Photo Trip Report - Silverwood Theme Park

The Northwest's Largest Family Theme Park
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Mr. October

Photo Trip Report - Silverwood Theme Park

Postby JimmyBo » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:45 pm

I took a trek up to Silverwood this past weekend and I must say that I was very impressed with this place. Before you all ask, NO, Aftershock was not open. With that out of the way onto the things I enjoyed about this place.

Tremors and Timber Terror immediately climbed into my Top Ten Wooden coasters. These things were insane. Tremors wasn't running too good in the morning but I am glad I went back on it in the afternoon because once it heated up, it ran really fast and smoother than the morning. The gift shop fly-through was cool and I loved the use of the tunnels on the ride. Timber Terror just hauled butt the entire ride and gave some good moments of air-time. Both of them were great coasters.

Corkscrew, the original from Knott's Berry Farm, hurt and ran a little too fast for my taking. All of the flat rides were pretty standard except Sky Diver which I have never seen anywhere else before. It's a unique Ferris Wheel-type ride but you can turn the cars upside-down but not like a Rock O- Plane.

The rapids ride...well...probably the best rapids ride I have been on in the United States. Everyone on the raft came off completely soaked.

All in all, this was a great park and I will definitely make a trip back up there once they have Aftershock open. From some of the conversations I heard from the locals, I think Aftershock will be a real winner for the park.

Onto the pictures...
001.JPG
Silverwood, as seen from the road
002.JPG
Here's Aftershock...nearly complete in all it's Deja Vu glory glory
003.JPG
Jeff, the jolly gentle giant, points out where we need to go on the park map.
004.JPG
Looks like we are headed the right way...to the coasters
005.JPG
Tremors flys by the sign
006.JPG
Tremors, with a gift shop fly through. I wonder if this is where those GCI guys got the station fly-through idea?
007.JPG
Silverwood definitely ranks up there with the "Weird signs" award. They had some interesting signs, here's one of them.

"Don't take your head off and bang it around in the tunnels"
008.JPG
Tremors starting to head up the lift hill
009.JPG
First drop down underneath the gift shop
010.JPG
Plenty of airtime in the back car
011.JPG
Tremors flys through one of its many turns
012.JPG
You can hear this thing rumbling throughout the entire park
012a.JPG
Looking up at the massive structure
012b.JPG
Tremors used the terrain of the earth very well and a lot of trees came close to the ride
012c.JPG
Another dip before heading back through more tunnels for the finale
013.jpg
The guys liked it. Me (black shirt) Uncle David (blue shirt), cousins Andrew (yellow shirt) and Daniel (striped shirt)
014.JPG
Next was Timber Terror and it's amazing first drop
015.jpg
Here's a tree vomiting out some track, another weird sign.
016.jpg
Someone needs to use spell check or go to grammar school
017.JPG
First drop goodness. Lots of airtime in the back for the first drop but the middle had the most airtime throughout the ride
017a.JPG
Flying over the hills
018.JPG
Timber Terror and Panic Plunge (their drop ride)
019.JPG
Another first drop picture...because it was just that awesome!
020.JPG
Finishing up the turnaround and heading home...complete with more hairtime
021.JPG
Wooden coaster and drop tower THROUGH THE TREES! This combo has never been done before...its a TPR first! Soak it in! You just experienced history folks
022.JPG
Time for Panic Plunge, where you crap your pants
023.JPG
Meg, Jolly Gentle Giant Jeff, Jono, Melissa and Katie ready to leave their stomachs in the sky
024.JPG
Freefall. Even though its about 175ft shorter than Supreme Scream...Panic Plunge kicks Supreme Screams bootay!
025.JPG
Here's the Sky Diver, never seen this type of ride before and it was truly a different experience. I think all Ferris Wheels should be like this
026.JPG
By the way, this park is themed around Garfield...here's the kiddie area.
027.JPG
Tiny Toot, a credit whore's dream come true.
028.JPG
Here's the Tiny Toooooooooot doing it's thing
029.jpg
If you read this sign like it's one sentence then it makes perfect sense. In other words, if you don't cut line then we will throw you out of the park so go ahead and cut line
030.JPG
Log Flume...seeing a midget is more entertaining than riding their log flume
031.jpg
Here's the gang waiting for midgets to walk by...Melissa, Courtney, Amy, Dangerous Daniel, Jolly Gentle Giraffe Giant Jeff, Jumpin Jono, Assburgers Andrew, and the main retard JimmyBo
032.JPG
I see pain over in the horizon
033.JPG
It's time to pop the cork and get screwed
034.JPG
Just hurts looking at it
035.jpg
Seriously, if you design a ride that needs this warning then burn the mother down...honestly!
036.jpg
Katie and Abby survived and didn't lose their haering aids...maybe it isn't that bad
037.JPG
PAINFUL!
038.JPG
This is what you call getting screwed by the cork
039.JPG
By the way, it goes upside-down for those new people to the roller coaster world.
040.jpg
"I got knocked out on the first turn so it was a great ride from what I remember"
041.JPG
Flat ride #1, Tilt-a-Hurl
042.JPG
Flat ride #2, "The Sandlot" Tobacco Puking Machine
043.JPG
Flat ride #3, Spin and Puke
044.JPG
Thunder Canyon, the best rapids ride in the United States according to JimmyBo
045.jpg
The J's are ready to get completely soaked over every inch of their body
046.JPG
Time to get wet biatches!
047.JPG
Paratrooper, THROUGH THE TREES! Another TPR first. Holy hell people, you just saw history twice in the same update. You should give yourself a cookie and if you're diabetic like Dan then sucks to be you
048.JPG
Did I mention how awesome the theming was at this park?
049.jpg
What can they be talking about now? Where are we going next?
050.JPG
Only the best Ice Cream place in any amusement park in the United States. Seriously, when they say big scoops they mean big fother mucking scoops.
051.JPG
Here's looking out towards the two wooden coasters which sit nicely in my Top Ten Wooden Coasters
052.JPG
All in all, Silverwood was a great park and had some world class coasters. I highly recommend going to this park. It was a great day and the atmosphere was amazing.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby themeparkguy27 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:44 pm

