Holland) on my List Of Parks to go and visit,
when we're first in Amsterdam. And then later on, Paris (Jardin d'Acclimatation) and Disney.
C_06Stoomcarrousel_Efteling.jpg
There's a carousel in there! And (there used to be) a Water Show, and Miniatures! TPR 2008 Europe Tour.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby JooordiW » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:29 pm

Robinoo wrote:They have added some new effects and sounds to the Vogel Rok indoor coaster. A starry sky (laser dots), smoke, a star tunnel and some bird and snake noises.

Here an nice onride of the renewed Bird Rock (Vogelrok)

They also started the construction of the new fairy tale:

(Source: @eftelingfan)

Layout of the new farytale, including the small flatride:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CatraBiNAS » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:13 pm

hi,
I will visit efteling in January, 16. any tips? I'll only be able to be in the park one day, is that enough?
~thanks all :br

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!