TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

^Make that four locations for Catapult in BGW.

First location - indoors in Hastings where the Sesame Street dinner theater is now in Killarney.

Second location - Festa Italia in the games tent from when that section opened in 1988 until around 93/94.

Third location - Oktoberfest.

Fourth - New home this year in the old Canadian Pavilion in New France.

^Pass Member Preview day is Saturday, March 19.

So If I have a Platinum Pass I can go, correct? Or do I need a special invite? I don't receive any e-mails, newsletters, or updates about these sort of things so I'm a little ignorant on this kind of stuff.

Protip: sometimes, the old, old entrance/staff entrance off of Route 60 will have someone staffed there, and if you have a Platinum Pass or are willing to pay for preferred parking in England, it's a safe bet. I never had to try it last year, so I don't know if that closing was a trickle-down from ownership change.

Protip: sometimes, the old, old entrance/staff entrance off of Route 60 will have someone staffed there, and if you have a Platinum Pass or are willing to pay for preferred parking in England, it's a safe bet. I never had to try it last year, so I don't know if that closing was a trickle-down from ownership change.

I wouldn't recommend doing this. The old entrance is meant for staff and tour buses (they also use it for media days), and I doubt the park would look kindly on others trying to use it.

^I wouldn't recommend it either.

There is usually one person checking staff/employee ID's and another for bus parking. And many times just one person doing both.

They don't need a bunch of passholders thinking they have the privilege to use that entrance. That could end up being a traffic gridlock on busy days preventing key employees from getting to work. I have a friend that worked there the past two years that I've given rides to work and that one gate can get busy just for employees, especially around park opening.

I wouldn't recommend doing this. The old entrance is meant for staff and tour buses (they also use it for media days), and I doubt the park would look kindly on others trying to use it.

Agreed.

^Yes, all you need is your pass.

Now if the weather is nice that day be sure to get there EARLY! The parking lot entrance can get gridlocked all the way up the ramp to I-64.

On pass member preview day or just some Saturdays? That's some "special" if that's the case ;( ... but then I think Opening Sunday was bad enough in 2009 that I didn't go back until August ...

^I'm not sure what you mean by "That's some 'special.'" If you get there before opening, you'll be fine. And, yes, if you wait until, say, noon on a Saturday, you'll probably encounter the parking-lot traffic jam.