My Spring Break 2019 Trip Planning Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

My Spring Break 2019 Trip Planning Thread

Postby jlp94 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:00 pm

Figured that I'd like lots of input from members everywhere, so I'm not posting it in Ask Alvey.

Anyways, I have a HUGE Spring Break 2019 trip coming up, and I need the help of experts.

I have visited Disney, Universal and SFOG once before, all of those parks in June 2015. So keep that in mind when responding, I have visited those parks once before so there are some rides and attractions that might be ok to skip.

So here's the deal.
Saturday, March 23 - Leave home. The first part of this trip is with my high school band program, so we're taking a bus down, and we leave that morning.
Sunday, March 24 - We drive through the night, and arrive at Disney that day. We have some time at the parks the rest of the day.
Monday, March 25 - A full day of fun at the parks.
Tuesday, March 26 - More of a performing day, but still some time at the parks.
Wednesday, March 27 - A full day of fun at the parks. The bus and most of the band program leaves that evening, my sister and I staying back for the rest of the trip.
Thursday, March 28 - Both Fun Spot parks and SeaWorld Orlando.
Friday, March 29 - Busch Gardens Tampa.
Saturday, March 30 - Six Flags Over Georgia and Fun Spot Atlanta, and start the drive home.
Sunday, March 31 - Finish the drive home.

My first big question is how can I make the most out of those 2.5 days at Disney? Which parks should I visit, what rides are worth it, how long at each park, how do I make the most of it? Also keep in mind that I have a park hopper pass this entire time. I just want the best time at Disney during this duration.

Unfortunately, with only one day at Universal, this is another hard question. How can I make the most out of one day at Universal? (with a park hopper pass) Where do I eat, what do I ride, etc.

The only current plans for the 28th are the Fun Spots and SeaWorld, but is there anything else on that Orlando strip that is worth doing on that day? I'll take recommendations on attractions or restaurants.

Busch Gardens is a full day, thankfully, but same question. Rides and places to eat, how to save money (helpful question for every day)

And finally Six Flags Over Georgia. See the above dates for the questions I have when visiting the park.

Something to keep in mind is that I can be a credit whore, so something I'd like is to achieve every credit at every park I'm visiting, which I know can make some enthusiasts roll their eyes but I always like picking up creds.

Any help based on the questions I asked is appreciated! I can't wait to hear what all of you have to say!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: My Spring Break 2019 Trip Planning Thread

Postby Mike240SX » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:44 am

Tampa to Atlanta is a 6-7 hour drive. Unless you're leaving Tampa at like 4 in the morning you won't have that much time for SFoG/Fun Spot ATL. Otherwise seems reasonable.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Postby jlp94 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:53 am

Mike240SX wrote:Tampa to Atlanta is a 6-7 hour drive. Unless you're leaving Tampa at like 4 in the morning you won't have that much time for SFoG/Fun Spot ATL. Otherwise seems reasonable.

We'll be driving a little farther north up to Gainesville the evening after Busch Gardens, probably should've mentioned that in the main post.

Anyone else have any tips, recommendations or strategies for these parks?

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:02 am

^How much freedom do you have at the parks when you're there with your school? I thought usually those groups are pretty scheduled out and told where and when to be.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:10 am

Do you have the ability to link your tickets reserve any Disney Fastpasses in advance?

Are you open to buying the Universal Express pass?

Postby jlp94 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:19 pm

SharkTums wrote:^How much freedom do you have at the parks when you're there with your school? I thought usually those groups are pretty scheduled out and told where and when to be.

We have some scheduled meals at specific places (The school hasn't filled our families in on that schedule yet), the only one I know of so far is a group Hard Rock Cafe dinner the evening after Universal. I'm pretty certain that we're allowed to go on our merry ways at the parks themselves as long as we meet up for the scheduled meals.

coasterbill wrote:Do you have the ability to link your tickets reserve any Disney Fastpasses in advance?

Are you open to buying the Universal Express pass?

Both of those would be additional expenses, but because of how expensive this trip is already going to be, unfortunately, probably not.

The credits I'm missing at the three parks I've visited already (to help with planning)...
Disney World - Space Mountain (Alpha side), Rock 'n Roller Coaster, Slinky Dog Dash, and both sides of Primeval Whirl.
Universal - Pteranodon Flyers and everything at USF except Escape from Gringotts.
SFOG - TwiCy, Goliath, Superman, Blue Hawk, DDD and their kiddie coaster.

The Fun Spots, SWO and BGT will be new parks to me.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:28 pm

^Linking a ticket to Fastpass is not an additional expense. Fastpass is included.

Postby jlp94 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:42 pm

SharkTums wrote:^Linking a ticket to Fastpass is not an additional expense. Fastpass is included.

Ah okay, that's convenient!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:04 pm

The reason that I asked about linking the tickets is that I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) you need to link the ticket to your account to book Fastpasses in advance. If your group just hands them out when you get to the park (and I'm guessing that's what they'll do) the advice about how to tackle the parks will be much different than if you physically have the ticket now and you can reserve three rides in advance per day.

Postby jlp94 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:47 pm

coasterbill wrote:The reason that I asked about linking the tickets is that I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) you need to link the ticket to your account to book Fastpasses in advance. If your group just hands them out when you get to the park (and I'm guessing that's what they'll do) the advice about how to tackle the parks will be much different than if you physically have the ticket now and you can reserve three rides in advance per day.

I emailed the band program about it, and yes, we will be getting some Fastpasses at Disney, which will be a big help. I'm still not sure about the Universal Express Pass, they haven't gotten back to me on that.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!