larrygator's take on the Deep South (Sept 5th-7th, 2009)

Pg 1: Lake Winnie, Pg 2: Alabama Adventure, Pg 3: Dollywood
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Solid Gold » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:26 pm

Chattanooga Woo Woo!

I still don't have the Sir Gooney's Credit...full TR coming when that happens!

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:29 pm

You suck for giving me last second notice you were in town. Other than that, I'm loving your reports.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:27 pm

Scott - I told you months ago I would be there before Labor Day. You should have cleared you calendar for the final 6 weekends of the summer.

10 hours of my life I'll never get back coming up next: Alabama Adventure. Stay tuned, I'll try to have it posted on Monday. No, I wasn't there for 10 hours. I'm including drive time in the 10 hours.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:33 am

^ That means you still spent far too much time there

^^ Don't worry Scott you're not alone. Hell I even drove his A$$ to Valdosta and didn't get a call (I probably knew about it though I dont remember)

Postby larrygator » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:00 am

Alabama Adventure is one of those parks best visited with TPR where you can make your own fun within a large group of friends and pseudo friends.

I have been looking forward to Rampage for years, but not the rest of the park. I bought my ticket online and saved $10 and was able to enter the park at opening. The amusement park side was pretty empty (with half the rides not operating), seems like the waterpark is the big draw in the AM.

Rampage was awesome for the hour or so that it was open. It was nice that they let you reride if no one is waiting for your seat. However once Rampage closed (after opening late) and stayed closed for an hour I had no desire to stay at Alabama Adventure much longer. The flat collection includes some of my all-time favorites but they didn't run great cycles when they finally opened (I think ride ops were alternating between the flats.)

I will give the park props for very friendly employees. They even offered me a free soda because it was going to take 10 minutes to prepare a grilled chicken sandwich.
PICT0174 (Medium).JPG
I left my hotel 30 minutes late as the wake-up call never occured.
PICT0129 (Medium).JPG
But that didn't prevent my first stop of the day.
PICT0131 (Medium).JPG
This is the entrance gate 20 minutes after I arrive. Why am I outiside the gates if I'm running late? Because I forgot Alabama is in Central Time Zone so I'm actually 30 minutes early.
PICT0145 (Medium).JPG
Ka Ching
PICT0152 (Medium).JPG
Boomerang #27 for me. YAY!
PICT0150 (Medium).JPG
Open up you bastard! I want to get out of this place.
PICT0153 (Medium).JPG
Although I thought the Space Shot would kill me, I lived.
PICT0156 (Medium).JPG
The closed Pirate Ship.
PICT0140 (Medium).JPG
The Scrambler operated on and off, but when work it just spun around in circles.
PICT0160 (Medium).JPG
Always a good ride, especially when everything else is closed.
PICT0170 (Medium).JPG
See Rampage is still closed.
PICT0169 (Medium).JPG
I found a gondola that was free of Tyler's spooge and rode this.
PICT0143 (Medium).JPG
One of the best attractions in the park. Seriously!
PICT0138 (Medium).JPG
Breakdance's are awesome, even when you have to wait forever for it to open.
PICT0162 (Medium).JPG
I loved the artwork on their Musik Express incorporating the greatest living and dead artists.
PICT0164 (Medium).JPG
Elvis - DEAD!
PICT0167 (Medium).JPG
BB King - ALIVE
PICT0166 (Medium).JPG
Ray Charles - DEAD!
PICT0163 (Medium).JPG
Charlie Watts - ALIVE
PICT0168 (Medium).JPG
Satchmo - DEAD!
PICT0165 (Medium).JPG
Jimmy f'n Page - half DEAD
PICT0171 (Medium).JPG
I stopped at the Super WalMart in Gadsden on the way back to buy stuff to clean my windshield of bugs and saw those delicacies in the bakery department. I looks like somethig Robb would have crapped out after Carrabba's
PICT0173 (Medium).JPG
As I mentioned in the last set of photos, I ended up back at Sticky Fingers for dinner. Awesome food..

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:11 am

you can tell a park is amazing when half the pics are of the paintings on the musik express

Did you photoshop the sign in the last pic or does it really look that artificial?

Postby larrygator » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:45 am

Photoshopped? I can barely take and upload picture, that's how the sign came out.

Also, I thought I mentioned months ago that I would be in the area around Labor Day and you expressed burnout regarding parks. Then I thought you were moving to Maryland. Sorry for not following up as i got closer to the date.

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:50 am

I figured you hadn't advanced that far, just checking

close, my mom is in Maryland, I'm staying here ::) I forgot you were coming, its cool

Postby larrygator » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:58 am

After returning from Dollywood months ago, I mentioned to my friend Linda that I passed a couple "As Seen on TV" stores. Since the local mall only has a push cart of similar products, I promised Linda I would let her know if I was ever in the Dollywood area again.

On the morning of September 7th, I called her and she gave me a list of 3 products to buy: a "Bra Buddy", the "Instyler" and a "green thing on a black pole" to clean the windows inside of ones' car.

Sounds like a simple task, let's see how I did.
PICT0175 (Medium).JPG
I hear that you can buy anything that you see on TV at these places. This is not the largest one of it's kind in the Pigeon Forge area, but it will have to do
PICT0176 (Medium).JPG
There are dozens of TVs set up showing infomercials for such cutting edge products as the Egg Genie and the BaconWave. All these monitors create quite the sensory overload.
PICT0177 (Medium).JPG
I did not buy The Easy Touch, I purchased an early incarnation and it works wonders. Even though I have only opened one can since I bought it I swear by it.
PICT0178 (Medium).JPG
Nor did I buy the Mini Burger Sensation That's Sweeping the Nation. I got one for free from Harrah's two months ago.
PICT0179 (Medium).JPG
Ooh! Ooh! This is on the checklist to purchase.
PICT0181 (Medium).JPG
No, thanks! I don't need to scrape off the bottom of my feet.
PICT0180 (Medium).JPG
Not quite the "Bra Buddy", so I bought two of them in case this is a an inferior product.
PICT0182 (Medium).JPG
PediEgg for Men! Who knew?
PICT0183 (Medium).JPG
I haven't seen the commerical in years, but you can still buy the Flowbee. I almost bought one for Piers to make him cringe!
PICT0185 (Medium).JPG
Just in case you need an extra lift! I can't believe I just posted a picture that I'm in.
PICT0184 (Medium).JPG
I'm still looking for the damn Instyler, but found the Micro Touch. I bought this as a gag gift years ago for Linda's husband. He said it was not as gentle on his nether region as advertised.
PICT0186 (Medium).JPG
I bought this for myself. Save your money, the product is a sham.
PICT0187 (Medium).JPG
The final haul, including the Instyler. They keep them behind the counter because they are so popular.

Two days after receiving the Instyler, Linda she burns herself with it. Two weeks later it catches fire and she throws it out. Not a good buy.
PICT0188 (Medium).JPG
Continuing on my way to Dollywood, I pass a new attraction being built and my inner Chris Fourmont says: "Is that the real Titanic?"

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:09 pm

Amazing, I'm always fascinated by the 'As Seen on TV' products! But a whole store of them, with TV's showing the ads too!?! Wow!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!