Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: Apollo von Sol, prozach626 and 45 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Maveshark Team Leader and awesome dude!

Re: The Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterkyle » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:06 am

World famous Pink's gourmet hot dogs are coming to Cedar Point in 2011.

"Yesterday you told us which celebrity you’d like to ride with, today we show you where your celebrity might want to eat this summer at Cedar Point! Here’s your first look at Pink’s, serving world renown gourmet hot dogs and a Hollywood hot spot for more than 71 years." - From Cedar Points Facebook.
pinks.jpg
Rendering of the Pink's stand.

It will be located right behind Toft's Blue barn, and right next to Lotsapalooza at the front of the park.
Credits - 144 Favorites 1.Skyrush 2.Maverick 3. Phoenix

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:15 am

Wonder how that will go with a Midwest audience.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby HappyEisentrout » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:43 pm

I wonder if this will be "franchise" location similar to how you can get Nathan's Hot Dogs at some service plazas on the Ohio Turnpike but they are just their branded dogs on a hot dog cart. The difference between one of those dogs or a pack of Nathan's you buy at the store vs getting an actual dog at Coney Island, is night and day.

I hope that they cook these dogs to the same style that they do in LA. I think it would be cool if they had like statues of celebs in line or something, or put up the framed pictures of celebs on the wall.

I'd still prefer Nathan's though.
2003-2004 - Michigan's Adventure (Games, Shivering Timbers ATL, Wolverine Wildcat, Timber Town Railway)
2005-2009, 2011, 2012 - Cedar Point (Magnum XL-200, Top Thrill Dragster, Thunder Canyon TL, Maverick TL, CP&LE Engine House)

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby coastermaniac » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:22 pm

Even though I haven't ridden Chaos in a few years, it's sad to see it go; it's sad to see most rides go. And if it has to be replaced I'd rather it'd be another ride and not a 3-point shootout.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:46 pm

I'm a hot dog snob and like the idea of having a Pink's at Cedar Point.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coasternut » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:01 am

larrygator wrote:I'm a hot dog snob and like the idea of having a Pink's at Cedar Point.

This is a L.A. thing! :wtf: Now it has become a "Cedar Fair thing." :) They put one in at Knotts last year, and they're always busy.
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby HappyEisentrout » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:30 am

^Yeah it's an L.A. thing. It just makes me wonder how well it will work in Northern Ohio. I'm not sure what Knott's charges for a dog but that will be a major thing here. A simple combo meal at the Chic-Fil-A in the park will run you close to $10, which is way too much. Plus the Pink's location is not really in the best of locations. In fact I think that it will be covering up the major employee entrance to the park.

What I'd really like to see happen here, is not in the park but in town instead. Sandusky has such a capability to be a tourist hotspot. I mean, hell, they gets crazy amounts of people everyday in town. Why can't Cleveland Ave have some mini golf courses, go karts, motion simulators, anything. Instead it has an abandoned old McDonalds that got a sheet metal facade, a closed strip of restaurants, a dollar general, a parking lot that's never used, and a closed hotel or two. Sandusky could become a Wisconsin Dells or Pigeon Forge. The city doesn't need any more indoor water parks, Kalihari has a hold on that in the area, but there is such a need for other things.

Another MAJOR problem is that EVERYTHING (besides Diana's and Steak and Shake) close at 9-10pm. When the park closes at 10, you have tons of guests that may want to get some food before heading out of town but mainly, you have all the employees who want some food and can't get any because every place in town is closed. Places need to stay open later or there need to be more 24 hour joints.

Ok, I'm done ranting. I've never had a pink dog but if it's tasty, then there goes a bunch of money out of my wallet.
2003-2004 - Michigan's Adventure (Games, Shivering Timbers ATL, Wolverine Wildcat, Timber Town Railway)
2005-2009, 2011, 2012 - Cedar Point (Magnum XL-200, Top Thrill Dragster, Thunder Canyon TL, Maverick TL, CP&LE Engine House)

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BigDipper 80 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:51 am

^I do know that there is the one go kart track/ mini golf place near the Sandusky Mall and Great Wolf Lodge on Milan Road, but again, those are a bit out of the way of the main thoroughfare. Even just to clean up the drive from Rye Beach Road out to the park would be nice.

But at the same time, a part of me seems to enjoy the lack of tourist traps along that strip. I enjoy having the park feel like it's in the middle of nowhere as it pops up out of the bay, which is so much different than even Kings Island to the south.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby eddie200330 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:00 am

^ Is that place that was called Sport's City down on 250 still there? When I worked up there we used to frequent that place a lot, as well as Goofy Golf up closer to the park. It had and awesome kart track. If you know where to go, there were quite a few places that were open all night and that is where most of the employees went to eat after a long day. But then again, this was way back in 93.......

Did a little searching....nevermind

http://www.sportcity.com/

http://sanduskygoofygolf.com/index.html
Life is a lemon and I want my money back????

He who farts in church sits in own pew.............

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:27 am

HappyEisentrout wrote:Another MAJOR problem is that EVERYTHING (besides Diana's and Steak and Shake) close at 9-10pm. When the park closes at 10, you have tons of guests that may want to get some food before heading out of town but mainly, you have all the employees who want some food and can't get any because every place in town is closed. Places need to stay open later or there need to be more 24 hour joints.

Taco Bell and Buffalo Wild Wings were always open late the two years I worked at CP. I'm not sure how much of my pay from CP went to those two places, Steak and Shake, and the Subway in the rec center, but it had to be at least 50%. :lol:

PreviousNext