Cypress Gardens Photos and POV video of their woodie!!!

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Site Admin

Cypress Gardens Photos and POV video of their woodie!!!

Postby robbalvey » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:17 pm

At the end of November, we added some pics from one of the preview days at Cypress Gardens:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/cypress2004/cypress1.htm

While we were in Orlando over the holidays, we got the chance to visit the park and get a few shots. Not enough to make a full-sized update out of, but plenty to share with all of you here!

PS. Thanks goes out to Justin for a some of these photos!
cg1.jpg
"Honk! Honk!" I guess....
cg2.jpg
This is what we called the "Ghetto Wild West Show." Yep, that's a quality show right there...fold-up chairs in the grass in front of the make-shift stage! =)
cg3.jpg
In case you get lost wandering through the gardens, just look for one of these signs!
cg6.jpg
We really need to STOP being such credit whores!!!
cg4.jpg
Ahh, so THIS is what the 'gardens' part of Cypress Gardens looks like.
cg5.jpg
To add a little excitment to the gardens section of the park, gas lines have been added which cross the paths....
cg6.jpg
Oh, no Chris! Watch your step!!!
cg7.jpg
Yup...here we are in the gardens...
cg8.jpg
"You BETTER be good boys and girls or I'm gonna get Medieval on your A$$!!!"
cg9.jpg
As you can see the gardens have breath taking ponds....
cg10.jpg
...and VERY elaborate fountains!
cg11.jpg
So we decide to take one of those "Rides Short Cuts" back to the rides area.
cg12.jpg
Is that a drop tower....or an adult toy?!?!?
cg13.jpg
Elissa uses her "big hose" to put out the fire!!!
cg14.jpg
Yes, they even have one of these Vekoma torture machnies for the kiddies!
cg15.jpg
The Disk-O was probably the best ride in the park...
cg16.jpg
Good thing it's still connected to the trailer so when this park fails, they can just roll it on down to Wild Adventures! =)

And for those of you who want to see POV of their latest wooden coaster, here is a complete onride of "Triple Hurricane!" (Right Click on the filename and select "Save Target As....")

cypressgardens.mpg [ 4.9 MiB | Viewed 26053 times ]

Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:24 am.

Rock Your Cock!

Postby Canobie Fan » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:36 am

wow CG changed a lot. I wish i could go down and give it a vist.
Do you like disko? I went on it ta IAAPA 2003 and I hated the ride. It hurt and wasnt even fun... :?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:46 pm

Just curious if anyone that has downloaded the video file can tell me if it worked ok.

--Robb "First time I've posted a video to a forum!" Alvey

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby CoasterCrazy » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:10 pm

I just downloaded it and I didn't have any problems.

One time I ate pancakes

Postby Mr. Volcano » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:38 pm

No problems here either...

I remember CG, that was an interesting trip considering we only got about 1hour of fun... I remember when we rode Hurricane we went right to the back and you went right to the front and rode with a 3yr old in order to do a POV haha. Good times...

Great photo update BTW, I never thought about looking at our drop tower in THAT way! haha.

-Justin "The ride signs are improved now and the power lines are removed!"

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:33 am

^ Dammit...that sucks. I thought the 'gas lines obstacle course' through the gardens was the highlight of that area!

:wink:

Fabulously FIERCE!

Postby DenDen » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:36 pm

robbalvey wrote:Just curious if anyone that has downloaded the video file can tell me if it worked ok.

--Robb "First time I've posted a video to a forum!" Alvey

The download doesn't work with FireFox. :evil: No Problems with IE.

Random Ranter

Postby kenshinmac » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:00 pm

Video worked fine for me in Firefox (OSX).

OMG I will never say anything negative about the Grizzly at PGA again. I swear I know it is supposed to be a family ride but it is like the designers forgot that roller coasters can be banked so they can go at a speed faster that race walking... Also whats up with that station. It's like they didn't even care.

BTW Rob I know this is kinda a silly thing but your videos are always INCREDIBLY LOUD! At least on my mac through about every program. I actually had the volume basically to dead and it was still so loud that I had to turn down the speakers. I don't know if this is a problem specifically on the mac but it is really a shock when you play something and are suddently blasted out of your seat.

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:07 am

Worked fine with Opera. No problem with sound either (PC).

Nice mini-updtae though.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby MagicRoller » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:01 pm

I still have some mixed feelings with Cypress Gardens and the way they develope now. As my wife and I got married there in March 2002 (as one of the last couples before the shutdown I believe) there were no attractions of any thrill at all :cry: . We did our photoshoot in the flowergarden, the merry-go-round and on the mississipi-boat where we had our weddingcake and champagnetoast. Had we waited for a few more years, we would have got to ride the coasters in our wedding-outfits (only the lower ones as my wife has a small fear of heights). But I wonder how the park is now with all the attractions. We are planning on going back there next year march on our 4th anniversary so we'll see what is left of all the peace and quiet strolls around the park.... :wink:
Enter the coaster and the Magic begins, and stays forever... :lol:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/sig_magicroller.jpgImage[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/4d217c61081f26ebc35ffca2beff0d32.jpg[/img][/url]

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive