Busch Gardens Tampa

very good trip!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
The Tsunami!

Busch Gardens Tampa

Postby SuperGreek1562 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:09 pm

Hey everyone! Just got back from Florida! I never want to drive back from Florida ever! haha! 22 hours is just way too much with an annoying uncle! Anyways... the two days at BGT were awesome! The first day was a little crowded. The longest line i believe that we waited it was about 35-40 min for SheiKra. The second day was awesome! The park was barely crowded and the longest we had to wait was about 25 minutes for SheiKra and even less for other rides.

Day 1, 11/25

Got to the park at about 2:00 because my uncles car was having muffler problems and we had to wait for Midas to fix it. Got my Two Fer pass and we headed in. First thing we did was run for SheiKra. Got there and i tried to persuade my other cousin who is 15 to ride it but she wouldn't and went on with my 11 year old cousin. We got in and it was a long line. They were running either 4 or 5 trains so the line was moving very quick. All i have to say about this ride is WOW! It was awesome! 10/10! Next for us was Kumba. Great ride... somewhat of a long line but moved very quick due to 3 train operation. Very smooth but why is it so loud? I thought B&M's were meant to be somewhat quiet? Then we went and rode Gwazi. Tiger first and then Lion. Both very good rides! I liked how Lions lay-out was totally different from Tiger's! After this we went to Montu! Now officially my favorite suspended coaster! I loved every second of it! the themeing was amazing! After this we went back to SheiKra. It was about 5:30 or 6 so the park was starting to empty out. We got on SheiKra twice in a row in the front! Great rides again! Then we rode the log flume over there... forgot the name and I lost my park map. After this we left and went to eat at Carrabba's! BEST FOOD EVER! We were driving by it and i was like what does that name sound familiar and i remember seeing it here on TPR!

Day 2, 11/26
Got to the park at 9 am and went straight for SheiKra. The line started in the station! We got on SheiKra twice in a row again! This made 5 rides on it! After that we ride the log flume again... Stanely Falls something I believe. Then we were walking by Python and i saw my cousin eyeing it. She had barely gone on anything yesterday so I draged her on this... I got a vew deep scratches from it too! Shes always been afraid and i told her she'll never know unless she went on. She agreed and went on. In the end she enjoyed it but still refused to go on anything bigger. The we went and rode Scorpion for her too. She also liked that one. but her younger sister was still calling her a chicken all day cause she wouldn't go on anything bigger haha! The we rode Cheetah Chase twice. After this we went and rode the train from the Staneley Falls staion to the Congo station by Kumba. We then got two more rides on Kumba. Great ride again. After this we went and rode the River rapids. I got drenched! It was nice too cool off though. It was about 1:15 at the time and my uncel was trying to make us leave. I told him we need to ride Montu again before we leave and we were good to leave. The shuttle from out hotel was picking us up at 2pm. Me and my cousin ran to Montu and got two more rides in! it was now 1:45 and we headed to the exit.

All in all Busch Gardens was awesome! I hope to go back there sometime in the future. Now here are some pictures that I took!
PB250134.JPG
A few of Montu's drop from the parking lot.
PB250131.JPG
Pulling into the Busch Gardens parking lot.
<Not too bad for a cell phone pic!

Wii Code: 3365 1059 5042 9007

The Tsunami!

Postby SuperGreek1562 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:17 pm

Here are some more...
PB250199.JPG
On the train
PB250201.JPG
Cheetah Chase!
PB250203.JPG
Kumba going up the lift and through the vertical loop.
PB260206.JPG
Gwazi!

The Tsunami!

Postby SuperGreek1562 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:17 pm

Here are some more...
PB250141.JPG
PB250140.JPG

The Tsunami!

Postby SuperGreek1562 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:23 pm

Here are some more...
PB250141.JPG
SheiKra stopped at the top
PB250140.JPG
SkeiKra's inversion
PB250135.JPG
SheiKra!
PB250145.JPG
Kumba going up the lift hill
PB250146.JPG
Kumba's diving loop
PB250147.JPG
Kumba's Zero-G roll
PB250154.JPG
Montu zooming by!
PB250164.JPG
got to wear the TPR shirt!
PB250171.JPG
MMM Carrabba's!
PB250178.JPG
Scorpions's drop
PB250192.JPG
giraffes!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:26 pm

Awesome! Bonus points for the TPR shirt, double bonus points for a picture of a giraffe, triple bonus points for Carrabba's! :lol:

--Robb

The Tsunami!

Postby SuperGreek1562 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:28 pm

Haha yeah for bonus points! Carrabba's was soooo good! I love my TPR shirt and giraffe's are cool... I was hoping for some donkeys though! haha!

RCT3 at it's best

Postby RCT3Freak » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:39 am

I see you enjoyed your trip, SG1562! What did you like the best about BGT?

~-* :D RCT3Freak :D *-~

Not Everyone In Germany Wears Lederhosen and Eats Sauerkraut

Postby Hattuchili » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:55 am

Nice photo TR, man! I really like the Shaikra pictures! However, that are 3 things I also want to do next year in Florida! 1. Ride Sahikra / 2. Eat at Carrabba's / 3. Wear my TPR shirts there! :wink:

--Sören
--> from good old Germany and back in Orlando!

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:09 am

Very cool, we were at BGT on 11/26/05 as well. It certainly was a very nice day. While there were quite a few cars in the parking lot that day the park just did not seem very crowded. I am glad you had a good time! Oh they made Kumba loud on purpose (they did something special to the track, not sure what exactly). I guess its extra theming.

On the other side of the camera

Postby WillMontu » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:32 am

WTF? When did they turn Scorpion into an Arrow Corkscrew? You lose points for insulting a Schwarzkopf!

Also, Kumba is intentionally loud, and most of the old-school B&M's will have that distinctive roar. Kumba is actually the Congo word for roar.

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive