Wilson from Fox News Rising

Cobra all lit up

Media!

I like this shot!

Cobra Roll.

The lifts.

Loop action!

Hmmm. Where is everyone?

The tent was almost as big as the coaster.

New coaster. New palm trees. New banners! lol.

Pretty palm trees!

Cobra in Ice!

I tried to take this home but it was just a little too heavy

I'm hungry.

New Cobra train

I like this picture.

Cobra sign again.

Awwww.... Such a pretty bow!

Nicktoons shaking their booty

More booty shaking

Welcome!

They even rolled out the red carpet for me!!!

Nice band.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's awesome that you got to go to the media day. I just got back from spending opening day in the park, and let me tell you, Cobra was straight up awesome. They really did some miracle work with those trains. There was no head banging and the only time the train ever shook was going forwards into the cobra roll. I'd say that I'm actually happy CF moved this ride to Carowinds. It has officially replaced Expedition Everest as my favorite Vekoma. It really is a large improvement on what used to be in that location.

Thanks.

I was shocked at how smooth this ride was. It really rode like a brand new steel coaster. Major kudos to Vekoma.

The seats are so comfy you feel so relaxed and have tons of room. No headbanging at all.

It's impossible to bang you head and the only little bump you feel is heading into the cobra roll fowards. The rest of the ride is as smooth as glass.

Carolina Cobra is by far the best Boomerang out now. Hopefully other parks decide to purchase the new train so everyone can feel how amazing Boomerangs can be.

A BIG thanks to Dani, Bart and everyone else who put this amazing media event together. Also a huge thanks to Vekoma for putting together an amazing train.

Now lets start planning that 2010 coaster media event.

Carolina Cobra is by far the best Boomerang out now.

Ha, you should ride Praters boomerang, with the awesome trains, that only have lapbars!

Than we'll see which is the best boomerang!

Also, i'm really glad the new trains are working out this good! Especially since Gardaland's Magic Mountain got them for the 2009 season!

can't wait to try them out!

With all of the talk about how comfortable the new trains are, why is it that other parks are not upgrading their boomerangs or any other arrow/vekoma for that matter with these trains.

I wonder how much these cost compared to the $1 million for the new SLC trains?

Looked like a great media event as well. I think Cedar Fair is giving this park a lot of love and care, something Paramount rarely did.

Well, I sure do hope that these new trains did wonders, because when it was at Geauga Lake this thing was about the equivalent of rolling down a hill in a trash can. For the most part I find boomerangs to be fairly enjoyable, but not so for Head Spin. I will say that the positive reports thus far are encouraging.

On a side note, although the color choice to me is puzzling, I do like the logo a good bit.

Is there a law out there that says the vast majority of Boomerangs have to have a hideous color combination and a train that does not match? That new train looks awesome, but extremely out of place on that ugly track. What a missed opportunity. It could have looked intimidating, but instead it looks like a clown threw up.

For those of you thinking how crazy it is for people to think that the best Vekoma out is a boomerang, but until you ride this thing, it's impossible to understand how incredibly fun this ride is when the headbanging factor is gone. Cobra is as smooth as a B&M (except for one spot on the backwards cobra roll) and you really appreciate the design of the coaster when you ride it when it's smooth.

Also, the color scheme of the ride fits in the area very well being that it's right beside a tropical themed water park and right across from the Carolina Boardwalk section of the park. What it has to do with a cobra I couldn't tell you, but the fact is that the scheme looks good.

Another thing, it's rediculous how much the GP has eaten this coaster up. They absolutely love it and it really is the talk of the park everywhere you go and every line you're in.

It's amazing what a new train can do to a ride built in 1996. It feels like a brand new coaster.I too find it amazing the the GP is really talking about this coaster but to them it is new not a coaster built in 1996.

Just wait till next year. Then the GP and enthusiast will really start talking.