TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Efteling Discussion Thread

Another new expansion in the fairytale forest, a talking tree that responds to visitors.

''The Babbelboom is more innovative. He can address guests directly in person. The Babbelboom has contact with the Efteling app. The Babbelboom can sometimes be a bit grumpy, but he always means well "" He also keeps an eye on the smallest details. A new hairdo? Or a stain on your coat? Kniesoor sees it.''

Opening at the end of this year

Holy cow, those expansion plans look massive. I thought it was just going to be the strip next to the hotel.

(I kind of get the objection from the neighbors now, but hope they settle down)

Love the Babbel tree!

I think Efteling could use a good drop tower. Kind of like Disney's Tower of Terror.

Perhaps a big spooky windmill or something?

They can also do with a nice pub or something, for the overnight guests. How awesome would it be to finish your day in

a medievel, fantasy-style pub and grab a nice cold Efteling beer.

Babbleboom? What an interesting name. Looks cool.

And Kniesoor? Is that a second name for him?

Hoping there's a video of him talking etc. when he's up and operating.

Babbelboom is Dutch for Chat tree. So he's a Chat tree whit the name Kniesoor which is Dutch for Grumbler. I hope that answers your question.

Anyways Like the idea, bit surprised by this second announcement for the Fairytale forrest. I only can't wrap my head around the fact however that you first announce the new addition for 2019 before the late 2018 one but hey I take it.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not convinced by the voice (although I am Dutch and can understand what he is saying).

But I really like the looks of him! He looks angry, annoyed and a little scary for small children: perfect for the Efteling!

Contrary to current fashion I think children should see some scary stuff, I really enjoyed that when I was a child myself.

The endless 'happy feeling' colorful plastic attractions that are being built everywhere makes me feel sad. This is also the reason Symbolica is my least favorite of the big attractions in the Efteling. The Flying Dutchman just has so much more atmosphere, even if it is decades old. Same for the Fata Morgana which is even older.

Efteling has announced that the Bob will be open for a little under a year so that guests can say farewell before the ride is closed to make way for a new double family coaster, Max En Moritz!

https://www.efteling.com/nl/blog/nieuws/20181009-nieuwe-achtbaan-max-en-moritz-vervangt-bob

impressie-nieuwe-achtbaan-max-en-moritz.thumb.jpg.939d41c35f1b3e17887de40ac212866a.jpg

Big news! The Bobsleigh track will open again this week. In September 2019, the construction of a new, double family rollercoaster will begin at the same location: Max En Moritz.

650x370-bob.jpg.1e33137b118c6cc8ed1ae4df46044550.jpg

From Thursday 11 October you can take another ride in the Bobsleigh run. The extensive investigation into the faults has now been completed. Coen Bertens, Director Park, says about the decisions made: "The Bob is a popular attraction with its own character. I am happy that our guests will be able to make rounds in the roller coaster again this week, precisely because it often offers the first roller coaster experience for children. As long as we can guarantee the safety and comfort of the ride experience, the Bob will stay open. However, it has now become known that this will be for some time. The necessary adjustments for the future and the fact that similar roller coasters are no longer delivered, have led Efteling to find and find an alternative. "

New in 2020: roller coaster Max En Moritz

After more than 34 years, the Bob makes way for a new rollercoaster for the whole family: Max En Moritz. It becomes a double roller coaster suitable for the whole family, especially for children between 4 and 10 years old (from 1 meter in size). The current Swiss theming and the station building of the Bobbaan are retained. In September 2019, construction work will commence for the new roller coaster, which will cost EUR 15 million. The attraction Max En Moritz opens in the spring of 2020. The supplier of the job is the German manufacturer Mack Rides.

Max and Moritz are two boys from the famous German poem from 1865, who make their village unsafe by removing a number of areas where the villagers become the victims. The Efteling uses this story as inspiration for the new roller coaster.

650x370-ingang-max-moritz.jpg.5258341ca9c836d29fb8aea7ed7b4794.jpg650x370-baan-max-moritz.jpg.dd2ec7fdb12b87bab23cf3d96e1f9d92.jpg

New in 2021: new theme area with new attraction

In 2021 we will open a complete theme area. The new theme area will become part of the Travel Empire. In this new theme area, there will be a new attraction and a few smaller attractions next to the Efteling Hotel. Moreover, the Efteling Hotel receives a number of adjustments.

