WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 177: Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge officially opens on 8/29/19
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
TPR Game Exchange Moderator and RCT/RCT2 hacker

Re: Star Tours "The Adventures Continue" Announced!

Postby djbrcace1234 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:52 pm

Rex was the capitan for 20 years, so I ^agree^ very much with your point. Rex is now an icon for that ride, so even the propse ace droid would have been just as good as rex, but C-3po? I'm not sure about it, either.
Fry: Uh, is there a human doctor around?
Dr. Zoidberg: Young lady, I am an expert on humans. Now pick a mouth, open it and say "brglgrglgrrr"!

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:38 am

Im scared, but optimistic. I do love Rex, and he will always be the captain, but mission 2 would not work with "its my first flight" anymore if you think of it. Honestly this is Disney were talking about people, remember all those who were unimpressed with Mania who are now singing it's praises. Remember those Worlds of Color doubters who now rave about the show? I think we have to give Disney the benefit of the doubt on this ride. How stoked will you all be when your second and third rides are nothing at all like your first ride. Honestly I think this ride(as a whole) is an entirely brilliant concept! The reride value skyrockets when you don't know what your next ride will hold for you. Rex will always be the captain to me, but its time for a breath of fresh air in my opinion.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:08 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:AM I the only one that is really not excited at all about the updated version of Star Tours? I mean unless they are able to really improve the ride system, then its just gonna be a crappy simulator with a new video. I wish they would have just gutted the building and attempted to make some kind of unique dark ride attraction.

Same.

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:38 am

I don't really care about who pilots your Starspeeder. When are they going to release the information that everyone REALLY cares about? Are we going to see the black lady return to the preshow video?!?!?!
47406_1467153074273_1096920177_31334756_2419306_n.jpg
Will we be seeing an updated hair style??

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:43 am

^ Excellent point. Lucas really needs to address this!

Full Fledged Great America Enthusiast!

Postby Sunfire » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:04 pm

It would be nice if the nice black lady would return. You gotta love her 80's Star Wars haircut!

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:13 pm

I know about as much about Star Wars as I do Harry Potter. All I know is that Star Tours really sucked, and the Forbidden Journey was pretty much awesome. I hope this new Star Tours is better, and they totally keep the lady with the rad hairstyle - all they have to do is change her to HD.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:37 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/02/george-lucas-visits-star-tours-at-disneyland-park/

It was a big day for Star Tours recently, as Star Wars creator George Lucas, joined by producer Rick McCallum, paid a visit to Disneyland Park to take a few test rides on the attraction with our Walt Disney Imagineering team. After experiencing adventures to several of the Star Wars worlds aboard the Starspeeder 1000, George and Rick gave the team a big thumbs up on their progress. George even took a moment to pose with the Audio-Animatronics figure of C-3PO in the Starspeeder cockpit!

Stay tuned for more Star Tours updates.
gll384543LARGE.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:42 pm

^^ I didnt think of that... she should be the captain.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:45 pm

Hercules wrote:I know about as much about Star Wars as I do Harry Potter. All I know is that Star Tours really sucked, and the Forbidden Journey was pretty much awesome. I hope this new Star Tours is better, and they totally keep the lady with the rad hairstyle - all they have to do is change her to HD.

Well, to be fair, the two attractions did open about 23 years apart. I'm not really a fan of either ride, but at least Star Tours is still better than any other "sit in a chair and shake you around while you watch a movie" stationary simulator ride.

That technology later evolved into what is Indy, Spiderman, and now Forbidden Journey.

I wouldn't expect many technology advancements with this new Star Tours. It's the same ride system.

--Robb

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!