Shane's Amusement Attic

Update:1998 Fiesta Texas 10 year master plan that never was.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:25 pm

^ It's not my point of view, it's the parks. And I'm not the expert, but I am talking directly with the people who are. I do not know the codes that have changed, but next time we hold an event with a Q&A session at Magic Mountain please ask that question.

Like I said, I too would love to see it re-open or at least be replaced with another transportation type system. I think the park would like to see that too.

But in the short term, it would appear that money is going to be allocated to several other areas that will also help improve guest satisfaction. New restrooms, building repairs, paint jobs, midway resurfacing, and yes, maybe a new attraction.

My guess is that if there is a plan that includes a new monorail or a new transportation type system, it will come towards the end of these other repairs because they could get a LOT of infrastructure and refurbishments done all over the park for the cost of one monorail.

Just look at the park today versus a year ago. And like Jay, Neal, and Mark Shapiro have been saying for a while "these things all take time...please be patient."

--Robb

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Vintage Disneyland Ticket » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:50 pm

That's the optimistic Robb I always read in your posts =)

I have seen the changes and yes I do want the money spent to fix up the whole place. Parts of the park are really starting to like nice again, it's refreshing.

Guest satisfaction is important, I'm glad the new boys got that message. As I read thru the various threads on TPR, it is clear that adults want something like a monorail or a train, for rest, relaxation and transportation. And like Walt knew, adults bring the kiddies and the $$$!

Thanks for offering to ask about the codes at your next Q & A. I'm already writing the boys at SFMM a letter to see if they'll give me an answer. I don't think I will get an answer, but maybe they'll send me some discount coupons!
For tons of vintage theme park tickets and maps visit my Blog at:

http://www.vintagedisneylandtickets.blogspot.com

"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Postby montezooma » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:11 pm

B&M the early years

Well I am back from my spring break trip to San Antonio and all I can say is...Why are there not more Morgan Coasters???

I loved the Steel Eel.

Anyways I wanted to do a quick update since it has been awhile so here is something from the early years of B&M. The first brochure is before they started manufacturing coasters and just did design and parts. There are some interesting designs for a flat ride and a coaster layout showing interlocking loops.
B&M 1a.jpg
B&M 2a.jpg
B&M 3a.jpg
B&M 4a.jpg
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING
New Season, New Posts, New Logo...Old Stuff!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby stormrider » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:46 pm

Yay, I finally get to see how the box track is fabricated =) Looks like B&M made more than just roller coasters but I'm glad they're now focusing on their talent (steel roller coasters) than on their non-talent (wooden coaster trains [Psyclone]).

So B&M made the original bobsled trains for Intamin rides it seems. The more you know.

Frutilicious!

Postby KrakenKing » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:51 pm

Bobsled coasters!? Flat rides!? WTF!?

Also, the layout of the coaster... interlocking loops!?

Wow, B&M had a lot of ideas that never took off.
Signature.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:50 am

I loved the Steel Eel.

Who would not love a coaster with that name? I would bet that people would flock to worship it even if it was a crappy, head-bangin' SLC! :lmao:

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby cycamps » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:36 am

It'd be interesting to see some of those designs if they had actually been built.

Postby montezooma » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:31 pm

stormrider wrote:
So B&M made the original bobsled trains for Intamin rides it seems. The more you know.

B&M made the bobsleds for the second generation Bobsled, or the Cedar Point version. The boblsleds featured side by side seating instead of inline seating. I believe the bobsleds were also used on the Rolling Thunder ride at Six Flags Great America, but I could be wrong on that
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING

Postby montezooma » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:58 am

Bolliger & Mabillard

Here is another B&M brochure once they started their line of roller coasters: sit down, inverted and stand ups and of course their famous trains for Psyclone.
B&M 1.jpg
B&M 2.jpg
B&M 3.jpg
B&M 4.jpg
B&M 12.jpg
B&M 5.jpg
B&M 7a.jpg
B&M 13.jpg
B&M 8a.jpg
B&M 9.jpg
B&M 11.jpg
B&M 10.jpg
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING

TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:44 am

Funny how B&M is so revered, yet their wooden coaster trains were not considered a success. That may explain why there are only three such trains built---Psyclone's!

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!