Edited by jedimaster1227

I'm happy and sad at the same time by this news. Happy the Bob finally gets replaced, It was about 3 months ago I typed this:

Bob stuff

The reopening has been delayed 3 weekends in a row without any good sign that it will open soon. This coupled with the fact that the ride isn't allowed to operate with rain makes me much rather see it get broken down and replaced before the park adds another attraction. It now wastes space and money.

So glad to hear it happen. That doesn't mean I'm not sad this classic ride has to go. I had a love/hate relation with that ride, Loved the specialness of the Intamin Bobsled coaster and it was a fun ride, but the pain and the unconformable trains made me think twice before riding it.

As for the replacement. I like it and dislike it. I like it because it's a kiddie coaster and the park didn't have one yet something what I always thought of surprising. But I also dislike it because it is a kiddie coaster for 2 reasons. 1. A kiddie coaster is not for me, minor gripe. The Bob is a family coaster So now we lose one. 2. Location, Losing the bob there pushes all the coasters to the back of the park. Even if the Intamin one comes it will be in the back of the park this causes a real divide in attraction types in the park. The Bob did what it could to bring some balance into that mix and I understand that you can't place a coaster in Marenrijk because that's the closes point to the houses of people. I now fear that balance will get broken.

Point 1 I can live with easily if looopings is correct and a Intamin coaster will be added in 2021 then we don't have a huge loss there. Point 2 is a real concern in my eye's.

Edit: I just learned these might be Powered coasters I was thinking it would be Younstar for a second. This could change my opinion a lot about these rides because Powered coasters with the right theming and lay-out can pass for family coasters which are still perfect for very young people (Where the ride is going to be focused on) if you ask me. I mean look at Flying Fish in Thorpe park, I see that as a kiddie coaster with it's joyfull look and lack of theming. But Rexplorder in Mirabilandia who has almost an exact same lay-out (minor bank diffrences here and there) I see as a family coaster with it's more rugged theming. So I might not see this as a kiddie coaster but a family coaster when I know more about the ride, but only time can tell. It would leave me without concern about the coaster spreading.

^ Well the actual fairy tales that they depict in the forest all have dark ending. This is just another example of it. Fairy tales where created to teach children not to lie or disobey orders and behave decent or els something bad happens. We're now on a point most of these stories are twisted to something beautiful with happy ever after. Learning how this one goes made me think it's a tame story.

Learning more and more about this project gets me more exited for it. Also was glad to hear these aren't the final lay-out. These aren't really to exiting although I doubt much more will come ot off the final design I'm kind of hoping for around 300 meter for each coaster. Also some people figured out that the trains seem to go into the oposite directions based on the concept art, That would be great to see and really make it diffrent from Joris en de Draak. If it are powered coasters you don't have much of a race anyways so going into the same direction doesn't make it too exiting to look.

• 1 month later...

We're not going to be back in Europe until April 2022. But until then, I am definitely

going to keep Efteling (as well as Walibi Holland) on my List Of Parks to go and visit,

when we're first in Amsterdam. And then later on, Paris (Jardin d'Acclimatation) and Disney.

C_06Stoomcarrousel_Efteling.jpg.f64998444e003ee9c0a1901b74391f9f.jpg

There's a carousel in there! And (there used to be) a Water Show, and Miniatures! TPR 2008 Europe Tour.

They have added some new effects and sounds to the Vogel Rok indoor coaster. A starry sky (laser dots), smoke, a star tunnel and some bird and snake noises.

Here an nice onride of the renewed Bird Rock (Vogelrok)

They also started the construction of the new fairy tale:

(Source: @eftelingfan)

Layout of the new farytale, including the small flatride:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Since it's a weekday on the 16th and in the low season you should be fine with one day. The only issue there might be is the weather. If it's too cold the outdoor rollercoasters may close. In February 2018 there was a freak cold chill that took it to -1 degrees Celsius, which closed all outdoor coaster except Baron 1898. I went to the park last on a weekday in February and got on 23 rides in only 7 hours (including 5 on Baron and 4 on Symbolica). I still had a great time and sure you will too.

Today is snowing and I see baron open..

Hi,

Since it's a weekday on the 16th and in the low season you should be fine with one day. The only issue there might be is the weather. If it's too cold the outdoor rollercoasters may close. In February 2018 there was a freak cold chill that took it to -1 degrees Celsius, which closed all outdoor coaster except Baron 1898. I went to the park last on a weekday in February and got on 23 rides in only 7 hours (including 5 on Baron and 4 on Symbolica). I still had a great time and sure you will too.

Enviado do meu ONEPLUS A6003 através do Tapatalk