Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 282: HHN Photo Trip Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

Postby Justice » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:30 pm

I imagine that Orlando and Hollywood's are going to be very similar especially after hearing these details.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Someotherguyuser » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:51 pm

Woodie Warrior wrote:I'm sure however they do it the restaurant will still be cool.

I'm guessing Flight of the Hippogriff will be a clone of the one in Orlando, but I'm hoping it could end up being a large-scale family coaster/mine train, similar to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train going into the Magic Kingdom.

I know there was a Jurassic Park family roller coaster that was rumored for IoA. Wasn't it supposedly set to have some indoor scenes mixed in as you rush through? If so, I hope that's what they go for. I think it will be more like just a standard family coaster though.
Ghostbusters Ride at Universal Studios....let's Make it Happen!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/universal-studios-needs-to-make-a-ghostbusters

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:11 am

Honestly, don't expect it to be anything different from what's at IoA. It would be cool, but I just don't see them making that happen. Historically, USH has always gotten "watered" down versions of its Florida counter parts. ET and the Mummy come to mind. Not that they will water down these additions, but I don't think we can expect it to be substantially different from Florida's version.
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:06 am

A shop and a counter-service restaurant don't make much of a village.

I have a hard time believing they won't have a Honeyduke's even Zonko's.
Snoochie Boochie

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:25 am

jedimaster1227 wrote:It is interesting to see that USH could be getting the Great Hall Restaurant that was rumored to be coming to Japan's version as well... It also begs to question that, depending on the size of the restaurant complex, could the same restaurant be added to Islands of Adventure's Wizarding World of Harry Potter in the next phase of expansion...

I also wonder why they will pull off the location. Seeing as the castle is atop the rides show building (and that JK Rowling is crazy) will we have to enter "the castle" and then head to the great hall or ride? That would be cool to have something else "located" within the castle.

triggernel wrote:A shop and a counter-service restaurant don't make much of a village.

I have a hard time believing they won't have a Honeyduke's even Zonko's.

I agree, I think they will totally have all the same shops as IOA. The person who saw the model may have just not mentioned them. I mean, why would they build this whole land without the built in shopping district? LOL

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Someotherguyuser » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:11 am

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:I agree, I think they will totally have all the same shops as IOA. The person who saw the model may have just not mentioned them. I mean, why would they build this whole land without the built in shopping district? LOL

If anything, the only shop I see them removing is the tavern. Springfield is most-likely coming soon and there will already be a tavern not to terribly far off from Hogwarts. That would be a very foolish business move to miss out on more opportunities to earn money.
Ghostbusters Ride at Universal Studios....let's Make it Happen!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/universal-studios-needs-to-make-a-ghostbusters

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby mrlego611 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:14 am

Someotherguyuser wrote:
mrlego611 wrote:Should Universal build a Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit clone in Universal Studios Hollywood? If not, then at least a similar ride like Hollywood Dream in Osaka?

I would love it if they did that. I really would. To make it somewhat seem realistic in my wishful thinking, they could have the ride start where Shrek is (This would be Shrek's replacement), go past WaterWorld, run past the front and through CityWalk, backstage around WW and then back to the station. To help keep the noise down, the supports could be filled with sand (Like they did with the Mummy) and have scream shields on the restraints (Maliboomer). They could even have a few scream tunnels along the way. It would have to be another type of coaster as the one in Florida is just too low capacity and has experienced too many problems (B & M like Hulk maybe?). If they did that, it would be isolated into the property enough where it wouldn't create too much noise for the neighbors.

The unfortunate thing is, it's realistically unlikely. It just seems too risky. If they have to keep the noise down for WaterWorld after a certain hour for the neighbors, even with all of the sound barriers they have been installing, I'm very doubtful. I think Mummy is as close as we're going to get to a having a descent coaster. It's nice wishful thinking though. Not realistic, but if they really wanted to, I think...I think this time...it's GOING TO WORK!

They could build a new area for it and have it whip through the lower lot.

Postby Wes » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:55 pm

I don't think we'll ever see a large scale coaster at USH because of sound issues.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby coastercoaster5 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:55 pm

mrlego611 wrote:
Someotherguyuser wrote:
mrlego611 wrote:Should Universal build a Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit clone in Universal Studios Hollywood? If not, then at least a similar ride like Hollywood Dream in Osaka?

I would love it if they did that. I really would. To make it somewhat seem realistic in my wishful thinking, they could have the ride start where Shrek is (This would be Shrek's replacement), go past WaterWorld, run past the front and through CityWalk, backstage around WW and then back to the station. To help keep the noise down, the supports could be filled with sand (Like they did with the Mummy) and have scream shields on the restraints (Maliboomer). They could even have a few scream tunnels along the way. It would have to be another type of coaster as the one in Florida is just too low capacity and has experienced too many problems (B & M like Hulk maybe?). If they did that, it would be isolated into the property enough where it wouldn't create too much noise for the neighbors.

The unfortunate thing is, it's realistically unlikely. It just seems too risky. If they have to keep the noise down for WaterWorld after a certain hour for the neighbors, even with all of the sound barriers they have been installing, I'm very doubtful. I think Mummy is as close as we're going to get to a having a descent coaster. It's nice wishful thinking though. Not realistic, but if they really wanted to, I think...I think this time...it's GOING TO WORK!

They could build a new area for it and have it whip through the lower lot.

It is not possible to build a coaster in the lower lot because it is right next to the studios. They have strict sound limits there. Even the mummy's track had to be filled with sand.

After harry potter world is installed, what room do they have left to build on? But knowing Universal, they will cramped something somewhere.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:32 pm

The entire property spans 415 acres. They'll find space to do whatever they need to do to keep growing.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!