Indiana Beach (IB) Discussion Thread

P. 71: Indiana Beach announces Larson Super Loop
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Indiana Beach (IB) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:24 am

Great photos of the park! I had the same issue during my visit as a lot of rides were down. Fortunately for you all of the coasters were running. Cornball was only running for like 30 minutes total during my visit so I consider myself fortunate to have ridden it. Steel Hawg got stuck on the MCBR. Then Tig'rr and Dragon Wagon never opened. If only they could get everything open this would be one of my favorite parks based on the ride collection they had.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:30 pm

I missed out on Cornball and Lost Coaster credits when I visited (both were down the whole time), and the operations were so bad on Hoosier (single-train, only partially-filled due to busted restraints), that I was only able to get one ride in despite the park being fairly quiet (it opened late for a tiny window of time, and the line was close to an hour). I ended up leaving after just a couple of hours because the place simply wasn't conducive to riding rides (several rides were broken, and morning ride maintenance didn't even begin until after the park had opened). Having said that, the setting is charming, and I could easily imagine spending a relaxing weekend there, but only if the park was functioning properly. The haunted house was amazing, and Steel Hawg was really fun (despite its astonishingly-tame first drop). Hopefully the current management won't bankrupt the place in the time it takes them to get their act together.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:19 am

Been to the park, got the credits, can't stand it, left after a few hours without riding Lost Coaster and Cornball.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:07 am

I really hope someone else buys this park and runs it to their potential. I was hopeful what I experienced in late May was just early reason jitters. Doesn't seem to be the case now.
Top 5 Steel- Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:46 am

Apex Parks Group Launches New Oktoberfest, Halloween Horror Events, Reciprocal 2018 Season Pass Program And All Season Dining
Aug. 4, 2017, 01:18 PM

ALISO VIEJO, Calif., Aug. 4, 2017 /CNW/ -- Apex Parks Group has announced the launch of new Oktoberfest and Halloween Horror events to take place at their parks nationwide as well as a new program that offers Season Pass holders free admission to all 16 Apex parks. Season Pass holders will also be able to purchase a new "All Season Dining Pass" allowing them to pay once and eat all year for free including a meal and snack on every visit to the guest's home park.

"By creating fun, new events, we are enhancing the value of an Apex Season Pass and giving guests another reason to visit their favorite family entertainment venue," said John Fitzgerald, Apex Parks Group CEO. "With the added benefit of a reciprocal Season Pass program, our valued guests can visit an Apex park just a few miles away, or on the other side of the country."

Thirteen of Apex Parks Group's 16 properties will celebrate Oktoberfest with a combination of specialty food offerings, regional and national beer events, live entertainment and traditional fall décor. Boomers Modesto, CA, Indiana Beach Amusement and Water Park Resort in Monticello, IN and Fantasy Island Amusement and Water Park in Grand Island, NY will also host Halloween Horror events. Despite the terrifying name, Halloween Horror will deliver haunts that are both wild and mild with trick or treat trails, haunted houses, scare zones, live shows, and ghouls at every turn. Both Oktoberfest and Halloween Horror are brand new events for the parks featuring seasonal themes that have proven successful at amusement parks around the world. These two new events join Declaration Celebration and our traditional Easter Egg Hunt in the Apex's event calendar line-up.

The following Apex Parks Group properties have also launched their 2018 Season Pass program with the lowest price available, and more perks than ever before – Indiana Beach Amusement and Water Park Resort, Fantasy Island Amusement and Water Park, and Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park in Destin, FL. Guests can purchase their Season Pass before the end 2017 and receive free admission for the rest of 2017, Season Pass perks that kick in immediately including free and discounted tickets for friends, free parking, free admission to Oktoberfest and Halloween Horror (where offered) and free admission to any Apex Parks Group property in 2017 and 2018.

As yet another first for Apex Parks Group, Indiana Beach Amusement and Water Park Resort, Fantasy Island Amusement and Water Park and Boomers Modesto will all introduce "All Season Dining Passes" giving Season Pass holders an opportunity to pay once and eat all season for free. An Apex All Season Dining Pass includes one meal and one snack on every visit (valid at guest's home park only). All Season Dining is available to Season Pass holders only. Making the value even greater, Apex Parks will also begin selling a Premium Souvenir Beverage Bottle for $19.99 and a Premium Popcorn and Cotton Candy Bucket for $14.99; these Premium offerings include free refills at any Apex Parks Group property. A combo including both the beverage and snack premiums is available for $29.99.

"The more frequently guests visit our parks, the more fun they have. An Apex Season Pass delivers the best value to our guests," added Fitzgerald.

For park specific Season Pass pricing and information, visit apexparksgroup.com and "pick a park" to discover details.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:59 pm

Oktoberfest, eh? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Voyager6442 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:32 am

I've visited Indiana Beach twice, the last in 2014, and I missed Lost Coaster each time. What do you think my chances of getting to ride it would be if I go next week? Thanks.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/66bff188a2852cf249c0ef008f477695.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:41 am

Oddly enough, after Hoosier Hurricane that was the only other coaster that ran reliably during my visit last year. It broke down within the last half hour of park closing, but that's a minor miracle considering that it has an elevator lift and the general state the other rides were in.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Voyager6442 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:44 pm

If I went to the park next week, would I be likely to find a lot of the rides not operating? If so, I'd rather save the visit for another time. Thanks.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/66bff188a2852cf249c0ef008f477695.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:48 pm

I've only been to the park once. It was a Saturday night on Memorial Day weekend. Are there any locals who can give a better answer? From the recent TRs I've seen, it seems that there will be rides down but it's Russian Roulette as to what will be down on a given day.

Double Shot, Den of Lost Thieves, Tig'rr, Air Crow, and the Kiddie Coaster were all closed for what did not appear to be maintenance related reasons. Steel Hawg got stuck on the MCBR and went down for the day. Cornball Express maybe ran for a half hour total (they were looking at the train when it returned to the station after each ride).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!