Photo TR: Adventure Island 5/12/06

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Team Alcide!

Photo TR: Adventure Island 5/12/06

Postby live2tell75 » Fri May 26, 2006 11:40 am

Hey everyone! Went to Adventure Island a few weeks ago before the schools got out here. It was such a great day! No lines at all! I mainly wanted to check out the park's new slides: Riptide. Riptide was a lot of fun and is now one of my favorites in the park. The Gulf Scream looks lonley without the Tampa Typhoon, but I will take Riptide or anything instead of getting bruised on the Typhoon! Thought this trip report would be appropriate since this weekend is typically the kick off of summer. Hope everyone has a fun and safe Memorial Day. Hope you enjoy!

--Eric J
Water Mocasion1.JPG
The family tube-raft slide Wahoo Run
Wahoo Run2web.JPG
Wahoo Run is one of my favorite slides in the park!
Wahoo Run3web.JPG
The waterfalls are a lot of fun!
Runnaway Rapids5web.JPG
The oldest slides in the park: The Runnaway Rapids
Runnaway Rapids4web.JPG
When I was a kid I would spend the whole day on these five flume slides and the now retired Baratuba slide.
Runnaway Rapids1web.JPG
The Runnaway Rapids features 5 different flumes that travel by and through waterfalls, caves and lush tropical landscaping.
Paradise Lagoon1web.JPG
Another older area of the park, The Paradise Lagoon water activities pool.
Wave Poolweb.JPG
A water park would not be a water park without a wave pool. At Adventure Island it is called The Endless Surf.

Team Alcide!

Postby live2tell75 » Fri May 26, 2006 11:53 am

More Photos:
Fabian's Funportweb.JPG
At Fabian's Funport, even the kids have their own water park.
Everglidesweb.JPG
I love the Everglides!
Rambling Bayou4web.JPG
Since it was not crowded, I could actually enjoy the Rambling Bayou.
Rambling Bayou2web.JPG
The landscaping is always beautiful, but what else would you expect from Busch!
Rambling Bayou3web.JPG
It was so nice not to have to fight for a tube!
Aruba Tuba & Calipso Coasterweb.JPG
The always fun Calypso Coaster and Aruba Tuba raft slides.
keywestweb.JPG
The Key West Rapids. This slide features 3 different splash pools on the way down to the final pool.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby thefitness » Fri May 26, 2006 11:57 am

no pics of riptide???
nice update though i love this park! the slides arent great.
but its fun to mess around at that park

Team Alcide!

Postby live2tell75 » Fri May 26, 2006 12:04 pm

Even more photos:
Gulf Screamweb.JPG
The Gulf Scream minus the Tampa Typhoon.
Gulf Scream2web.JPG
I don't miss The Tampa Typhoon one bit! I used break my back on that thing!
Caribean Corkscrewweb.JPG
Speaking of back-breaking slides, here is one: The Caribbean Corkscrew. I either hurt my back or feel like I am drowning from all the water that hits you in the face!
Splash Attackweb.JPG
Even though Splash Attack seems like it is geared for kids, my freinds and I could spend hours in there - too much fun!
Water Mocasion1web.JPG
The Water Moccasin tube slides. Watchout for the middle one. I didn't even touch the slide, pretty fast!
Riptide1web.JPG
And finally last but not least, Adventure Island's new slide, Riptide. This was a lot of fun . I went on it a gazillion time! Good addition to the park!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Fri May 26, 2006 12:28 pm

Wow that looks like a great waterpark. Very beatiful! Im not a big fan of those 100ft near-vertical backbruising waterslides, but these seems very fun to me (except the corkscrew thing maybe)

¡Vamos a Seis Banderas!

Postby pvcoasterguy » Fri May 26, 2006 12:28 pm

It was a pretty good waterpark... I liked the body slides through the caves- most of them were nice, long, and quite fun. Everglides was insane, as was the Caribbean Corkscrew. My favorite, however, was the bizarre Key West Rapids. I've never seen a ride like that before. It must be costly to support/fill all the pools above ground level.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Slacking » Fri May 26, 2006 12:59 pm

When I visited AI for the first time last year, I couldn't find the entrance for those 5 body slides. The signage isn't really there, and the entrance is kind of weird. Except for having trouble finding those slides, its really quite a nice park. I hate the Corkscrew though, so painful! Nice pics, I should take the journey to visit Riptide.

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Fri May 26, 2006 1:03 pm

Am I the only one that thinks Wahoo Run should get a paintjob, it looks faded after six years.

Anyways, I seriously need to head back to Adventure Island, haven't been there since 2001. And back in 2001, the park was crowded as hell, the only rides I rode was Endless Surf, Splash Attack, and the Paradise Lagoon drop slides.

And I missed out on Tampa Typhoon :( . Although speed slides hurt a little, they are fun.

Great TR, I seriously should head back.

[EDIT: Why did AI remove Tampa Typhoon? It wasn't in any other rides' spot nor in Riptides' spot. What gives Busch? A few wedgie complaints!?]
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

Team Alcide!

Postby live2tell75 » Fri May 26, 2006 1:04 pm

^Thanks.

^^It is hard to find the entrance to The Runnaway Rapids. You have to go the same way as if you are going on Wahoo Run. Before Wayhoo Run was built, the entrance was through the flumes splash pool, between the 2 smaller slides on the left and the 3 longer slides on the right. It is a lot more of a pain to get on them now.

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Fri May 26, 2006 2:51 pm

Ok. we need to go down there and have fun at the waterpark. It looks a LOT NICER than I expected.

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive