Photo TR: A quick, random visit to WDW, IOA/USF

Featuring an EXCLUSIVE HRRRRRR REVIEW and HHN PREVIEW PICS!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
WDW Monorail Fanatic

Photo TR: A quick, random visit to WDW, IOA/USF

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:37 pm

Back in June I took a random weekend trip to Orlando to hang out with some family and friends. I've done a bunch of Orlando trip reports in the past, and debated about doing this one since my trip wasn't anything special, and these reports can be time consuming.

But then I stopped and thought to myself, "Self, you've got a responsibility to report about HRRRRRRRRR. Don't let the fanboys down. There is important and pertinent information that must be presented!" When I came to my senses, it was obvious that this report had to be done.

So while this short vacation getaway was mainly about family, I did not fail to hit up a few parks while I was in town. The sad part in this story is that trusty Canon camera did fail prior to my leaving town. I thought I had nursed it back to a basic operational level, but when we reached our first destination it rolled over and died. Thankfully, Gary let me use his. Crisis averted.

In my three and a half days in O-Town I managed to play a round of golf, hit up Old Town, MK/Epcot, and IOA/Uni. If you're keeping score at home, here's some of what you'll see and hear in this report: random Disney stuff, my cute little niece, sturgeon, beer, a crappy cell phone pic (a first in my reports), the best hotel lobby on the planet, horrible parenting, fallacies, and monorails.

AND, as the thread title suggests, there will be an exclusive report on HRRRRRRRRRR and a sneak peek at Halloween Horror Nights '09!!! Stay tuned....you don't wanna miss it!

Let's get started......
IMG_0036.jpg
The trip started with the passengers giving this Allegiant Airlines plane a rectal exam.
IMG_0037.jpg
It got irritable bowel syndrome and crapped us out in Old Town.....where this picture was the last one my camera would ever take. :(
DSC08031.jpg
Since we arrived fairly early in the day in order to meet up with the gang, the coasters were not running yet. I missed those credits again, but yet, I don't care anymore anyway.

We stepped next door to throw down on the go-carts instead.
DSC05878.JPG
Afterward we got back to my brother's place and it was time to teach the youngins how to take peoples' money.
DSC05882.JPG
"Calina, we're gonna lay down this garbage hand, but I'm just setting him up for a nasty check-raise later on."

Look at her eyeing those chips. Smart girl....or maybe she just wanted to play with them?
DSC05913.JPG
The transitions in this report are fierce. The next morning we took a stroll through my favorite hotel ever, just because.
DSC05909.JPG
Any hotel lobby that has a stream in it is okay by me.
DSC05906.JPG
Seriously, I could travel the world over, and this would still be tops, hands down.
DSC05902.JPG
DSC05904.JPG
DSC05916.JPG
Happiness is lounging here in December with a cup of [insert favorite beverage here] after a long day in the parks.
DSC05915.JPG
They say it's good luck to rub this bear's nose.
DSC05922.JPG
"Hi, we're in Epcot now. Yay!"
DSC05923.JPG
Okay, calling all Photoshoppers. The stage was set for a monumental photo op. The only problem was that I spent 10 minutes waiting for the golden moment. By the time the next one rolled by, the clouds had covered it. :(

Jesus still loves the monorail though. I'm certain of it.
DSC05925.JPG
"The seasons come, and the seasons go,
nature knows everything it has to know.
The earth and man, can be good friends,
let's listen so our harvest time will never end."
DSC05924.JPG
Sturgeon!
DSC05929.JPG
"Just make believe, you're a tiny little seed,
a tiny little seed that's reaching up to meet your need.
With the right amount of faith, and the right amount of earth,
you'll grow to see the sunshine on your day of birth."
DSC05930.JPG
Integrated Aquaculture!!!

"Let's listen to the land we all love,
nature's plan will shine above,
listen to the laaaaaaaand, listen to the land."
DSC05932.JPG
I haven't eaten here in ages. It is now on the list for my next visit.
DSC05933.JPG
DSC05938.JPG
Hitler had just told us what he thinks of Eric Idle now.
DSC05941.JPG
Photoshoppers, all this picture needs is a red (or was it yellow?) grenade in my hand. Overman would be proud!
DSC05946.JPG
DSC05975.JPG
DSC05979.JPG
This Beverly chugging contest was not photographed very well. Also, Beverly chugging contest is an oxymoron. Whenever Beverly is involved, there is clearly NO winner.
DSC05983.JPG
"Listen, you little turd. I don't care how cute you are, you're NOT getting my old school Epcot Center visor!" ;)
DSC05967.JPG
"Hey Scott, guess where we're going next."
5024_1106032409301_1181510323_30295141_1333755_n.jpg
You have to start 'em young.
DSC05992.JPG
Wait for it.
DSC05993.JPG
Wait for it.....
DSC05994.JPG
Yay!
DSC05995.JPG
We're on the monorail, and we're happy.
DSC05997.JPG
I never get tired of this entrance.
DSC06000.JPG
The band decided to welcome us today.
DSC06003.JPG
Maple Leaf Rag!!! Woohoo!!
DSC06006.JPG
BTMR time. Hey, even the wild west gets slick every now and then, right?
DSC06027.JPG
It was hot out. I didn't mind dancing with the devil on this day....otherwise known as the water canons of death.
DSC06023.JPG
I LOVE this station.
DSC06030.JPG
DSC06026.JPG
POV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DSC06024.JPG
So did we survive?
DSC06028.JPG
Karen (my brother's best friend's sister) and I caught some of it, but basically this is me trying hard not to laugh at my brother in the front of the log, who was forced to buy a new shirt rather than walk around looking like he just went for a swim.
DSC06018.JPG
This is tradition. Hi, mom. Love ya!
DSC06035.JPG
We missed Barack by a few days. Oh well. I'm pretty sure he's not going anywhere anytime soon.
DSC06056.JPG
I got smoked by Gary. They changed the big targets without telling me. Bastards.
DSC06068.JPG
"Look, sweetie. That's the best ride at WDW. Can you say monorail?"
DSC06069.JPG
This is cool.
DSC06070.JPG
These are not.

Up next, a very special look at IOA/Universal, and HHN preview pics!
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:18 pm

Hitler had just told us what he thinks of Eric Idle now.

Awesome. Can't wait for more!

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:48 am

Man! This just reminds me how bummed I am that my Disney pass blacks out over the summer, I really love those parks! I have high expectations of your upcoming HRRRRRRRR preview, I'm sure it will be very informative.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:27 am

I eagerly await your review of HR^3.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:29 am

Damn you Scott!!!! STOP TOYING WITH MY EMOTIONS!!!! I NEED HRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby slither37 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:19 am

Glad to see that some people are taking the time to teach our youth the important things in the world. Poker and the monorail.

Will you also be teaching her how to bet with/against the spread?

I will make him an offer he can''t refuse.

Take pictures of my feet

Postby nay » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:04 pm

The Wilderness Lodge looks gorgeous and is definitely a resort I'm dying to stay at one day. It reminds me a bit of the Animal Kingdom Lodge, which is probably my favorite WDW resort right now.

Can't wait to see the rest! :)

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:29 pm

The next day turned out to be quite a treat. The plan was to do IOA in the morning, and Uni in the afternoon/evening. Usually, Shannon and I subscribe to the Dan handbook on water rides. However, since there were a couple small kids with us who like 'em, and the fact that it was about 217 degrees with the heat index, I budged.

So en route to the parks we stopped in hell, er, Walmart, and grabbed $1 ponchos for everyone. I also brought sandals that could easily be packed in the baby stroller and changed into when it was time. Preparation is the key to and successful day at the park. This has been a public service announcement brought to you by Captain Preparedness!! Hooray.