Nice TR of a park rarely shown on here.

I miss our Deja Vu! Hope they get Aftershock running soon.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby odie » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:59 pm

Great TR! I feel the exact same about Silverwood, it's a amazing park and almost has a Disney type feel to it. To bad this year, when they build their 'new' coaster, is the year that we chose to make our way down to SFDK instead of going back again. But we should be back soon :b

Did you happen to make it over to Boulder Beach?

SFNERules

Postby SFNERules » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:02 pm

I've wanted to go to this place since I got into coasters and reading your TR just made me want to go more. Their ride lineup really seems amazing, and I hope they have good luck with Deja. I really enjoyed my ride on it last year at Great America, so it's just one more reason to want to go out there (Not that the two CCIs and the ARM tower weren't reason enough). If they ever end up getting a set of Flying Scooters.....I might just have to book a plane ticket. Thanks for the TR.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby pacoasterrider » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:07 pm

Those pictures remind me of Knoebels so much. Very nice park. I didn't really respect it too much until seeing this Photo TR (never looked at one before)

Deja..I mean Aftershock will fit in great at that park for the price they probably paid for it.

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:30 pm

Thumbs up man!

Paratrooper, THROUGH THE TREES! Another TPR first. Holy hell people, you just saw history twice in the same update. You should give yourself a cookie and if you're diabetic like Dan then sucks to be you

:lmao:

Hmmm...methinks I should try this rapids since it's so highly recommended. You also have taught me something new today.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby angryemobeaver » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:49 pm

Great Photo TR! Im surprised they didn't paint Aftershock a different color, i hate it's colors.
I have a hard time ranking coasters so here are just some of my favorites
|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Voyage|Shivering Timbers|Goliath SFOG|Fahrenheit|Banshee|Mystery Mine|Cornball Express|Cheetah Hunt|

SWF looking for dorky overweight coaster enthusiast to sweep me off my feet.

Re: Photo Trip Report - Silverwood Theme Park

Postby natatomic » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:11 pm

JimmyBo wrote:Silverwood definitely ranks up there with the "Weird signs" award. They had some interesting signs, here's one of them.

"Don't take your head off and bang it around in the tunnels"

See, now this is the kind of sign that Six Flags needs on its fences. It's both graphic AND specific!

They'd just have to change the wording to, "Climb these and DIE."

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby 65skylark » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:16 pm

Glad you enjoyed Silverwood, Jimmy! Now I know like three other people who have been to the only park worth going out of your way for here in the Pacific Northwest. I have to agree with you about Timber Terror's first drop. Best first drop on any woodie I have been on, without a doubt. The first airtime hill is pretty sweet, too. I also think Panic Plunge is about ten times worse than any S&S drop tower of twice the size.

You must have skipped the water park or just didn't get any pics? I figued the "float up to" bar in the lazy creek would be right up your alley ;)

Mr. October

Postby JimmyBo » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:22 pm

^ I walked through the waterpark but didn't take any pictures because I didn't want to be the guy taking pictures of people in bathing suits. And as for the swimup bar? I did the walk-up bar twice! I was surprised they served beer at the park but no agruement here.

Jimmy "Silverwood is awesome people...go now!" Bo

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive