TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^Yeah, there isn't much in that area anyways and usually is empty. The most crowded I ever see that area is during Halloweekends because of fortune telling and overflow from Erie Estate.

The part near Wicked Twister and Disaster Transport, however, is usually pretty crowded. The only things really between those two sections are Kiddy Kingdom, Planet Snoopy, Chaos (gone), and the Sports Stadium.

I bet people will get confused as to which tower is Windseeker and which is Space Spiral. If that happens, the area around Space Spiral will be really clogged up during busy days.

Also, that picture got me really excited. Time to start counting down days till opening day! (and the NBA Draft )

I bet people will get confused as to which tower is Windseeker and which is Space Spiral. If that happens, the area around Space Spiral will be really clogged up during busy days.

Wow, I can see that happening. As it is, people would come up to Space Spiral and ask if it is a drop ride....

It's much cheaper, and just as nice to stay at one of the many hotels down the street. The only thing that the on property hotels have going for them is just that....on property.

Besides that, do you really plan on spending much time in the room?

We have stayed at the on property hotels a few times, and found them to be overpriced for what they have to offer. As a matter of fact, the only park that it is worth wild to stay onsite is Disneyworld. And even the rooms at Disney are half the price of a room on cedar point property.

We stayed at pop century resort at Disney last year for $79 a night.

There are several hotels just down the street from cedar point that have good rates and the rooms are just as nice/nicer. Here are a few....

http://tinyurl.com/4ocowgo

http://www.knightsinn.com/KnightsInn/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=14647

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/selectHotel.do?iata=00158210

These are just 3 places that we have stayed at that are nice. I hope this helps you out and saves you a few bucks.

As a matter of fact, the only park that it is worth wild to stay onsite is Disneyworld.

Actually, I think Universal is definitely worth it to stay on-site also. I'm sure there are plenty more out there also.

Anyway, it depends what you want. If you're willing to shell out the extra few bucks for the convenience and early entry, then go for it. If not, then there are some cheaper options outside the park, as stated.

As a matter of fact, the only park that it is worth wild to stay onsite is Disneyworld.

Actually, I think Universal is definitely worth it to stay on-site also. I'm sure there are plenty more out there also.

Anyway, it depends what you want. If you're willing to shell out the extra few bucks for the convenience and early entry, then go for it. If not, then there are some cheaper options outside the park, as stated.

We have been wanting to stay at universal...hear it's nice.

As far as shelling out the extra cash for cedarpoints rooms, it's not worth it to us. The early entry thing is really void because we have season passes that get us into the park early anyways. As far as convenience, the room cost's over $100 more a night than a room down the street. I will keep my $100 and make the 5 min drive. Again, this is just what "we" do.

Do you know how many ice bats and domos $100 can buy?

Btw...this is my 1000 post.

Yeah, that wouldn't apply to someone in your situation. When I said "it depends what you want," I meant the person who was originally asking the question.

And Universal is really nice! They have some great on-site hotels with awesome perks! I stayed at the Loews Royal Pacific. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

^Probably not. You'll be getting ert anyway so what's an extra hour in the morning? There are plenty of decent hotels in Sandusky. You could probably even find one downtown, it's really not that far at all from the park. 10 minute drive tops.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. I say save yourself the money and stay elsewhere.

Staying at Cedar Point is very convenient though...

First you don't have to worry about driving/parking lots, second it's great to head back to an air conditioned room during the middle of the day and recharge the batteries, third it makes things a lot simpler at the end of the day. Sure you are paying more, but I have always found staying on property to be pretty enjoyable and give the trip that "vacation" feel.

^^I can't tell but it wouldn't be a bad idea. The one behind Toft's never gets any attention compared to the one near the train crossing. It would also probably reduce the number of people that watch the one near the train crossing. With the food place and all of the tables right next to it, it is pretty hard to get around. That area is usually sooo crowded during busy days.

If you zoom way in to about 300% you can see what does appear to be a 3 point set up. It will be a better location for that game no doubt, but I would rather see a ride go there. I have a thing about rides being replaced by non rides. Maybe I'm greedy. haha

I'm never happy to see a Chaos go. These things were everywhere and then the MiA incident and no one seems to want them anymore. I'm not much of a fan of flat rides, even ask ^Greg^, but I'll never turn down a ride on a Chaos. It's sad to see it go and I was upset when I saw it gone when I just took pictures of the park.

^Everything I've ever heard about Chaos rides is that they are giant heaps of doo doo. In fact, a park I once worked at was looking into getting a new ride. Upon hearing that a Chaos ride was up for sale, the operations manager inquired about the ride to the general manager. The GM's response, "Hell no I'm not buying one of those pieces of sh*t." True story.

They can't disappear soon enough.