TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I have to agree with "IwantRevenge"......it was so anti-climatic! I would have to say that I preferred the corkscrew.

But, hey....it was open today! With walk on conditions, Im not going to complain.

Thats not what I was saying dude.

I hated the Zero Gs they hurt, I like this. It's smoother, better and makes Chiller a joy to ride rater than a chore.

I do not know what you guys are talking about but there is clearly backwards airtime on the return trip. Either you must be too fat to feel it or you are just SOL.

Actually there is IS no airtime, maybe a little float if you are in the back. I rode front row and maybe thats why I did'nt get any airtime, maybe you'll get it in the back. But also don't forget the Chiller restriants are tight and they hold you in relaly good so theres another possible reason for no airtime.

And i'm not fat if anythnig i'm underweight!

I've been reading these forums for a while but this is my first post

I was at GADV in the FREEZING cold this weekend when they opened the Chiller Saturday night. It’s a different ride for sure much smoother and faster out of the LIMs and through the inversions... an improvement in my book but Freeze is still my favorite of all the Premier launched (Jinx isn't that bad either).

Some things to take with a HUGE grain of salt, I'm not sure if the ride op was serious or not but he said next time you see Batman running again their will be 4 trains... he said this over the PA system in the station to the whole train. I'll believe it when I see it! They would need to expand the building to build a transfer track system to house 4 trains. I just don't see this happening they have dumped already way too much money into this thing already.

Sunday morning I asked a ride op over at Batman the Ride when we could expect the Batman side of the Chiller open he said some time in May.

Pictures from Saturday and a video clip of it warming up on Sunday morning attached

MVI_0072.avi

Video

397836386_IMG_0078(Medium).jpg.87e6d2936939db382321406799022bda.jpg

Two

1855997206_IMG_0077(Medium).jpg.d0d64da8b7246391e9cad943b05e439d.jpg

One

I do not know what you guys are talking about but there is clearly backwards airtime on the return trip. Either you must be too fat to feel it or you are just SOL.

Actually there is IS no airtime, maybe a little float if you are in the back. I rode front row and maybe thats why I did'nt get any airtime, maybe you'll get it in the back. But also don't forget the Chiller restriants are tight and they hold you in relaly good so theres another possible reason for no airtime.

You are trying to tell me there is no airtime after I rode it 10 times yesterday and every time I made a return trip, I was getting airtime. Yeah it wasn't Toro like but it was there. And even my friend next to me was getting airtime. SO clearly you are just SOL. I rode in pretty much every row and I got airtime in each. Even after being stapled. Your story holds no water.

While it was better with the inversion, replacing it with a small hill like what was done should give some decent airtime. Sorry if already asked, but was the inversion removed because of what happened last year, or was it just SF reworking a coaster?(Cyclone-SFNE, Texas Cyclone, Rattler, etc.) I don't see what the big problem is as the ride is not ruined by this, all that happened was one element was replaced by another.

You are trying to tell me there is no airtime after I rode it 10 times yesterday and every time I made a return trip, I was getting airtime. Yeah it wasn't Toro like but it was there. And even my friend next to me was getting airtime. SO clearly you are just SOL. I rode in pretty much every row and I got airtime in each. Even after being stapled. Your story holds no water.

maybe your jsut relaly skinny, or maybe the op did'nt staple you. Okay I got a tiny float but it's not enough to call airtime. and WTF is SOL?

maybe your jsut relaly skinny, or maybe the op did'nt staple you. Okay I got a tiny float but it's not enough to call airtime. and WTF is SOL?

Firstly, TPR has a spell check...USE IT.

Secondly, Being skinny has nothing to do with it. My 6'2 friend was getting airtime and he is very moderately sized. And we were even stapled. Airtime is clearly any point on the ride when the vertical G's of the coaster drop to 0 or below. Just because its not ejector air does not disqualify it from being airtime.

I am sure if Rob Alvey called it airtime, you all would be bending over for him and agreeing with him. There is airtime on Chiller and the new transition did bring down the intensity of the ride, but in the end, Chiller still rocks.

Secondly, Being skinny has nothing to do with it. My 6'2 friend was getting airtime and he is very moderately sized. And we were even stapled. Airtime is clearly any point on the ride when the vertical G's of the coaster drop to 0 or below. Just because its not ejector air does not disqualify it from being airtime.

I am sure if Rob Alvey called it airtime, you all would be bending over for him and agreeing with him. There is airtime on Chiller and the new transition did bring down the intensity of the ride, but in the end, Chiller still rocks.

Then obviously being fat has nothing to do with it because I recall you said I must be fat or SOL (what ever that means). I realize it doesn't have to be like toro to be airtime I want to know exactly where you sat so i'll sit there tomorrow and see if I get "airtime". I sat front row on the left and I got nothing.

Then obviously being fat has nothing to do with it because I recall you said I must be fat or SOL (what ever that means). I realize it doesn't have to be like toro to be airtime I want to know exactly where you sat so i'll sit there tomorrow and see if I get "airtime". I sat front row on the left and I got nothing.

SOL: Sh*t Outta Luck.

By the way, I've found that different people feel airtime differently. To some people, floater air is insanely intense, and to others, floater air is about as exciting as sitting down. So it might just depend on how you feel airtime.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone! I've just posted the full update from Renegade's opening weekend including lots of photos of this awesome new GCI woodie and of course the photos from the TPR meet. The full photo and video udpate can be found here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/valleyfair2007/valleyfair2007_1.htm

Here's a few photos:

Just a few of the TPR members that chose to hang out at the park that day instead of having lunch with their mothers!

(Yes, it was Mother's Day!) I hope you at least bought her flowers!

Now THAT is a sexy first drop!

And GCI Guys Mike Boodley and Clair Hain ride gansta style!

As with all GCI woodies, there is lots of sexy curves to keep you stimulated.

Awww....this is as far as they would let KidTums get! Maybe in a few years she'll be screaming through Renegade too.

Lots of cross overs and all that other good wood coaster stuff.

And just in case you missed it, the full update can be found here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/valleyfair2007/valleyfair2007_1.htm

--Robb

Sweet Trip Report!!! Love the gun sign, they are at most public places since we have a conceal and carry law, looks like the park was deserted! I went the following weekend on Saturday and for being early in the season the park was pretty busy.

• 5 weeks later...

So um....when did THIS happen!?!?!?

How does that effect the rest of the ride? I don't believe the video that it says it doesn't effect the ride. It *looks* like it goes about 10MPH slower down the first initial drop. How can that NOT affect the ride?

What a bummer.....

--Robb

Have you ever drilled a park official, any park official, into why they do these things? Are there ever practical reasons for it where it is needed for rider comfort or safety or do they just want to cheap out on maintenance?

The slowed down lift hills at Magic Mountain have always been a sticking point with me, but I could never find out why it is done and if they were designed that way.

Well the YouTube page says it was having some "problems". Hopefully it's a quick fix rather than a permanent solution and they'll get around to finding a proper fix in the future.

By the way, I might have a bad memory, but did Viper used to slow down at the top of the lift? I was quite surprised on my recent trip that it didn't let up at the top but I can't figure out whether I'm remembering the right coaster or not.

HAHA ! Well, I just came over here to post this, but yea. I took this video, and yea I rode it a few times with the lift like this, and no it doesn't effect the ride! The only difference is that you no longer get the pop of air over the top of the lift, and you know longer get thrown into the first drop. The inching around does build the suspence.

The reason they slowed it down is due to flexing on the lift, and it was going way too fast through the circut (mostly train B, Hector). It was making the train actually rock and make weird noises and was doing some strange stuff. As enthusiests, we loved it. The ride was the most exteme ever, but with them slowing down the lift, it's back to normal Toro! So it's nothing to be too worked up about!

-Dainan "So...yeah, " Rafferty

They can alter the wheels and get a totally different ride. I actually had someone tell me they were reported too that while the first half is slightly slower, it carries more speed - which would make sense if the wheels were changed out.

However, you cant increase speed too much or the RT hill will get out of control.

At least theres no trim on it...yet.