Moving right along, it's always a blessing to have the hookup for free tickets. What wasn't expected was having *THE* hookup, and rollin' VIP style the whole day! The names of those responsible are protected in this case. I could tell you who gave us this perk, but jobs, lives, and possibly the security of our whole planet is on the line, so I'll refrain. It was Marmaduke.

As promised, having access like this granted me the ability to do things no mere mortals could ever hope to. And since the world seems to turn with every minute detail involving HRRRRRRR, I will do my best to report what I know, and what I have learned.

There will also be a small preview of HHN '09. Stay tuned, and enjoy.
DSC06075.JPG
Jimmy flew this very plane over me once in West Palm Beach. I wasn't inebriated at that point, so I still remember it.
DSC06078.JPG
They hide top secret HRRRRRR files in here. Seriously.
DSC06085.JPG
Three of these people currently live in Hawaii. I'm jealous of them. These rides make me sick, so I took the opportunity to do something else with my wait time.
DSC06082.JPG
This is pathetic.
DSC06084.JPG
Pathetic from a different angle. If you like this thing, seek help.
DSC06086.JPG
That spinning ride thingy accomplishes one thing....it gives you a look at Hulk's backside. Well, the coaster anyway.
DSC06089.JPG
I've been told this part of the ride sucks.
DSC06090.JPG
Millennium Force has the airtime equal to four El Toros, three Diamondbacks, Two Voyages, and one Bid Bad Wolf. Discuss.
DSC06081.JPG
Cedar Point is the greatest park in the history of mankind and beyond. That has nothing to do with this picture. I hate Cedar Point, even though I like it.
DSC06096.JPG
We made it to Toon Lagoon and it started to rain.
DSC06097.JPG
So I took another picture.
DSC06095.JPG
Hi, Lou! (does Lou still read this stuff?)
DSC06100.JPG
Then it was time for logs with lapbars....
5024_1106033609331_1181510323_30295150_3619060_n.jpg
...and cheap ponchos! Ponchos make you feel like a walking condom.
DSC06107.JPG
Where it's at....I got one turntable and a VIP pass. Where it's at (synthesizer voice) got one turntable and a VIP pass.
DSC06106.JPG
Bear with me. There's an important quota to be filled here.
DSC06108.JPG
I really like this rapids ride. Many people do.
DSC06109.JPG
But one special guest is wetting himself at this point. I'm sure of it.
DSC06110.JPG
Thus concludes our rapids section of the report.
DSC06111.JPG
DSC06112.JPG
"Take this one! We'll be back with more."
DSC06114.JPG
Holy shnikies.........CONSTRUCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DSC06115.JPG
Construction....through the trees!!!!!!
DSC06116.JPG
BOX!!!!!
DSC06128.JPG
It looks safe enough to me. OPEN IT NOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!
DSC06132.JPG
No need to TAKE THE TUNNEL anymore.
DSC06133.JPG
Hi, Rick!
DSC06140.JPG
I love this shirt.
DSC06143.JPG
This effect works better when it doesn't seem weird that dude is wearing a winter jacket in the dead off Florida summer. Just sayin'.
DSC06146.JPG
"Hey kids, daddy and I are gonna go use our crack pipes in the restroom for a while. Go ahead and climb on whatever you want while we're gone. It'll be okay."
hulk elevator.jpg
Finally, before we left for Universal, we took a spin on Hulk. We flashed our credentials Wayne and Garth style, were lead into a secret debriefing room, thrown in an elevator, traveled through the core of the earth, the doors opened, I snapped a bad shot with my phone, and we walked into the front row.

Most of that is true.

The last part will be up shortly. I need another drink first.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Postby Wes » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:36 pm

All ya'all need to read this cuz it's actually entertaining.

My transgendered dreams have come true!!!

Postby Mr. Starr » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:17 pm

Between WalMart, crack pipes, and secret HRRRRRR files, this TR is officially awesome.

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive