^^ Last time I checked the park doesn't open in January.
Here are some details that the Admin (Dan) from CWMania was able to obtain from a recent visit to the park.
* Trains are scheduled to arrive in early March 2008 (although they are expected to arrive instead in late February)
* At present, there will be a souvenir photo for the ride and video is still being considered
* Behemoth merchandise is still being planned out and specifics are not yet available
* A public webcam has been considered but will not be added
* The storage/transfer track may be enclosed at some future point although it is currently open-air
* Sand is being considered to deaden the sound in some key points throughout the ride
* The completion date for the ride construction is February next year although the planned completion date for steel erection is the end of 2007
* The scratches on the track and support will be touched up with paint after the steel erection is complete
* The trim brakes will be indeed be installed on the three airtime hills after the turnaround. Bolliger and Mabillard will determine if these will be used at some point throughout the testing phase
* The station will use 16 queues and airgates to divide passengers into the appropriate rows to board the train. Therefore, each row of 2 seats will have a separate airgate
* The queue will hold approximately 45 minutes worth of guests, will be shaded by "sails" and may contain a DJ booth
* The entrance to the queue will be off a new midway being extended from Sledgehammer which will also contain the newly re-located entrances to Italian Job and Orbiter
* The entrance for Behemoth will contain landscaping and other aesthetic features although no true "theming" will be installed
* The degree of the drop is...to be continued (as it is currently being investigated).
Personally I'm still excited about this project. I haven't been to CW since '99 (and I've only been an enthusiast since '02), so this year's Platinum Pass offer could see me making the drive up the 401 this summer.
The planned completion date for steel erection is the end of 2007.
"Talk to your welder if this erection lasts longer than January."
^ im still sticking to the notion that the trims are incase they need them, after all, B&M is using a new style of train, and they probably want to make sure that they are covered incase the trains dont act the way they believe they will
Intamin is my way of life! Get High on Roller Coasters, not Drugs!
These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment, Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.
photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by
a professional ride photographer.
For yours and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at
parks without proper permission.
You need a sense of humor to view our site,
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER! There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13." Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.