Cowabunga Bay waterpark

10lb 6oz Baby Boy born at park on Friday the 13th
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Postby montezooma » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:47 am

ginzo wrote:
montezooma wrote:Yes toddlers 3 and under will be admitted free and seniors over 65 will have their own price too.

Will Jeff Johnson get the senior rate, or is there a special deal for being over 5,000?

He can get the special rate but he will have to wear a swim diaper. We can't afford any leaks.
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING
New Season, New Posts, New Logo...Old Stuff!

Sir Haunts-a-lot

Postby Vffreak07 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:32 am

Shane, this is awesome man. I've always loved waterparks and seeing one being built by a fellow TPR member is flippin grand! Best of luck with this, and I hope all goes well in the construction/planning/building process!

Edit: Hey, also I have a question, what company did you order your slides from?

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby linearinduction » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:46 am

Shane and Fellow TPR Members, I ran down to the Construction Site Saturday afternoon and snapped a bunch of Photos. There's not a whole lot to look at, but I think I covered it sufficiently. ;) I posted the Photos in my Blog located here: Cowabunga Bay Construction Blog

*Note* All Photos were taken Outside the Construction Fence.

- Sid

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:38 pm

This looks great! I can't imagine how excited I would've been when the first shipment of slides arrived...lol

Congratulations, Shane!

Is there a construction timeline you could share with us?

Postby montezooma » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:49 pm

DBru wrote:This looks great! I can't imagine how excited I would've been when the first shipment of slides arrived...lol

Congratulations, Shane!

Is there a construction timeline you could share with us?

^yes...Summer 2009...lol

Yes my excitement level was pretty high when the first shipment came in, but it failed in comparison to when we first signed the contract with White Water, it was tough to keep quiet, but I had to until I had all city approvals.
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:09 pm

Shane I'm sure you've probably already thought of this, but will there be a Cowabunga Bay mascot? I was thinking the surfing cow in the artwork would look good on t-shirts and would be a cool costumed character to roam around the park.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby linearinduction » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:13 pm

I think I've already told Shane how awesome that Cow in Boardshorts is! It Pwns! :lmao:

- Sid

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:24 pm

ginzo wrote:
montezooma wrote:
Yes toddlers 3 and under will be admitted free and seniors over 65 will have their own price too.

Will Jeff Johnson get the senior rate, or is there a special deal for being over 5,000?

He can get the special rate but he will have to wear a swim diaper. We can't afford any leaks.

Wow......just......woooooow........ :lolr:

Thought of you, Shane, as we passed by East Ridge in Chattanooga this weekend. They really could use a Cowabunga...dude.

Final Destination Guy!

Postby Goliath513 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:14 pm

This is the closest we have come to TPR having its own park!

Postby montezooma » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:38 pm

linearinduction wrote:Shane and Fellow TPR Members, I ran down to the Construction Site Saturday afternoon and snapped a bunch of Photos. There's not a whole lot to look at, but I think I covered it sufficiently. ;) I posted the Photos in my Blog located here: Cowabunga Bay Construction Blog

*Note* All Photos were taken Outside the Construction Fence.

- Sid

Sid got some great shots from outside the fence, here are a few from inside the fence. Most of the work going on now is underground. The pump house and huge balance tank that holds all the water for the play structure are the focus now.

Some of the structure has arrived as well as the rest of the slides. Another shipment will be in Thursday. I am happy we were victorious again over a FEC competitor down the road who has been trying very hard to delay our project. The city council voted unanimously in our favor.
DSC01504.JPG
all this hard work and money just gets buried in the ground
DSC01524.JPG
There is a lot of testosterone on this job!
DSC01529.JPG
essentially this is a huge underground pool that will hold the hundreds of thousands of gallons that will flood the giant playstructure
DSC01539.JPG
the finished floor. 10's high walls and ceiling go in this week
DSC01483.JPG
this is one section of the tower that will support one of the giant buckets 65' up in the air
DSC01546.JPG
DSC01489.jpg
The three open body flumes will be green, blue and purple
DSC01549.JPG
DSC01486.jpg
DSC01487.JPG
I personally had to pick each and everyone of these colors. So if you love it let me know. If not...keep it to yourself
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!