Movie Park Germany Discussion Thread

P. 35: Mystery River to get a completely new theme
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Movie Park Germany New Ride for 2011

Postby samisthabomb » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:07 pm

Please let this be as cool as it sounds! However, with a height of only 14 meters, I'm not sure...
"The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bulls#%t story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it" - Jordan Belfort

Peace ~ Love ~ Roller Coasters

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Ledgy » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:54 pm

I found this at TAA Industries:
Movie Park Germany: TAA Industries wins “Dark Ride” theming package

TAA won the bidding process and is pleased to theme the new Dark Ride attraction of the 2011 season at Movie Park Germany . For the new Dark Ride TAA will decorate both the interior and exterior of the former Gremlins ride, centrally located in the park. In addition, TAA will theme the exterior facade of the Music Club and new decorative elements in the interior of the restaurant. The new attraction is planned to open in May 2011.

Larry, that was exactly what I thought first ;)

Samisthabomb, like George said, 14m don´t have to be lame. If it´s a launch coaster, it don´t need much height and the smalles Layout for Gerstlauers Spinning Coaster begins at a height of 16 meters, the Bobsled´s layout begins at 15 meters.
Who knows, what they´re planing so far, but I hope they won´t make the same mistake like Alton Towers did with their great merchandising for Th13teen.

By the way, why do they mention Harry Potter? What do you think about that? Is it because of Magic or because of the Coastertype? And what´s about the rest of the discription?

EDIT: The Preview page, listed above, made another video upload:

And they broke into the secret room, where the model of the coaster is located to upload some pictures for us:
01.jpg
http://www.moviepark-preview.de/
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:21 pm

looks interesting, to say the least... didn't someone say it was going to have a Vampire Theme?

Anyway, 14 meters? How high is Revenge Of The Mummy at USH? If I recall, it's shorter than that, and is a great ride...

I have faith in Gertslauer, seeing as Mystery Mine, Curse Of Novorgod and SAW have excellent theming and layouts, don't be so quick to judge them...
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:27 am

Looking at the model track in the second-to-last picture, this appears to be a bobsled or spinner. (Does MPG already have a wild mouse?)

Postby GeorgeT » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:43 am

Yes, they have... ;)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:48 am

the park will make every effort to seduce the amusement park enthusiasts

Sounds like a GREAT ride!!! :lover:

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby HappyEisentrout » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:52 am

I want that model.
2003-2004 - Michigan's Adventure (Games, Shivering Timbers ATL, Wolverine Wildcat, Timber Town Railway)
2005-2009, 2011, 2012 - Cedar Point (Magnum XL-200, Top Thrill Dragster, Thunder Canyon TL, Maverick TL, CP&LE Engine House)

Postby Ledgy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:44 pm

Hey,

the first letter for the name of the attraction is listed on Feb. 01ste at their Twitter Account and on their Facebook page they made a small riddle for that = They want to know the third letter of SpOngebobs name ;)

So, O will be one of the letters of the new attraction. BUT, they tell, that the upcoming letters are not in their correct order!

EDIT:
    - Feb. 02nd: You should count the letters of the attraction "Side Kick" divide them with 2. The 4th letter of this number is the next letter: vieR (german = 4 / four)
    - Feb. 03rd: This day you should search in the section "Wetenswaardigheden" on thier dutch page for the first mentioned english word in a special passage. The first letter will be the next searched letter: Camber of commerce
    - Feb. 04th: They searched the name of an other Spongebob Cartoon: PAtrick Star
    - Feb. 04th: They published a second letter this day without a question: T
    - Feb. 05th: First letter of King Harolds Kingdom in the movei Shrek: Far Far away
    - Feb. 06th: The last letter is published Y

Today in the morning they affirm that one word of the attraction will be: FACTORY

2 more videos are listed at the Movie Park Preview Page: (In video 10 they find a map, which shows something like an old wrecking yard)

and they uploaded new model pictures at the Movie Park Preview Page:
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
Last edited by Ledgy on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:16 am.

Postby Ledgy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:13 am

"Van Helsing´s Factory": is the new name of the attraction

They announced this on their www.moviepark-preview.de-homepage and I found a press release at the www.Ruhrnachrichten.de-page. (all in german)

They mentioned, that this ride will get a theme around vampires and so on and you will take a ride through this area in order to help Van Helsing to find Dracula and defeat him. Nothing new is mentioned besides this about the ride.
VanHelsingsFactory-NEW.gif
www.moviepark-preview.de
01 - Wouter Dekkers und Antje Kurz-Möller freuen sich auf die neue Attraktion im Movie Park. Foto-Jan-Henning Janowitz.jpg
www.ruhrnachrichten.de/lokales/kirchhellen/Movie-Park-praesentiert-spektakulaeres-Fahrgeschaeft;art4249,1180871

My Dumps Smell Like Cantaloupe

Postby The SETGO Guys » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Removed by User
Last edited by The SETGO Guys on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:31 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!