Day Four: Walibi World
Hey everyone! I'm going to have to make this Trip Report a little shorter than normal as I'm sitting in the Hirshtals Ferry Port and I'm not sure how long I can get a wi-fi connection for!
Here are the highlights from our day at Walibi World:
- Meeting up with at least 20 different people! Wow! We had no idea there were this many Europeans that were bored enough to read our site so much!!!
It was really awesome meeting up with all of you and thanks for putting up with us and our American behavior! You guys showing us around and helping us out made a great day even better!
- Goliath still kicks ass! In fact, I think it's actually better than I remembered it. When we were here in 2002, we remembered it being not so good in the back, but GREAT in the front. This trip is was GREAT in either the front or the back (allthough I think I still prefered the ejector air in the front)
- Robin Hood ALSO still good! We really feared the Vekoma woodies wouldn't hold up. But both this and Loup Garou are holding up better than most CCI woodies.
- Splash Battle - What a wacky looking ride! Imagine something like Roller Soaker, but not a coaster. Looked like a lot of fun.
- First Ever SLC - Dan and Joey got to ride the first ever SLC and we still ask "They made MORE of them after this one?!?!"
- Crowds, or lack thereof. We really feared that Saturday at this park would be PACKED. We were expecting hour long lines and Tom even quoted us from the day before "If we can get two rides on Goliath, we'll be happy." I'd like to report that we got something like 7 or 8, and we could have even gotten more! Lines were non-existant for the first two hours of the day, and no more than 15 minutes for the remainder.
Overall, we really had a fantastic day at this park. Ok, now onto some photos!!!