Photo TR: A Brit Crew Christmas in Birmingham

NEC FUNWORLD on Page 3!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Controlled by a sentient spreadsheet...

Photo TR: A Brit Crew Christmas in Birmingham

Postby Divv3k » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:24 am

Off season? What off season?

This past weekend the Brit Crew got together in Birmingham to get drunk and laugh at each other! Oh yeah, we did some theme park related stuff too!

CADBURY WORLD (Below)
REFLEXMAS!
NEC FUNWORLD

On the first day we checked out Cadbury World, you know those British folk who make the awesome chocolate? Not quite Hershey Park, this is more of a factory tour with loads of fun stuff interjected. Basically, you get a history of chocolate and more specifically, the Cadbury company itself. There's a cool dark ride and some free chocolate to help you along the way!

Here's some photos...
BhamXmasDivv0081.jpg
We’re at the Cadbury factory! Yup, the place where all that delicious chocolate gets made and all that fudge gets packed!
BhamXmasDivv0072.jpg
The Cadbury factory is also home to Cadbury World, a kind of indoor theme park showing how the chocolate is made and stuff!
BhamXmasDivv0003.jpg
The best thing is that they give you FREE CHOCOLATE as you enter!
BhamXmasDivv0004.jpg
We start off in he Mayan times to see the very day that Jeff Johnson discovered cocoa beans.
BhamXmasDivv0007.jpg
Oooh, Lou wants to know what’s under the loin cloth!
BhamXmasDivv0008.jpg
We’ll see you in 2010, Europa!
BhamXmasDivv0011.jpg
Did you know that the Cadbury dudes started out as tea dealers? Well now you do!
BhamXmasDivv0013.jpg
These little dudes are Cocoa beans. They are NOT M&Ms despite what Mike might tell you!
BhamXmasDivv0014.jpg
Russ and Stacey love using the incredibly sophisticated interactive chocolate making device. Sadly they will not share the secrets of Double Deckers with us though!
BhamXmasDivv0015.jpg
We then got to tour the packaging plant which was quite cool. Though there were no cameras allowed so you’ll just have to believe me when I tell you that those Oompa Loompas sure work hard!
BhamXmasDivv0016.jpg
Now for the only ride in Cadbury World – Cadabra! It’s a small dark ride through a load of random scenes!
BhamXmasDivv0020.jpg
Mmm, Cadbury’s Caramel bunny! She’s such a hottie!!
BhamXmasDivv0021.jpg
There’s loads of little nods to old Cadbury characters throughout the ride. There’s the Mini-Egg parrot dude in the clock!
BhamXmasDivv0023.jpg
Cocoa beans gone wild!!
BhamXmasDivv0025.jpg
Any ride with a 99 at the finale gets a thumbs up from me!
BhamXmasDivv0027.jpg
Anyone want some Choco Fudge?
BhamXmasDivv0028.jpg
Lou got to relive her Thorntons days by playing with chocolate writing thing.
BhamXmasDivv0030.jpg
Look at how nice and neat it is!
BhamXmasDivv0031.jpg
The rest of us, not so much! At least you can make it out! Kind of.
BhamXmasDivv0034.jpg
These are the amazing people who put the Cadbury’s Buttons into the bags one by one.
BhamXmasDivv0036.jpg
Official Treat Provider to the Olympics? Seriously? I now want to know who the official toilet roll provider is!
BhamXmasDivv0039.jpg
Oh Fudge.
BhamXmasDivv0041.jpg
Hi Andrew!
BhamXmasDivv0042.jpg
Those chocolate flavoured lampposts are Dave’s favourites!
BhamXmasDivv0043.jpg
Yes, a rollercoaster in this update!!! Does anyone else have that Friday feeling?
BhamXmasDivv0047.jpg
Oh my, what’s she waiting for?
BhamXmasDivv0055.jpg
We call this: "if the Brit Crew were made of chocolate!" Can you make out who’s who?
BhamXmasDivv0095.jpg
So eventually we learned that the Cadbury’s got out of the tea business and started making chocolate bars. Thanks in no small part to anthropomorphic cocoa beans and some frog named Freddo.
BhamXmasDivv0097.jpg
Check out all the old school merch! I miss the days when you could get Crunchies in Heroes!
BhamXmasDivv0059.jpg
Anth scores with the Caramel Bunny! Way to live out a lifelong dream!
BhamXmasDivv0060.jpg
OMG, the World’s Biggest Cadbury Shop! They really should NOT have let us in here!!!
BhamXmasDivv0061.jpg
Anyone want more Double Deckers than you can shake a stick at? I have no idea why you’d want to shake a stick at confectionary, but at Cadbury World probably you can!
BhamXmasDivv0062.jpg
Liquorice Allsorts for Robb!
BhamXmasDivv0067.jpg
Bargain Fudge for Fudge!
BhamXmasDivv0071.jpg
The most awesome thing that the factory shop sells are these awesome bags of “Mis-Shapes”. Chocolate gone wrong basically! Quite fitting for the Brit Crew!
BhamXmasDivv0076.jpg
Yes, we pretty much doubled Cadbury’s Christmas sales figures! That’s a lot of Mis-Shapes!
BhamXmasDivv0075.jpg
And that was our day at Cadbury World! It was quite nice to do something a bit different, especially at this time of year!

Brit Crew drinking fun is up next!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:32 am

Man i'm gutted I missed out on this one. I think I would have still been at the factory now! Looks like a great laugh there, and the shop, well puts my Cadburys Outlet Shop near me too shame.

Still its great to see classic Cadburys stuff and I most certinaly do have that Friday feeling.

Great update!

-Craig

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:41 am

I almost didn't recognize Lou!

Must go find candy now....

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:54 am

First, very cool--I'd like to visit the Cadbury plant sometime.

Second, yay for a Lou sighting!

MATT DAMON has nervous tits

Postby thecoasterkid » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:56 am

I love Brit Crew updates! What I'd love even more though is if some of those Double Deckers were on their way to Canada right now!

I'm telling Canadian border officials not to let Andrew back into the country unless his suitcase is full of Double Deckers in June!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:44 am

OMG! Cadbury World! One and a half cups of awesomeness. I lived on that stuff when I was in Australia, then found it at some places back in America.

Great photo TR, Divv!
-Zach
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Rob.Lloyd » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:13 pm

Great trip report Divv.
I'm sad I missed the Cadbury World trip. It looks loads better than the last time I visited.

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:23 pm

Sad I missed the trip, looked like you had fun.

At least I was there for the drinking! Prepare yourself for a dose of awesome people, I have a feeling the next instalment could be quite good! Think ferry update ;)

Dave "can we go drinking again soon please?" Wilson

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:09 pm

Lou!

Your hair!

:shockr:

I like it. :smile:

Mmmm nothing wrong with chocolate touring. Glad to see you guys had a good time there.

Happy Joy Joi & Merry Solstice to the Brit Crew! :angel:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Love Donkeys!

Postby pupkick » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:23 pm

What the FUDGE is that rabbit doing in the dark ride? That's not kid friendly!

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive