TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's *BIG* Six Flags Magic Mountain Update!

Hey everyone! We have posted our trip report from the event:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/sfmmdvdparty/sfmmdvdparty1.htm

Tons of great stuff in this update including:

Lots of TPR insanity!

A look at what's left of Flashaback

A sneak peak at Thomas Town

An update on X2

And one final goodbye to Psyclone.

Check out the full 6-page update here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/sfmmdvdparty/sfmmdvdparty1.htm

Enjoy!

--Robb

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol looking at the update, I must have a spidey sense that tingles when a camera is about to go off cause damn I'm such a freakin' poser!

Besides that though, it was an amazing event that BLEW away my expectations of what to expect from the Park! I was just excited listening to Jay Thomas talk about the future of the park and what he wants to happen and I can say that I think they can really pull it off and turn the park around if they stick with it for more then a few years.

Good Luck Six Flags Magic Mountain turning yourself into a top notch park once again!

^ They were in a contest where they would have won money if they made it through the rides without puking. Joey joeyed and they lost.

Anyway, awesome update. The entire day was killer. The Aqua Man picture cracks me up. Also glad to see the Rice Crispy Fetish Bears make a return appearance.

Can't wait for WCB!!!

Darn it.

I went to Magic Mountain two years ago and all I can say is I wish it's improvements were already happening.

SFMM might just get like SFGAdv with it's quality.

Who knows.

But the updates are amazingly good. Thanks to everyone who put mind into it. And for making my month!

--James

Wow. I feel lucky and unlucky at the same time.

I went to MM in November of 07.

It was fun, but many disappointments arose.

Such as Viper being closed due to freakin painting.

Walking up to Flashback and admiring it's beauty.

And knowing that X is now being refurbished for a smoother ride.

If only I had known, I would have ridden on the inside.

Well hopefully I'll make it out there this year.

I was invited on a trip to LA so I might be able to!

Hopefully MM is well improved by the time I get there again.

Great TR everyone! take care.

It was a great day at SFMM--and it looks like the park is upping the ante a bit for West Coast Bash. I was pretty impressed with the changes they're making there.

Thanks for the update, Robb.

Sometimes I still wish I lived in Cali so I could attend these events. Looks like you guys had a blast and it great to see SFMM fixing up the place in the future. I seriously can't wait to go to the park when everything is open so I can see the changes. I think I'm missing my homepark.

Jimmy "I miss Robb's fire in my @$$ hot wings" Bo

Darn it.

I went to Magic Mountain two years ago and all I can say is I wish it's improvements were already happening.

SFMM might just get like SFGAdv with it's quality.

--James

I am confused by this statement. I think Magic Mountain is taking steps forward. Not backward. IMHO no park has quality as low as 6FGAdv. Well, mabey Little America or a Ghetto Fair.

Wow! I've got to say, my opinion on Six Flags (especially MM) just completely changed!

It's so nice to see a park that seems to realize what matters, and really be willing to lower profits (temporarily) to make their guests happy. Let's just hope this doesn't fall through, and soon MM will be a park where a whole family can go, and have a really good time.

It also makes me wish I lived in California. Looks like a really great time!

Great update & wonderful to see SFMMM getting some much needed refurb!

I grew up with SFMM (i miss the Trolls) a close second behind DLR as a must-see visit (twice a year or so), but the last decade has seen the park slip into almost "why bother" zone (sans Gay Days annually, of course). And honestly, I wouldn't even go to the park if X wasn't open (my absolute fave RC IMO- and the refurb will make it more Vader-like and less Tele-tubby-ish).

Sorry I missed yer funness at the park & at yer afterparty & yes, Dan, I would like to be "There"... He-he!

Great update.....I had a great time at the event. Next time, I'm bringing the camera in. Still kicking myself for not doing so this time!

Although I ended up spending more time at Knott's than Magic Mountain last year, there will be a lot more visits for me to SFMM this year. After hearing the details on X2 and all that they're doing, I feel confident that it will now offer a smooth ride in both the inside and outside seats, and that the entire ride experience-capacity and all-will be greatly improved. I can't express how grateful I am to SFMM for fixing up my all time favorite coaster and working to bring it to full potential. That was the one thing I wanted them to do more than anything.

Really looking forward to West Coast Bash-the ERT (with my other two favorite coasters at SFMM, Tatsu and Scream, on the list) is great, but I'm really looking forward to the behind the scenes tours and other events.

^^ I brought my camera to the park, but left it in the car. Of course, I couldn't have known that we'd get to go to Flashback's grave and into the X station and train storage area. I just didn't want to lug it around.

I'll know better next time.

And who's that scary looking guy on the left with all the food?

Eric

Great photos. I will, as I live in Ohio, benefit from this trip report. i sent a link of it to Richard Kinzel at Cedar Fair. I am sure he will be interested in the cool dirt mounds at MM. Once he realizes that MM has these great piles of dirt, CP will get even better ones. (I also told him that there is NO WAY Cedar Fair could destroy Mean Streak the cool way that Psyclone was) I can only hope that Cedar Fair will try to 'one-up' MM and tear down Mean Streak.