Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 911 - Scream Xtreme (Zamperla Endeavor) added for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby Midgetman82 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:02 pm

That area could maybe do with a nice family or kids ride to balance things out and make Storm Chaser more of a staying destination in the park for more people. It's quite easy to hang out around T3, Lightning Run, or Thunder Run's Belgian Village because of the plentiful seating, eating, and wide range of activities and rides. Storm Chaser's area, as nice looking as it is now, seems to lack that 'staying' power for some folks because it seems like you're really only there for the coaster.

Having said that, I do see the unfair advantage the other coasters have being in areas where people often need to pass to make it to other areas of the park.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby lbeeler » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:11 pm

Has anyone been to the park lately?
My Top 5 Coasters 1. Millennium force 2. Storm Chaser 3. Banshee 4. Top Thrill Dragster 5. Voyage

Postby Midgetman82 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:58 pm

Not since the 3rd of this month, for me.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:04 am

Do you guys think KK is really profitable to Ed? I remember seeing him say something about the majority of the guests are season pass holders in an interview.
Wood-29
Steel- 74
Total- 103

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby JT325 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:07 pm

Do they run multiple trains on the coasters (besides Thunder Run)? I have heard so many stories of one train ops and slow operations... having driven past the park a few times, I'm still reluctant to stop in. My last visit was 2009 or 2010; I always spent most of my time in Greezed Lightnin' as I'm a HUGE Schwarzkopf fan. I was also there on that day in 2007.
#CPFrontierLift2019

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:34 pm

JT325 wrote:Do they run multiple trains on the coasters (besides Thunder Run)? I have heard so many stories of one train ops and slow operations... having driven past the park a few times, I'm still reluctant to stop in. My last visit was 2009 or 2010; I always spent most of my time in Greezed Lightnin' as I'm a HUGE Schwarzkopf fan. I was also there on that day in 2007.

When I went they had all of the coasters running two trains other than T3 and Thunder Run.
Wood-29
Steel- 74
Total- 103

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby JT325 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:39 pm

Diamondbacker27 wrote:When I went they had all of the coasters running two trains other than T3 and Thunder Run.

Seems strange they wouldn't run 2 trains on T3 as it's so popular. Does the train still only hold 14 people? I remember when that ride opened in the 90s, it had that short train (7 rows of 2 seats).
#CPFrontierLift2019

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:54 pm

Everything was running two trains during our trip in May. Operations seemed fine. If anything, Lightning run was a little slow, but reasonable. This park was a big hit for us.

Postby Midgetman82 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:04 pm

JT325 wrote:My last visit was 2009 or 2010; I always spent most of my time in Greezed Lightnin' as I'm a HUGE Schwarzkopf fan. I was also there on that day in 2007.

I always tell people who have the same story as you that the park is overall significantly better now than it was in the last few years of the Six Flags era. Not just in the attractions, but the overall vibe of the park has gotten much better too. I loved GL too, but its replacement is so much better. T3 has been running 1 train ops these past couple months, but everything else that has been doing just fine it seems.

This upcoming weekend is the last two days the park will be open for this season too, just fyi.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:49 pm

If anybodys interested, I posted a full trip report to the park right here...
http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75288
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!