TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shane's Amusement Attic

Viper at Six Flags over Georgia

This ride ranked up there as one of the best themed off the shelf roller coaster. I think it is a shame that they had to remove this ride. It had the best looking train of all time!

Six Flags over Texas

This commercial for SFoT is full of warm fuzzies!!!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss Viper at SFOG! I personally think that Viper gave a better thrill than Superman. After the pretzel loop S:UF is just meh! It is so slow and boring. I really think Viper should have stayed and Superman stayed away.

Everyone speaks so highly of Tatsu.... please tell me it is better than S:UF?

Great stuff as always, Shane.

Watching the older Six Flags commercials, it really strikes me how far away they got from that "warm fuzzy" angle. The older commercials had jingles, they showed families and little kids, and they made it seem like a day at the old theme park was something really special.

Then fast-forward a few years to Mr. Six, throngs of teens, and overpriced everything. I guess a few billion in dollars in debt will wipe the special off of everything.

Now these are two of the cheesiest of the cheesy. First up is Story Land "Hooray" with the award winning campaign slogan that really sells the park...wait for it...."Lets keep walking!" Boy I wanna go there right now!

Story Land

Wonderland

Here is how to produce a commercial for less than the price of admission!

Shane, thanks for the commercials. I'm surprised the Geauga one didn't even show any part of the park! Im loving this!

-Tatum

P.S. I was at the Universty yesterday looking up Serials for a project, and I decided to look up Astroworld. I looked for June (the month Astroworld opened) and I found this article.

"They can only kick you in the rear."-Judge Roy

2109030721_Astroworld1(Medium).jpg.41e6c9527155aefb83443c64530521e4.jpg

192370729_Astroworld2(Medium).jpg.debeb32f8c93f0d7f2aea19ccd88af5c.jpg

While I think it is wrong to use other coasters that are not in the park that the commercial are for (i.e Flight Deck & Son of Beast for Carowinds) I understand why it happens when the park is part of corporation that owns more than one park. There must be a great amount of savings in only producing one commercial that uses generic shots of rides and then changing the logo at the end of the commercial.

I just saw a commercial for Wild Waves in Seattle and they were using shots of the Texas Giant. Now the Texas Giant is not even part of the group that owns Wild Waves. Should a park be able to use just any ride out there in the ads?????

I am just saying...

I understand what your saying, but it really looks bad for the park, my GP friends can even tell that they arent showing Afterburn in our commerical, they dont know what it is of course... but they can tell. Same goes for SoB.

PARK COMMERCIALS FINALE

Well it is the end of April and I have reached the end of my collection of park commercials. Here are the last eight I have, I am calling it the finale kind of like at the end of a firework show when they shoot off a bunch at the same time and we all go "ooooh...awwww"

Thanks everyone for checking and viewing all these commercials and thanks to those of you who added your own. I really enjoyed seeing them..

So with out further adue I give you "TV Commercial Finale"...

ohhhhh.....awwwwww

ooooh....awwwwww

wow....awwwwwww

starburst!

oooooooh......awwwwww!

OMG...love the shorts!

awwwww...that's the end

We now resume our regular programming

Wow, great commercials! I love the Magic Mountain commercials where they still had the balls to try to compare themselves to Disneyland! Then there were the Toontown commercials.. still one of the silliest decisions Disney ever made as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sad to see these come to an end, I've really enjoyed viewing them all. Thanks!

OMFG! That starburst commercial always stopped me in my tracks when I was a kid! That was the grandest finale ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing all these wonderful commercials! I swear, I do have a few to add to these ones soon!

Thanks for posting all of these!! It's great to look back and see how times have changed. I remember going to Disneyland when ToonTown opened and we waited for a long time to get on Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin when it opened.

John

Great commercials, Shane. Thanks for sharing.

The two that stood out for me were: Wildcat at Frontier City (why did John Pierce have to jack around with NAD's original Fairyland design?) ... and ... Conway Twitty at WOF:

-S

I got to ride the Dipper on it's last day of operation! 1983 was when I really started getting into coasters, it really brings back good memories! (Great soundtrack choice, by the way!)

We're still waiting for the return of the Dipper, which has been in storage since. Who knows which park it will end up in. (Everyone thought it would end up at Idlewild back then.)

^As of last year I believe, the trains are still on site. I'm not sure if it was KP connection, or one of the other defunct Kennywood sites, but they had a "back lot tour" and had pics of the trains, covered in dust, but in excellent condition.

I rode the Dipper MANY times during the last two years of its life. It was a brilliant little coaster. Actually, it wasn't that "little." It was enlarged by Andy Vettel in the mid-50s and became the wonderful ride some of us remember. I loved that quirky flat section during the approach to the brakes.

I wish contemporary parks had the guts to offer junior woodies with one-of-a-kind thrills like K'wood's Dipper.

Is it really in storage? Perhaps they could remove that dated rapids ride ... I expect the Dipper would fit that space rather well.

-S