Funtown Spashtown Discussion Thread

P. 4: Vertical construction on major expansion begins!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Funtown Spashtown Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:23 pm

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Funtown Splashtown USA, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

November 6th, 2008 - Wild Mouse to replace Galaxi

May 18th, 2010 - Park has record-breaking weekend & "Roll Back Rates"

July 22nd, 2011 - Theme Park Review to visit the park this Summer!
July 28th, 2011 - New water slide tower with six slides announced!
December 5th, 2011 - Vertical construction on major expansion begins!

FUNTOWN SPLASHTOWN USA CONSTRUCTING DUAL SEVEN-STORY RAFT SLIDES;
LARGEST PROJECT IN 40-SEASON HISTORY

Saco, Maine - It’s no longer surprising that Funtown Splashtown USA announces new thrill rides. But now in the middle of its 40th season, CEO Kenneth Cormier stated, “A new Splashtown USA will emerge. 2007 will be an historic year as we double the area of the current water park.”

Cormier added, “Two new super slides will be built. Both of these enormous slides require mechanical lifts to raise the four-person rafts to the loading platform, nearly seven stories above the landing pool below. One slide has a wide-flume profile with many twists and turns, going from a tunnel to a half-pipe slide before hitting the splashdown pool. The other slide will feature a tornado-shaped flume with back-to-back vertical banks. Riders will escape through the needle-nose Tornado Funnel corridor into more turns and drops to the splashdown pool. This project also enlarges our seating and lounge area by over 50 percent.”

“This expansion coincides with a multiple-phase expansion of the waterpark which will take place over the next few years,” added Cormier. “This is just the beginning of what is to come.”

Water Technologies Inc. of Beaver Dam Wisconsin is doing the design-work on the waterpark expansion and ProSlide Technology Inc. of Ottawa Ontario Canada is the manufacturer of the slide attractions.

Below are examples of the attractions that will be installed at Funtown Splashtown USA. Images provided by ProSlide Technology Inc.
slide1.jpg
slide2.jpg
Last edited by larrygator on Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:22 pm.

Enka rocks

Postby apollo210 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:33 pm

Yes! More things I can look forward too for my 2007 funtown/splashtown trip!
-Stephen
Coaster Count= 28

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby spaminacan11 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:33 pm

Oh sweet. I might be able to get up there sometime in the next couple years. I have family there.

Rock Your Cock!

Postby Canobie Fan » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:20 pm

UUHH WTF?!
I guess thats what they want to do with the old MiniGolf site.

Sexing up the North Pole

Postby Token Yankee Guy » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:33 pm

I always pass the area when I go to Bangor....I'm kinda surprised that they are doing something for the 2007 season.
"Britain, Britain, Britain, We're open from 9 to 6, monday through saturdays"

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby mrceagle » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:34 pm

Well they have had an addition to the park in 3 years and that was the water play area.

I'm not thrilled with this info they don't have much room and I rather see 2 speed slides then a tornado slide. with no additions to the park in 5 years I just think there waisting there money on a tornado slide. Bulky and I find them no better then the Half pipe slides.

Rob - were did you find this?

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:48 pm

I go to this park a lot, but I haven't been since Dragon's Descent (S&S tower) opened. All I can say is that they definately needed some help with their tiny waterpark and this looks like it will do nicely.

Let them rake in some waterpark profits for a lil while and we'll see what they come up with in the park side in the near future.
-Sean C.

FORMER DISNEYLAND ATTRACTION OP

Rock Your Cock!

Postby Canobie Fan » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:56 pm

lol Funtown is so ghetto. I go maybe once a year. And I dont even last 3 hours before I have to go home. One can only lap Excal so many times.

OMG! A TALKING MUFFIN!

Postby DATman » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:22 pm

I think the funnel will be a good addition. Besides, they state that there's somewhat of a layout after the funnel itself, which is one of the things I felt those slides were lacking in...

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby mrceagle » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:21 am

DATman wrote:I think the funnel will be a good addition. Besides, they state that there's somewhat of a layout after the funnel itself, which is one of the things I felt those slides were lacking in...

True but the more you add to the slide the lower the capacity is going to be.

ECZenith:
Let them rake in some waterpark profits for a lil while and we'll see what they come up with in the park side in the near future.

The park has put more into the water park in the last 6 years then they have the dry park. in 2003 they added a water play area, a new entrance, changing rooms, Gift show, and a food stand.

So they have added things to rank in on the water park profits. in tern the only thing added to the dry park was real shows.

I haven't been to the park in 3 years. This isn't going to get me to come back.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!