Sea World Abu Dhabi back on the docket for 2022

Page 13: Sea World licensing its name to Abu Dhabi park
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Tanks4me05 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:26 pm

MisterP wrote:Am I really the one person who thinks Americans spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars to fly to the Middle East to ride roller coasters is insane?!

I would obviously spend a few days in the major cities to see the "normal" tourism stuff, but I would go to Israel, Kuwait and Lebanon as well as UAE.

Yankee cannonball wrote:^I would pay any amount of money to be in the side loop hotel.

So I'm not the only one who cares about that thing? I was going to call it the Vertical Donut Hotel, but Sideloop is still a good name.

PURE wrote:^No. Its a company, bottom line.
Regardless of which animals live in the Persian Gulf, when you plop large man made islands off the coast, you're destroying some sort of habitat, polar bears or not. It's just ironic that Seaworld happens to be that company doing it this time.

When Palm was constructed, Scuba Divers (for surveying the underwater portion of the construction) found that the rocks and stuff they placed in the water for Palm Island actually acted as anchors for coral to take hold. These artificial islands are not destroying marine life, they are letting it thrive. You know how people sink old Battleships and old war planes to make artificial reefs, well, this is kind of the same thing, only on a much bigger scale, and the whole "Man Made Reef" thing was an unintentional bonus in revenue (Scuba Diving next to and around the reef.)

JT3000 wrote:A whale shaped island? Amusing gimmick... incredibly stupid, but amusing. There won't be any room to expand, and these parks are already small to begin with (up to 1/3 the size of their FL counterparts.)

Busch Gardens Dubai may not be that large, but if you take a look at BGA, they really didn't need all that land with the small amount of rides they have. If Busch Gardens Dubai will have the same amount of rides as BGA, it is actually a good size. You have to walk A LOT to get between Montu and Gwazi.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Yankee cannonball » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:41 pm

I am making a side loop hotel avatar! ^and, yeah, I thought the island would pull some awesome loophole involving coral. :lolr: now I'm off to go use some words that aren't loop.

About to be banned, for poor grammar

Postby Hobbesx2 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:10 pm

NOooooooooooooooooooooo! I hate parks in Dubai, especially big name ones with lots of rollercoasters...

I can't go to Dubai. My last name's Cohen and I'm Jewish so I would probably be thrown out. Or worse.
#1 steel- Montu
#1 wood- Prowler
Most recent- Mick Doohan's Motocoaster (#100!)

1600x1200 Dots per Moniter

Postby pixelated » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:26 pm

Wait...

(does a double take)

Dubai? Well... if you're gonna build a park, I guess Dubai would be the place to do it...
"The only thing predictable about life is its unpredictability"

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Re: Busch Gardens Announces Worlds of Discovery Resort in Du

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:05 pm

Will this park have shamu? :b
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby mrlego611 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:17 pm

FINALLY! A BUSCH GARDENS NEAR MY COUNTRY! :D One hour away by plane! I hope it has a B&M diving coaster when it opens! Shame Six Flags dropped outta the Dubailand. But still, BUSCH GARDENS!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:19 pm

mrlego611 wrote:FINALLY! A BUSCH GARDENS NEAR MY COUNTRY! :D One hour away by plane! I hope it has a B&M diving coaster when it opens! Shame Six Flags dropped outta the Dubailand. But still, BUSCH GARDENS!

I'm not 100%, but I am pretty sure this project is dead. It's a shame though because the concept of a park being in the shape of a whale would've been awesome.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby mrlego611 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:27 pm

Ccron10 wrote:
mrlego611 wrote:FINALLY! A BUSCH GARDENS NEAR MY COUNTRY! :D One hour away by plane! I hope it has a B&M diving coaster when it opens! Shame Six Flags dropped outta the Dubailand. But still, BUSCH GARDENS!

I'm not 100%, but I am pretty sure this project is dead. It's a shame though because the concept of a park being in the shape of a whale would've been awesome.

I know. I just remembered, my mom previously told me about the project in Dubai. I was excited and I looked it up, only to find out it has been shelved. Damn recession ruining my dreams of having a Six Flags or a Busch Gardens near my country. It's ok. I still have that field trip to one of our poopy parks here on Thursday so expect a Photo TR on Thursday!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Busch Gardens Announces Worlds of Discovery Resort in Dubai

Postby DorneyKid14 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:14 am

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/seaworld/os-seaworld-theme-park-middle-east-abu-dhabi-20161213-story.html

Looks like sea world will be opening its first park outside the USA in 2022.

SeaWorld announces new theme park in the Middle East, with no orcas

SeaWorld Abu Dhabi will open by 2022, with no killer whales. SeaWorld today announced a partnership with the Abu Dhabi government-backed Miral to develop "a first-of-its-kind marine life theme park."

SeaWorld Abu Dhabi will open by 2022, with no killer whales.

SeaWorld today announced a partnership with the Abu Dhabi government-backed Miral to develop "a first-of-its-kind marine life theme park." It will be on Abu Dhabi's manmade Yas Island.

Miral is funding the project. SeaWorld is licensing the brand and will incur no capital expense.

The theme park will include the United Arab Emirates' first dedicated marine life research, rescue, rehabilitation and return center.

It will have up-close animal experiences, attractions, and an aquarium.

Planned to open ahead of the theme park, the research and rehab center will provide a resource for people in the United Arab Emirates hoping to develop or enhance expertise in marine life sciences, the company said.
SeaWorld closes attractions and cuts performers - Orlando News Now

SeaWorld has been planning a Middle Eastern park for several years. Last month it disclosed in SEC documents it had reached a definitive agreement for a project.

SeaWorld will complement Miral's Yas Island portfolio of four themed parks, That includes Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Yas Waterworld, and the recently announced Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi and Clymb.

The Middle East is becoming an increasingly popular destination for theme parks.

In a press release, SeaWorld Chief Executive Officer Joel Manby called the new park "a next generation SeaWorld that engages, educates and inspires."
Last edited by larrygator on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:08 pm.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Dubai / Abu Dhabi - Guide to Projects & Coasters

Postby larrygator » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:23 pm

That should certainly help Sea World's bottom line since it appears to be licensing the name. That is if SEAS makes it to 2022.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!