Robb & Elissa's European Adventures 2017!

P. 9 - Adventures by Disney re-cap video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Robb & Elissa's European Adventures 2017!

Postby alexinla » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:24 am

I have to check with AMA, it depends if they only do a couple of cruises or all season long. I know there are Christmas Market cruises too in the winter that are awsome. Vikings always hires locals and pays really good. I am sure AMA is the same.
I am living thru your pictures right now,lol. I have 10 more days before summer vacation in Montenegro. I need some beachtime right now! :b

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:12 pm

Toady was a bit more of a "relaxed" day on the trip, but we still did a lot of stuff and had a great time! We have been super impressed with the attention to detail and the overall operations of this vacation. The first adventure we had today was a 4-part "cultural" experience and it was so impressive to see how the entire event was put on. It would appear that Adventures by Disney rented out space at a local hotel, and then brought in different groups to put on presentations for us that would be examples of different cultural activities of the area. The presentation and organization was amazing! And this is coming from someone who puts on organized tours!

We were talking at dinner today how happy we were to book this trip and already looking forward to checking out itineraries for the next. Enough with the boring text, let's get to the exciting visuals!

Good morning from Austria! Today Kristen is making apricot marmalade! It's delicious!

And now for some folk dancing lessons!

Kristen went fishing! Well... sort of!

We learned quite a bit about fishing and smoking fish today!

And now something for the adults! Wine tasting!

And of course Kristen loved the simple little swing set that was on property of the hotel!

Currently just hanging out on the top deck of the ship enjoying the view!

The following is the replay of a live stream we did on Facebook. We had a "cruising" period today where they encouraged everyone to come on the top deck, and they pointed out some of the more significant buildings until our next port about 20 miles away. Did they mention they also opened an ice cream bar and had wine as well? Seriously, we are having so much fun on this trip!

Of course Adventures By Disney would take us to see a castle! It's like being at Walt Disney World!

What does every Cruise need? An Ice Cream Social!!!

Our next adventure is to an Austrian apricot farm where we are eating fruit off the trees!

We picked and ate cherries & apricots right off the trees and they were all delicious!

Which one is the apricot tree and which one is Adventures By Disney Adventure Guide Dean? It's hard to tell them apart!

ImageImage
After the orchard tour, we got to taste amazing apricot & grape based food & drinks! They were fantastic!

We ended our dinner with an "apricot dumping" and yes it was just as delicious as it looked!

More to come tomorrow! We hope you all have been enjoying following along on this adventure!

Click HERE for Part Six of this report!

Oh yes, be sure to POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!
(we took the time to write the report, the least you could do is say something nice about it!) :p
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:53 pm.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby multimueller » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:03 pm

It's so nice you guys enjoy Austria. There are so many great places here to see and so much fun stuff to do. And - in my opinion - "see the world" style vacations are the very best way to spend your time and money. But where are the "Robb wearing Lederhosen, yodeling and schuhplattlering" photos?

For now - all the best to you and your "Schatzis" (you'll figure out, what that means :) )

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:19 pm

Wow, this all looks so amazing. Quite a few interactive things to do, not just a "wander around and take pictures" sort of tour. You really get to experience the country you're in.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:47 pm

This trip looks amazing! An Adventure by Disney trip is definitely on my must do list now!

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Married a Canadian » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:49 am

Loving the pictures, and you have sold us on an "Adventures by Disney" vacation. It looks amazing. We are big Disney cruisers, this looks even better. Thank you for the report and the awesome shots!

One question, is it like the cruise in that you choose your own port adventures, or does Disney create an itinerary for you to follow?
Top 10 1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Apollo's Chariot 4 Skyrush 5 Maverick 6 Leviathan (front row) 7 Millenium Force
8 YOLOcoaster 9 Manta 10 Saw The ride 11 Mako

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:04 pm

Bump

Site Admin

bump

Site Admin

Bump

Site Admin

Bump

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!