Wild West World MINI Photo TR

Ugh
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
2 + 2 = donkey!

Wild West World MINI Photo TR

Postby hemmy » Mon May 14, 2007 10:00 am

Well we decided to take a mother's day trip to the newly opened Wild West World in Valley Center, KS just outside of Wichita.

I suggested we go to Worlds of Fun, but we decided to go to Wild West World for a new experience. I wasn't expecting much to begin with, but it turns out even with 0 expectations I was still let down.

Here is a mini review of the park.

$25 seemed like a somewhat reasonable price if you compare it to a carnival in which you pay per ride. Once we got into the park it was clearly still under construction. It in my opinion needed a lot of landscape work and as you will see the rides could use some as well.

As far as park cleanliness goes, the paths were clean other than the dirt that just blows in the wind (which I suppose is somewhat accurate to the old west) Their vending machines have tons of gigantic bugs in the drink dispenser, and while I am your typical guy and that really didn't bother me I know a lot of people would have freaked out if they could see it.

I had mixed emotions about the rides. Had all the rides they had in the park been operating then perhaps one could justify the entrance fee, but this was not the case. The sign on the ticket booth said 2 rides would not be operating, and one of which on the list actually was running the entire day. It turned out that 5 rides were not running. If this was a large park perhaps it wouldn't be a big deal but that is practically half of their attractions.

The staff seemed under-trained and very young. I understand high school kids work for cheap but to me they could have spent a little longer training the kids and teaching them how to better operate the rides.

When you cannot possible stay for 3 hours unless you ride each open ride 10+ times I consider that $25/person to be a big waste of money.

Okay after that worthless rant lets go onto the pictures. I do not have a lot because my camera's battery died at the park, but you will get the basic idea from what I do have. We will go backwards :)
Picture 001.jpg
The main "midway" before the park opens
Picture 002.jpg
A clock, the park opened at 1:00pm
Picture 003.jpg
Across the pond in the middle of the park, you see the train testing and the up and drop log ride, half of which wasn't even built yet.
Picture 004.jpg
A swing, they said this ride was closed but it wasn't.
Picture 005.jpg
Ya this is another swingy ride, looked more Mexican than Western (which is a trend)
Picture 006.jpg
El Diablo, it flipped you in many directions and the shoulder restraints caused a lot of pain.
Picture 007.jpg
I got nothing
Picture 008.jpg
The ferris wheel was open! - but it had the longest line in the park
Picture 009.jpg
I think this was supposed to swing, but this ride wasn't built yet either.
Picture 010.jpg
rock meets western?

I didn't ride this
Picture 011.jpg
Wild mouse coaster, which I think was supposed to spin as well. As you can see it wasn't running with a guy on the track.
Picture 012.jpg
Maverick!!!! The bull bumper car. These bumper cars were so unbelievably crowed you could barely move.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby thefitness » Mon May 14, 2007 12:12 pm

Looks like this park needs a lot of work. I can see it being similar to a Cypress Gardens type park once it starts to grow a little more.

I Love Eli Manning!

Postby coastercrazed49 » Mon May 14, 2007 12:26 pm

Wow that park looks really Ghetto. At least you could get a few credits on the trip, but it doesnt seem worth $25.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby coastrfreak2000 » Mon May 14, 2007 12:33 pm

After some landscaping and foliage is put in I'm sure it'll look much better. At the moment it just looks very open and fair-like and there is basically no shade. The facades along the "main street" also look very plain as well.

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Mon May 14, 2007 1:19 pm

Cool TR, the park does look pretty bad, but that's nothing some trees wouldn't fix. Give it a few years and it'll probably improve alot.

#1 Nintendo Fanboy!

Postby Disney Dood » Mon May 14, 2007 1:24 pm

I bet the new coaster next year will make the park alot better.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby hemmy » Mon May 14, 2007 1:34 pm

I agree, if it is decent and they can get the rest of the park up and running it would ALMOST be worth $25

X is the best. Tatsu sucks.

Postby smartestcoasterkidever! » Mon May 14, 2007 1:43 pm

It's a glorified state fair!!! I do agree with what you were saying. When I went opening day, they're were the two rides closed cause they weren't finished yet (log flume and condor) and the flying scooters and canoe because of the wind. The staff are EXTREMELY undertrained. There is a couple of nice ones though.

When I was at WWW, the ferris wheel had hardly anyone in line! For some odd reason, I thought that the ferris wheel was fun! Also, you are right about El Diablo. It and Fiesta Grande, are probably the worst rides in the park.

BTW, I might be going to WWW this weekend. Hopefully I won't lose 300+ pics like last time!!!

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby krouvi » Mon May 14, 2007 1:44 pm

It looks like a rct3 park of a beginner .
I hope they will start to work harder or they miss the entire season.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby swampfox » Mon May 14, 2007 1:45 pm

It looks about as bad as Pedro's World at South Of The Border. :lolr:

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive