Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 275: Halloween Horror Nights 2019 scare zones revealed!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:36 pm

Jew wrote:I presume it's supposed to be Cherry Heering liqueur and it's been misspelled.

Actually, I like the unappetizing sound of "cherry herring", anyway. :wink:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:17 pm

RandallDuell wrote:How different would Jew’s post had been if, say, SFMM had made this error?

I need to do some more reading about this ride - after seeing how the building now looks I realized I have no idea what they’ve done to the old version!

Well considering the bar isn't open yet, this is not a big deal at the moment.

Postby Jew » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:17 pm

The area has opened!...sans the ride and Dino play. Still no word on those yet.
2B6C418C-DDCA-48AD-B94E-305B003371D1.jpeg
Store has a refreshed interior that is much more open
3CBCDE94-F5D8-4886-9C65-8F6BF4801A8A.jpeg
More store
761BFFCF-B2AC-491C-8B11-AF3EE679918C.jpeg
Bar is open! All drinks come with some sort of tiki mug
B7E1CFC9-3DEC-499E-8A88-2CF48F797A36.jpeg
Food
C78B39C3-2695-4DB8-9D61-E5BC3FD10BD7.jpeg
Raptor encounter looks great with it now having a purpose built area
CE81DB4D-4193-4B8A-BC04-590AFAB60DD4.jpeg
More food
FB1C1278-FB65-4C6E-B5AD-173A22C269B5.jpeg
And even more food.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:46 pm

The area looks nice! I really like the food options, they sound great!

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:52 pm

I'm probably wrong since I've not visited the park in a few years, but isn't the Raptor Encounter a wee bit close to the splash zone?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Jew » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:13 pm

KBrylczyk wrote:I'm probably wrong since I've not visited the park in a few years, but isn't the Raptor Encounter a wee bit close to the splash zone?

That area was previously a planter with a static dinosaur photo op. People standing in the wrong area watching the raptor might be in for a surprise though, as the splashdown was in front of the newly created space.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:43 am

Universal Studios Hollywood has released new details about the scare zones that will be featured at Halloween Horror Nights 2019!

https://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/park-tips/hhn-2019-your-first-look-at-this-years-scare-zones/

“Halloween Horror Nights” brings together the sickest minds in horror to immerse you in a three-dimensional world of terror by turning mazes into living horror movies. But the torment doesn’t stop there…as you venture from maze to maze, we fill in the darkness with twisted beasts, demented creatures and chainsaw-wielding maniacs…just for good measure! You’ll want to walk fast and keep looking straight ahead…but never lose sight of what might happen when you turn your back.

Here’s a first look at what to expect in the Scare Zones at this year’s “Halloween Horror Nights”…

Fallen Angelz

Metro-BronzeStatue.jpg

Explore crypts packed with restless ghouls and escape angry skeletons that have taken over Main Street. If you think the aged statues are creepy, wait until you encounter the wraith who will be literally watching over you. You can also spread your own demonic wings while you’re here, but be sure not to antagonize the Angel of Death.

Spirits & Demons of the East

NY-Dragon-demon.jpg

Sacred antiquities have just been shipped over from the Far East, and they didn’t come alone. Many of these artifacts were stolen from ancient temples and carry angry spirits with them. Now the spirits roam New York Street, looking to exact vengeance on anyone who would dare steal such sacred relics. Be careful out there, these powerful demons can look like anything – even innocent school children.

Christmas in Hell

Christmas-Santa-Claus.jpg

You’ll likely feel a faint sense of relief as you exit the Holidayz in Hell maze, but it won’t last long. Navigate through the Christmas trees littering French Street and make your way through our twisted takes on many holiday traditions. A giant nutcracker may be looking for a skull or two to clamp down on. The Winter Witch and Jack Frost himself will be celebrating as well, and they may not take too kindly to you interrupting their festivities. And just when you think it’s over, beware of the New Year’s Baby. He’s… cranky.

ToXXXic Tunnel

ToXXXic-Tunnel-Franky.jpg

Yes, if you wish to experience the mazes on our Metro Lots, you’ll have to get through the tunnel once again. This time, the warped and cartoonish members of a demonic custom car club have taken over, and they don’t plan on letting you get very far on foot.

All Hallow’s Evil

HHN_LeggedWendigo_2019-1.jpg

Halloween isn’t the only holiday that happens this time of year. The Celtic festival of Hop-tu-Naa is celebrated on October 31st as well. There’s also All Saints’ Day, followed by All Souls’ Day, and of course Mexico’s Dia de Muertos; all of which share this season with the centuries old Gaelic festival of Samhain. Samhain celebrates our transition into the “darker” months at the end of the harvest season. The souls of the dead are thought to return home on this night, and are welcomed with costumes and bonfires. Some say the costumes were actually intended to protect oneself from these otherworldly beings. Here’s hoping they’re relatively peaceful during your visit…

So there’s your sneak peek at what you can expect from this year’s “Halloween Horror Nights” Scare Zones. We covered pretty much everything, but there may still be a couple surprises in store for you. If we told you what to expect at every turn, it would be much harder to sneak up on you, you know? We can’t wait to see you and yours at HHN…and don’t forget to watch your back!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby Jew » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:24 am

Another note on HHN: They have made official that the park will now feature 10 mazes!

Four have been announced: Walking Dead (year round haunt), Universal Monsters: Frankenstein meets the Wolfman, Stranger Things, and Holidayz in Hell.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:40 pm

I hope they aren't counting the terror tram . . .
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

Postby bostonlva » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:05 pm

According to twitter JP “soft opened” today. As there are videos/POV of people riding it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!