Photo TR: FANTAWILD, Wuhu, China

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby george greenway » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:11 am

FANTAWILD, wuhu, China

here are pictures of the main views of the park and the four coasters.
appologies as Ive hijacked the thread with pictures of another park in china I was at last week. It is really a top notch park in an abismal city.
city walk.JPG
the main entrance to the complex. city walk is the first bit with shops, the entrance and ticket areas are well down this avenue.
view2.JPG
a pirate ship and half a geosphere, this houses another 3d cinema experience
view3.JPG
view in the other direction over the lake showing the giant conch under see motion ride , the t 2oasters in the back ground,and the volcanos of to the right
view4.JPG
a view from the top of dwark village overlooking the mine train volcano and river ride
slc.JPG
its a towering coaster and loks great once the mist had burnt off
suspended.JPG
billed as chinas tallest suspended coaster, i went on another in beijing shigshansen park today, spinning batman,
rollerskater.JPG
not originally in RCDB, this looks like a roller skater, with a pair of helixes in the ride.
atlantis.JPG
their water splash. very impressivly themed
crowd soaks boat.jpg
after the boat rounds the corner, the crowds soak the boat mercilesly with water cannons they bought from gift shop, park provides dustbin of watre to refill the cannons.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:38 am

Nice find. Thanks for posting this.

--Robb

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:02 am

It kind of looks like this park is trying to 'rip off' the Happy Valley's. Very similar theming and rides.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:23 pm

I'm not sure what it is, but I love the giant seashell building! :lover:
Erik Allen Elness

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:53 pm

Woah! The park looks incredible. The Chinese really knows how to build a great looking theme park quickly, even if the theming is made of cheap material.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Olov » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:31 am

The suspended wild mouse has been around at fairs for some years now in europe made by Reverchon.
www.coastersandmore.de
www.reverchon.com

OMG! A TALKING MUFFIN!

Postby DATman » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:32 am

Anyone else notice the apple in the seashell picture? Looks like Orange Stinger has a new rival!

Postby george greenway » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:01 am

the theming in this park is good, the apple contains a chair swinger. the suspended mouse is like aladelta, touring the spanish fairs, it is fairly smooth with alittle lateral jarring in the corners. the giant conch shell house an underwater cinema experience, where you wear 3 d goggles and walk on the sea bed. its very good. this park has the best 4 D cinema attraction in china, think as good as spiderman in IOA, it involves dinosaurs taking over the world and you fall into an abyss, this explains the upside down building which I first saw in USA. the tree with big orange balls appears inother parks, its in beijing happy velley i think, i saw it yesterday.

Ill dig out my pictures of discoveryladn in dalian and post them next, this is the other must see park ive found in china, apart from the obvious big parks, the chimelong, happy valley ones.

Ive only got Urumqui to visit and ive covered all the provinces with parks with more than 2 coasters. to get anymore is going to require some serious planning on daytripping into and out of an airport with no hotel.

If anyone wants to contact me for information on how to get to the parks im posting about, then please do. Its not difficult but will need a fair bit of preperation with written chinese help cards

The hotel will do these for you on the day for the taxi drivers who cant read english, and even if you say "happy valley" you still wont get there as I found, you have to say the chinese name for the place to get there.

when im speaking to taxi drivers the first thing i say is "le yuen" it means park, if your lucky you get taken to a park, if your unlucky you get taken to an area of night clubs ... or museum. been there.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:19 am

Dude please post more of those pics. Its really cool seeing all these well-themed parks even if they're cheaply done.

PS: Do you have any pics of the new Ferris Wheel park with the Vekoma Stingray??

Postby george greenway » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:09 am

its 11pm at night here, still compiling report for the day, but here are a few more pictures of the park.
Ill open another TR on other parks as i get the time over the next few days
thanks for the encouragement, its hard work in china the past 3 weeks and im due a holiday, btw its easter if youve noticed and im working it. even more unhappy.

i dont have the ferris wheel park, its at suzhou.
parkmap.jpg
this will give you the layout of the main park, entrance on bottom, it surrounds 2 lakes.
parkentatendofday.jpg
the day started misty and raining, but it soon burnt off. the entrance at the start of the day was packed, notice the queue on the left is groups only, as you bought the VIP ticket you can go in the tiny queue on the right and get the map.
parkentatendofday.jpg
shows you have better the day gets in the afternoon, and the entrance has hardly anyone in sight, they are all in the 3d shows.
flame sign.jpg
entrance sign post for SLC, very eleborate.
slcrepair.jpg
the SLC has a few problems with its trains
slcrepair2.jpg
no safety nets here, just walk along the track and lift the next carriage off.
station of suspended.jpg
the hanging pulley station, they are very happy to have their photos taken, as were the japanese. i got a few requests to star in photos with short girls.
hangingpulley.jpg
close up of a group enjoying the pulley ride
water levelwas  high.jpg
recall the river ride, the water level was at soaking level.
waterendurance.jpg
and incase you werent wet enough, the park kindly provides dustbins full of water for other guests to refll their soaker guns.
minetrain queue.jpg
the queues are out of this world, 2 hours is not uncommon and its only the early part of the season
minetrain cattle grid.jpg
plenty of space to squeze another few chinese peolpe in, and one tall english man who got picked on by the clown entertaining the crowd. hmmmm.
minetrainque and park view.jpg
atop dwarf tower, i kid you not, there is a good view of the park, this way over the minetrain queue and towards aztec pyramid
enteringali baba land.jpg
entering shangril land you get asked to pose with the snake, as i was the only one who could reach into its mouth, wish id charged.
attackof the dinosaursonusidedownhouse.jpg
couple of close ups of the park, this is the upside own house being attacked by dinosaurs, which in the next picture ...
conch shell 4d cineam.jpg
... leads you into the conch shell 4d cinema. you can barely see the size of these buildings, they will easily take 800 people.
space mountain 3d show.jpg
as you walk around, you find space mountain, this one has a 3d cinema in it, bit cheesy but passed 20 minutes
an icecream shop.jpg
fancy an ice cream, look for the shop shaped like your choice.
girlsmokes a flower.jpg
now why put a huge call with a windmill and a frog in fornt of an oversize fairy castle, the map is in chinese so ill find out one day.
even cowboys shoot me.jpg
the parade hapened at 2pm, and was average, i lined the my camera up and the cowboys turned on me to shoot me, didnt notice till i put the camera down. damn, english people stick out.
toliets.jpg
tell me im strange, but i collect unusual building shapes, and toilets are sometimes imaginatively hidden. this one is a conch shell. its not as wierd as the sink shot youll find in a toilet on TPR visit to china last year
rollerskater.jpg
an finally, it amazes me the chines are not top of my list as obey rules, they overtake on the side of the road, but on a coaster they all hold onto the bar.

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive