Photo TR: Warner Bros Movie World (Australia) 18 Dec 2005

Innovative Rides with Great Theming
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Photo TR: Warner Bros Movie World (Australia) 18 Dec 2005

Postby downunder » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:21 pm

In summary, Warner Bros Movie World has three coasters with a fourth almost open. It has some innovative rides with great theming.

The Vekoma SLC is not bad, good first drop, usual head banging, but with a helix section added to the end which puts it above other SLC's.

The Scooby Doo has great theming, and starts out as an exciting ghost train, then you go up an elevator to a indoor wild mouse course, which starts with a backwards drop and then turns around to go through the more traditional wild mouse course.

Wild West Falls is well themed water ride with a big last drop and also a surprise indoor backwards drop during the long themed course.

The Matrix exhibit was OK, and the looney tunes section has some innovative rides. Also some good shows like Police Academy, a copy of of the Shrek 4D from Universal, and lots of other goodies. Superman Escape the Intamin rocket wasn't open yet but it looks awesome.
Picture 038.jpg
Two very good reasons to go to Movie World!
Picture 041.jpg
A Vekoma SLC, but at least it's got a cool helix.
Picture 007.jpg
Police Academy Stunt Show - good fun.
Picture 020.jpg
Entry to the Wild West section of the park
Picture 018.jpg
The final drop on Wild West Falls
Picture 016.jpg
Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster entrance
Picture 021.jpg
Line theming for Scooby Doo
Picture 031.jpg
Me with 3 of the Park caracters, the character on the far left is Wile e Kiwi who chases sheep instead of road runner.
Picture 023.jpg
Intamin goodness coming very soon.
Picture 026.jpg
What will go on inside that building will be sure to impress even the most jaded coaster fans.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:09 pm

I wanted to visit Australia after reading Bill Bryson's In a Sunburned Country. Movie World looks like another good reason.

The Preppy Emo

Postby Blazen_AZN » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:16 pm

so first we get cameltoe tweety, now we get tweety with a buldge!

anway, superman looks to really be a great coaster! too bad ill probably never ride it... but shouldnt it be open by now? i heard december... and its getting kinda late.

Mark "who realized everytime he sees tweety costume, the first thing he looks at is between the legs" W.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby downunder » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:33 pm

Superman is slated to open on Dec 26th at the moment.

Wile e Kiwi in the tweety photo will be one of the people in the first train with people on it on Dec 22, though they have already put back the date twice.

The coaster is working fine and has been for a while but there is a lot of theming that interacts with the ride that they are still working on, I believe.

I love pickles. No more comments neccesary.

Postby USRoadTripper » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:01 pm

Dude! The flume ride looks just like Big Thunder Mountain with the Splash Mountain drop coming out of it!

-Julie
Current coaster count : 223
waterviper [1:08am]: jahan i know you 17 and all but I think your one great piece of ass
arrowfanman [1:36am]: Good...now we have the trifecta of ass-wanting!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby righty » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:23 pm

Go Movie World! It has to be my favourite park on the GoldCoast. And yeah Wild West Falls does kinda look like Big Thunder Mountain... from the front haha. mmm shed. But it does fit in with the theming and it is one of my fav rides at the park. Got to love that surprise backwards drop with the dips then a splash for the people in the back :lol:

Winds up in Drunk in Ditches Throughout the World!

Postby rabid disney » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:29 am

OMG I look so evil in that photo maybe its because I wasnt taking the photo. :wink:

But glad you enjoyed your day at my work dude. :D

_

Postby AznShortBoi8021 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:53 am

Warner Bros Movie World looks way better themed than any other Six Flags park I've seen. The Police Academy Stunt Show looks awesome. You must have had a great time there. Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Winds up in Drunk in Ditches Throughout the World!

Postby rabid disney » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:16 am

^Not owned or never was by Six Flags.

It's been owned since day one back in 1991 by Warner Bros.
:)

_

Postby AznShortBoi8021 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:30 am

Oh, I thought it was owned by Six Flags because of the Warner Bros stuff and the new roller coaster has a Superman theme. I guess I thought wrong.

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive