TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR - Movie World and Dreamworld Australia

thunder001

So over the last week my better half and I deceided to take our kids down to the local theme parks on the Gold Coast today as a surprise. We started the day at Warner Brothers Movie World to check out their new attraction, Shrek 4D.

We arrived just as the park opened and with our new annual passes just walked straight on in. And as we did the kids went nuts as the first person we see is the big Ogre himself...photo time. After this we went and had another look at the new Superman Escape coaster and we found a nice bonus, the first train for the coaster. I can only hope that they change the colour of these trains as the yellow does not look very good at the moment, but when they are on the tracks it might be another matter.

Now on to Dans first rollercoaster ride on The Road Runner Roller Coaster. Now with Mum riding shotgun, as I was on the video camera, I was told that he loved the whole thing and only freaked for about a second on one of the low helix parts of the ride. With this one under his belt, he now tells me that next time he will be riding Scooby Doo.

After riding a couple of the kids rides for our youngest son Jarryd, we ventured onto the new attraction, Shrek 4D. Now while trying not to give too much away for my fellow Aussies who have not yet ridden the ride, the pre-show included such characters as the three little pigs, the Magic Mirror and The Gingerbread Man. This only lasts around 5-10mins before you are allowed into the theatre to enjoy the 3D show with the twist of moving seats, and that is about all I will say as not to spoil it for anyone too much.

With Lethal Weapon out of action today, and not enough time for either Scooby Doo or the Wild West Ride, and with Shrek under our belts it was out of the park to get some lunch and onto part 2 of our big day at the Gold Coast Theme Parks.

1.JPG.0ae9217e86e6045350edb5c8292d9fab.JPG

Our first stop for the day, Warner Brothers Movie World....

2.JPG.be77be940efdb56d94ac5861eb77b971.JPG

The big green ogre was at his new home, and the kids loved it....

3.JPG.577b001c33afeb0f5693a7f26b71af20.JPG

I really hope that they change the colour of the trains, but they might look better on the track....

4.JPG.8eeaf41b672c662c9e217bf7d9a22277.JPG

While Dan can fly, the rest of us will have to wait till December....

5.JPG.bf156c741bf43925d240e4d9278a0fc4.JPG

Dans first coaster, The Road Runner Roller Coaster, starting with a Vekoma the only way is up....

6.JPG.b1fe9a12d22f6b2edfe5dace113449b7.JPG

Donkeys driving taxi's, now that answers a lot of questions....

7.JPG.1b069b4590da77b43607291255f8eb67.JPG

Jarryd required some mobile driving instruction, but not bad for a 3yr old...

8.JPG.8aec99d6c52f1d4e4c62ea8d16ebf375.JPG

And no trip to Movie World is complete without Austin Powers yeah Baby...

Edited by thunder001

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^Photos got mixed up but you live and learn....anyway onto Dreamworld.

With the kids now screaming for food, we decided to get some lunch at Dreamworld. With the annual passes giving us a discount on the food, it was worth the money and found a new eatery within the park that will have us going back for more.

After seeing the parks large male croc, Goliath, have his lunch, we went to try out the parks new area, The Wiggles World. While not much there for the adults, you try getting your kids out of that part of the park without tears. Anyhow the kids loved the new addition to the park, with the Big Red Car ride their fav, we went onto the parks other kids area being Nick Central for a couple more rides for the kids.

Dan turned down the chance of riding the Runaway Reptar Coaster, ("maybe next time Dad"), he still took his little brother on a couple of other rides. So with the kids all done with rides, it was time for Mum and Dad to have a little bit of fun. It was off to the Claw and Wipeout for Dad and to the Cyclone and Tower of Terror for Mum.

After that it was into the car for the half hour trip home, but within 5 mins the kids were out like a light after what was a pretty big day for a couple of Aussie Kids.

p.JPG.8ee6d01af013b359b500b0d6043ef376.JPG

And with all that being said, that was our trip report for this weekend....Cheers.

o.JPG.d9f8f2c80f41497232f277ed441637b9.JPG

And after that big day, there was only one thing left to do....

l.JPG.3b31f8e79a3995b58ac84fc8b7bb320e.JPG

I've seen a friendly beaver, but never a angry one??

n.JPG.c883f65015be9ad117290b25e54d5ea1.JPG

There are no ACE friendly bridges in Dreamworld...

m.JPG.b5c4f0a933369219ccee38d75e015cff.JPG

Ride time for Mum, and the difference is the loops are at the back end of the ride....

k.JPG.3a54430932e6aca66cc886a14acf4972.JPG

Before the Claw, this was my fav ride in the park...

j.JPG.6f6834a9cf08163bf9172f744a5dba28.JPG

Time for Dad to have some fun....

i.JPG.4a3f59240cb6f8ab24d5bb4ea3e1d57d.JPG

Flying Dogs, who's cleaning up the mess.....

h.JPG.41834baf70de522f55755fdf31c605d4.JPG

Jarryd trying to get his horse to win the race....

f.JPG.5001aa283d6e545a961879f0a782af5b.JPG

The boys have a new favorite ride in the park...

c.JPG.283454edf197f564c84a59818aada4f7.JPG

And we weren't the only ones having lunch...

b.JPG.06ab95b6f4c019bdcd515c608e2d5935.JPG

"Happy little vegimites are we", until Wiggles World....

g.JPG.75f1ec1bedd442dbdadf6192d8735c58.JPG

I thought that I was on a diet???

Edited by thunder001

Nice pictures and no doubt you and the family had a great day at the parks. I'll have to make a trip to both parks sometime this week while I'm on holidays and try out Shrek 4D for myself despite my initial complaints. I'm actually happy with the colours for the Superman trains so long as they decorate it a little more - eg. a blue strip along the side and the Superman logo on the front. I think a yellow train on red track with blue supports will look really great. Can't wait for Superman to make its escape in December!

Not really worth the air fare yet. The park has done a good thing for familys with this new area, as they now have areas for people 6months to 90 years old.

The Wiggle World does not take up that much area of the park, with only the Big Red Car Ride as the major attraction. There is a indoor play area for the really little kids, a food shop with a healthy menu, and one of those shops that help your kids empty your wallet quick smart.

If you are planning any trips to Australia with kids, then save your money for another 2 years then come-on down as there will be a lot of new stuff to ride.

Thanks for the replys people and I will be sure to include a couple more pictures of the thrill attractions from the Gold Coast on our next trip....

The Angry Beavers ride is built into a mountain and is just a spinning flat ride, but the type of ride escapes me. Cool for kids, but I dare say you have been on this type of ride plenty of times before.

And the SLC is my fav coaster at the moment, and I normally get one ride on it every trip to the park, but was down for some reason on the weekend. This used to be a very smooth coaster, but is slowly getting the old Vekoma shake....only hope that it does not get to bad....