TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

p. 61: Jewels of the Sea Jellyfish Experience coming in 2024!

• 2 weeks later...

30 feet.

I think they're being serious.

It's really weird that they named and themed it to Manta, because I don't think they'd be able to use the "ride the flying ray" slogan on a roller coaster that, well, doesn't fly.

Edited by A.J.

Any rides corporate puts into SWSD are good rides. Yea it's not exactly going to be the most thrilling ride but families will enjoy it which is the important thing. I'm all for it. Whenever I visit SWSD I never find myself being bored.

Not to mention this ride will keep the park's cranky neighbors happy as their skyline will not be affected.

I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of b*thcing going on in this thread.

Just to clarify, while it will only rise 30 feet above ground, the article seems to say it'll have a 54 foot drop into a trench.

54 feet still isn't all that high, but it's better than 30 feet.

Edited by ILoveRides

^^^Nothing they can install would beat Steel Eel. Can't wait to ride that again this summer. A lot of airtime was had on that ride.

Just to clarify, while it will only rise 30 feet above ground, the article seems to say it'll have a 54 foot drop into a trench.

54 feet still isn't all that high, but it's better than 30 feet.

Not to mention the trench will give a heightened sense of speed.

I totally understand if some of you will be dissapointed cause it won*t have any inversions or because of the little height...whatever.

BUT it will be a Mack Laucher...awesome Quality, awesome Restraints, incredibly smooth...which could support the feeling to *fly* over the course. Ideed some people said after riding Blue Fire that it feels alot like flying...just because of the Silence and Smoothness of the ride.

So if that one will be themed well this could still be a great Coaster !

George *Yes...I*m a total Blue Fire fanboy...and probably not objective at all... T.

Edited by GeorgeT

The little bunny hops, turns, and stuff on the ride look fun. I can't believe this is the year that they end up getting a new ride. I've lived in San Diego all my life and I'm moving to College in September.... darn. I guess I'll have to go to Seaworld when I visit home next year.

If the theming will be detailed like Shipwreck Rapids or what's in the concept art, I'm really excited.

I'm saying that's a bit high for a coaster being marketed as family friendly. To compare with another coaster, Millenium Force pulls 4.5 Gs at the bottom of the first drop.

No, it's really not. I just pulled about 3.5 g's of acceleration when I coughed. Seriously.

If I put any amount of thought into it at all, I could probably give you the names of about 50 "family friendly" coasters that pull 4 g's momentarily at some point in their circuit. That's technically good enough to mention in the press release.

As for the description and artwork, I LOVE it.