Photo TR: Adventure City - Anaheim, CA

A little preview for those going on the West Coast Trip
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
"Gelato isn't vegan?"

Photo TR: Adventure City - Anaheim, CA

Postby ILoveRides » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:12 am

A few days ago I was looking at what parks were on the upcoming TPR west coast trip, and was surprised to find one called "Adventure City" in Anaheim, CA that I had never heard of, despite living in So Cal my whole life. So... my girlfriend and I decided to go check it out. This is our trip report from that visit on 6/14/09. It should serve as a nice little preview for those coming on the west coast trip in about 2 months.

I should start off by saying that I was going into this park with very low expectations. The website just didn't intrigue me too much (mainly because there weren't any big overall pictures of the park or rides), there were only a handful of pictures on TPR, and it wasn't in the nicest area (although, to be fair, the area isn't terrible either.. and I felt 100% safe in and around the park). However... from the moment we stepped in, we were very pleasantly surprised. We ended up having a great time, and I almost feel guilty for thinking it would be anything less than a great experience. The staff were ALL very friendly to us (the park really shined in this regard), the rides... while mostly small... were fun, and overall... for a small, hole-in-the wall type park... it was surprisingly nice and well kept. I would definitely recommend checking it out and spending a few hours here. We had a wonderful time, and thought it was well worth the entry price.

On to the pics...
IMG_2430.jpg
My gf and I outside the entrance
IMG_2269.jpg
There's a train that runs around the whole park. You cross over the tracks in the entrance plaza.
IMG_2270.jpg
First we headed for the freeway coaster... the smaller of their 2 coasters.
IMG_2312.jpg
It was small, but still fun.
IMG_2314.jpg
And they let you stay on for 3 laps!
IMG_2343.jpg
I liked that it wasn't just sitting on a concrete slab like most other kid's coasters I've been on.
IMG_2413.jpg
It used the terrain nicely.
IMG_2412.jpg
It felt almost like it was built specifically to go through this tree.
IMG_2416.jpg
It loops around under itself... the basic layout is a figure 8... with a few extra bumps and twists.
IMG_2409.jpg
For lift hill enthusiasts
IMG_2406.jpg
One last pic of the freeway coaster.
IMG_2282.jpg
Next we headed for their larger coaster, Tree Top Racers. On the way we passed the party tree... which was locked... so we just partied outside.
IMG_2284.jpg
Tree Top Racers
IMG_2292.jpg
The cars are nicely themed.
IMG_2296.jpg
IMG_2306.jpg
I didn't get a good picture, but at one point near the end it feels like you're going to hit the track above you.
IMG_2307.jpg
IMG_2319.jpg
Next we headed for the train. This display case with model trains was a nice extra touch in the station.
IMG_2320.jpg
IMG_2329.jpg
The whole train ride was very well themed for such a small park.
IMG_2333.jpg
IMG_2334.jpg
IMG_2352.jpg
Very pretty theming for the last section of the train ride.
IMG_2362.jpg
Next up was this balloon ride. My girlfriend wanted to go on it because she thought it was going to be a really slow spinning, calm ride (she didn't see it run beforehand). She was wrong.... it was actually pretty intense.
IMG_2365.jpg
IMG_2372.jpg
IMG_2374.jpg
Wheeee I'm flying! I admit we were probably too big to be riding some of these rides... but we didn't care :-) The staff were great too, and didn't give us any weird "aren't you too old for this?" stares.
IMG_2376.jpg
Little ferris wheel type ride
IMG_2379.jpg
Overview shot taken from the ferris wheel
IMG_2315.jpg
Crazy bus.. the only ride we didn't get a chance to get on... just because we only came 1.5 hours before closing.
IMG_2393.jpg
They also had this car ride... and the really neat part was they let you dress up like firefighters to ride it!
IMG_2384.jpg
See? This was so cool.
IMG_2386.jpg
It was little touches like this that made this park really nice.
IMG_2402.jpg
The cars went through a nicely themed tunnel.
IMG_2396.jpg
Some of the theming in the tunnel.
IMG_2404.jpg
Each of the cars was different too... we rode the fire truck. I should also add that I'm supremely jealous of anyone who can fit in the front part of the firetruck.
IMG_2420.jpg
Well, that's it for Adventure City. Definitely check it out if you're in the area!
IMG_2439.jpg
Bye bye adventure city! We had fun :-)
IMG_2431.jpg
Bonus pic #1: Outside the park was this museum that looked like the white house.
IMG_2442.jpg
Bonus pic #2: Down the street from the park was this store called "Man's Town". WTF? I had to stop and take a manly picture out front. The funny thing was that they had women's clothes too... strange.

TPR's Hairstylist to the Stars!

Postby piers » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:15 am

Amazing!
Im so excited to dress up like a fireman, looks like a really fun park.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Coaster Joe » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:36 am

Great pics of a fun park. The Miler kiddy coaster was designed custom to go over the tree.

The Miler mouse is my fav steel in Cali. Do the cars still tip to the outside in the turns? I know they were going to do an extensive rehab and had talked about removing the tilt feature of the cars.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby DisWiz » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:36 am

How does the pricing work for this park? Is it all pay as you go? Or is it just an entrance fee? Just curious to see if I can easily hit this park up on my way to the beach when I'm down there in August.

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:48 am

Taking literally one minute to look at the website, it's $13.95 including unlimited use of the rides.

Nice TR, one of the parks I have yet to visit as it's not that high on my list, but thanks for showing it off.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby itnotfair » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:36 am

That mouse looks like a blast! I gotta get over there. I heard you had to have a kid with you or be an ACE member to get in. Seeing as how you are neither with children nor morbidly obese, I guess this is no longer the case. Thanks for the TR!

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby laqueefa » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:59 am

I didnt know Hillary Duff was into theme parks!?
but really, nice shots & great post. Looks fun :angel:

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:26 am

Everytime I try to go here it seems like the park is closed for one reason or another. I guess I should try to go soon as it looks like everything's running. :)
-Sean C.

FORMER DISNEYLAND ATTRACTION OP

They Broke The Mold When They Made Me, Thank God!

Postby ChrisZer0 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:26 am

laqueefa wrote:I didnt know Hillary Duff was into theme parks!?
but really, nice shots & great post. Looks fun :angel:

Thats what I was saying brother..Would I go for the Duff look a like or the small coaster..decisions, decisions....

Final Destination Guy!

Postby Goliath513 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:29 pm

^ Depends on what type of credit you want. ;) :Pr :lmao:

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive