Photo TR: Rye Playland

A tutorial
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Photo TR: Rye Playland

Postby Hercules » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:43 pm

Hey kids! Welcome to Rye Playland! This is a tutorial and tour of what Rye Playland has to offer, so your visit can be great and entertaining! It can be a little confusing, so hold on tight and get read for the ride!

For the history of Rye Playland, go here: http://www.ryeplayland.org/History/default.htm

Now, are you ready? Let's go!
HPIM0458.jpg
Ok, so, first things first. You pay your parking fee and you park!
HPIM0456.jpg
I suggest taking a walk down the boardwalk! It's no Jersey shore, but it will do!
HPIM0466.jpg
Be sure to admire the sites and smells of Long Island Sound while on the boardwalk!
HPIM0459.jpg
And make sure, if you want to swim, to only go into the water when the green flag is up.
HPIM0460.jpg
And Please PI P AFTER OUR DOG!
HPIM0464.jpg
We have come up to the museum! Um, well, the door seems to be locked for some reason, but...
HPIM0463.jpg
you can still take pictures through the glass with a reflection of yourself in it. It makes it look just like you are in there with it anyway!
HPIM0467.jpg
Ok kids, here's our first quiz of the day! Where are we? Are we in A. Mexico City or B. Rye Playland?
HPIM0449.jpg
No silly! We are in Rye Playland of course. Here is the front gate, let's go!
HPIM0447.jpg
Ok, first things first. You can either get a wrist band that is good for 6 hours or get a card that gets you "points". All rides are worth designated "points". With the wristband, you don't have to worry about points.
HPIM0402.jpg
If you go the card route, you can replenish your "points" at one of these nifty little shacks. Just remember, exact change please!
HPIM0452.jpg
Now don't forget to pick up a park map, because here we go! Let's see what this place has to offer!
HPIM0465.jpg
To your right is a Nathan's hotdogs. Now don't get scared. You don't have to come all the way back here to get a hotdog if you want, because...
HPIM0453.jpg
I spy a Nathan's here.
HPIM0416.jpg
And there is one over there. Nathan's is everywhere! AHHHHH!
HPIM0364.jpg
Welcome to Dragon Coaster! This is a classic wooden coaster!
HPIM0375.jpg
Now, here is the trick, you can't ride any ride without putting your card or your wristband under this scanner. No click click without a beep beep.
HPIM0438.jpg
Here at Rye Playland we offer service with a smile!
HPIM0419.jpg
YAY! This is a Willis friendly park... uh hem, excuse me, sorry, back to the tour.
HPIM0394.jpg
Uh oh, it looks like those damn UK Trip credit whores were here. Let's move along now children.
HPIM0385.jpg
This is SuperFlight!
HPIM0370.jpg
And this is the trim free Crazy Mouse. Hold on tight!
HPIM0369.jpg
Welcome to The Whip, the best flat ride in the park, at least in the opinion of this tour guide.
HPIM0388.jpg
Some will argue that it is the Derby Racer, which is a must ride on any trip to Playland!
HPIM0389.jpg
Now this is the Kiddie Coaster. Sorry, no adults allowed. See, I knew what you were thinking. (;
HPIM0391.jpg
Oh my! It seems that we have come across the most popular attraction in the park... the lion water fountain! Hmmm.... I don't see that on map... they should start charging "points" for it. Anyway, moving on...
HPIM0425.jpg
On a hot day like tihs, it is keen to hit up the log flume...
HPIM0427.jpg
...and the Playland Plunge!
HPIM0445.jpg
For your resting pleasure, there are benches located all around the park. Even skinny people can sit on them, I swear. Although, there aren't any around, but I promise they can!
HPIM0409.jpg
Time is running short, and you guys need to get out there and have some fun, so I have one more suggestion... get on this beautiful carousel! And aside from that, I have one more word of advice...
HPIM0418.jpg
BEWARE OF THE BATHROOMS!!! On that note, have a great day!

Rock Your Cock!

Postby Canobie Fan » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:01 pm

dood! I love Rye Playland. I cant wait to go back in 2 weeks ::D

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:08 pm

Nice Photo TR. Yes, Playland is a strange sort of park, and the derby racer is one of the "must sees", though all the darkrides are really cool too. I'm looking forward to returning here in another 2 months, as I haven't been there with the wristbands yet.
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Finrock » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:10 pm

It looks nice;) is SuperFlight the same model as Trombi in Särkänniemi?

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:31 pm

Yeah, it appears that way.

Playland is definately a weird little place. It's kind of ghetto, but I like it.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby JamminJ » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:58 pm

Oh man, Playlands Whip is AMAZING.. I thought Knoebels was the best a Whip could get.. man I was so wrong when Playlands cranked up to at least double the speed of Knoebels. Rye is an amazing park, that certainly doesn't get enough credit in enthusiast circles.

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:32 pm

What?

I thought Knoebels' whip was one of the few rides that weren't among the best in class... very "meh"

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby pete4winds » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:57 pm

Hey, is that a Zoltan Speaks I see? Nah, stupid vending machine!!!
hpim0456_166.jpg
Borrowed from this Photo TR
pete4winds [1:49am]: boobs
System Msg: SharkTums has joined ThemeParkReview on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:49 am
pete4winds [1:50am]: holy crap...it worked!!!

My site: http://www.petefourwinds.com

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:26 pm

I thought Knoebels' whip was one of the few rides that weren't among the best in class... very "meh"

True dat!

For a true whipping, you must head to Camden Park.
Ted

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby JamminJ » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:14 pm

Yeah but that was still when I was a Whip noob.. plz forgive me.

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive