Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 913 - Copperhead Strike Roller Coaster for 2019
Users viewing this topic: mudvayneimn and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Carowinds Discussion Thread

Postby Vonni » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:48 am

thrillseeker4552 wrote:a GCI at this park would be perfect.

My thoughts exactly!

It would be interesting to see a racing GCI in a sort of Thunder Road tribute, but I know that is some far fetched speculation.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby KIJester » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:58 am

How about a first ever Dueling RMC in honor of Thunder Road?

Postby Vonni » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:03 am

^ Oh now you are talking! lol!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bgtlover » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:12 am

It will probably end up being Copperhead Timbers....lol
It does match Carowinds more so than the other parks. It also seems a bit too early to worry about TM a snake themed water slide that a name like that would match as well, so most likely for the assumed coaster at Carowinds.
Coaster Count: 125
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

Postby Vonni » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:17 am

bgtlover wrote:It will probably end up being Copperhead Timbers....lol

So judging from CF past, with this name option we can officially narrow it down to a ground up GCI, or an RMC I-box conversion of Hurler lol! ;)

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby KIJester » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:55 am

While it would be nice to have Hurler RMC'd, the plans are on the South Carolina side so that would rule out Hurler as it sits in North Carolina.
Last edited by KIJester on Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:45 pm.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:53 pm

I was honestly expecting Carolina Timbers :lmao:
In my opinion El Toro and Intimidator 305 ride fairly and are free of material roughness.
(That's an auditor joke don't kill me)

Knoebels > Everywhere

Coaster Count: 118

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:20 pm

Have you guys notice when a copperhead strikes it . . . Launches. . . Forward. :p
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:04 pm

AndrewA86 wrote:
Does anybody know whether you actually CAN get your guests in for the early ride time if you're a Passholder? I know it says you can't on the site, but you've always been able to at CP,

Hey, hold on a sec... I have NEVER been able to get guests in for early ride time at CP...

Huh... That's strange, because I've done it with no issue every time I've gone over the years! Unlike Carowinds, the CP site doesn't say anything about it not applying to friends, so I'm going to assume they are still allowing it.

So, regarding Carowinds, my kids and I had a great time Saturday, even though the park was pretty crowded! We rode everything we wanted, and Fury 4 times, including 2 amazing night rides! They weren't preventing people from choosing the front if they wanted, so we got 1 ride in on the front as well! It was awesome, but I think I still prefer the very back row, for all the amazing airtime!

I still think Afterburn is a very good Invert, but not better than Banshee, Montu, or my memory of Alpengeist. I'll hopefully ride Alpie again this year, and have a better ride to compare it to other Inverts I've ridden more recently. I'll be enjoying the fantastic Montu again on Tuesday, most likely!

I also decided that Intimidator needed a new name, since it's not intimidating in the least anymore. So I dubbed it "Marginalized: The Coaster"! :lol: Additionally, any hope of thinking better about the coaster disappeared, when the jack @$$ ride op put his ENTIRE WEIGHT down on my restraint for some f-ed up reason, and made it a very uncomfortable for me the entire ride... :angry: I thought about reporting him, but who has time for that? It didn't ruin my day or anything, just that particular ride, and I already know what the coaster is like (good, but not great - one of my least favorite B&M Hypers.)

Oh, another negative? Don't even get me started on the Carolina Goldrusher dispatch time situation! :wtf:

On the positive, Electrospin was awesome, though I hope I'm not riding an arm with all little kids next time, so I actually flip more! :lmao:

Carowinds is an interesting park for me... It has my very favorite coaster in the world (for at least another 11 days), but beyond that, I'm pretty ambivalent about the park. Yet, I think anytime I'm in the area, I'm sure I'll go, just because Fury is THAT good! I absolutely think they need another top notch coaster to really make the park solid, much like what KD has now with I-305 and TT (though I love Volcano and Dominator there as well, so they're already loaded up!) Hopefully whatever their next addition is, is so good it becomes their 2nd best coaster!

Still, I had a great day at the park, my kids enjoyed it, and again, Fury is LIFE!!! :lover:

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby FSUFanChris » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:30 pm

jarmor wrote:Have you guys notice when a copperhead strikes it . . . Launches. . . Forward. :p

Exactly. Sometimes, multiple times.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!