Lena's Mix of trips!

Florida updates from 2009 continued...pg 9 BGT
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Pubic hair eating champion of the world!

Location: Planet Earth...which I *think* is somewhere in the Universe

Re: Lena's Mix of trips 1993 to 2010

Postby mightbeawannabe » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:08 pm

Your TRs are great and you can see the progression throughout the thread! I like how you always kind of post pics like a story that you can actually follow. You need to do the biggest rides if you don't already. You could get some great on-ride angles if you timed it carefully!
P.S.-Coyote. That's how you spell it =)
Hi. I'm a signature. You were looking for the guy right above me. Everyone thinks he's more important...sob...he says he's Postal or something like that.

People must really like their mail.

Meep Meep!

Postby Lenaapple1974 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:30 pm

Thanks guys. Taking pics at theme parks is just so much harder than my normal photography. I mean, I shoot weddings and other events, and then of course family and friends for fun. I would post that here but you all would be bored with things and people you do not know. :) I notice I tend to rush into things at theme parks... and snap snap snap. I am trying to slow down and look at things more now. I have been trying to change my perspective, and get more into details. The thing with the pics of people on the coasters, I always seem to have weather that casts shadows where you cannot see people's faces. I never stick around long enough because I am always on the go to find other angles either. Maybe when I get to IOA next year... I am hitting up SFNE though, so I hope to possibly get some good Bizarro pics. I HOPE!

OK, one more update for today. Next up was Sea World. I checked out every park's schedule for fireworks, it was the 4th of July after all. SeaWorld seemed to have the most promising out of the parks we were going to. We found a spot early on to make sure we had something to lean on. This firework show didn't have anything spectacular to my dismay. Next year I shall be in the Magic Kingdom watching the fireworks there. (Is it still called Wishes?). That show was ten times better.

Being this was just over a year ago, I am having a little bit of trouble trying to find any words to go with the pictures, but it doesn't seem right to not write anything about the day. Let's see what memories I can dig up...

The lines were again, short. Manta had about a 20-25 minute wait. The queue was great, but you all know that already. There were six of us that had to ride, so we had to get split up. The ride op immediately was like... back row, how many? I heard about the grey outs in the back row, so I gave everyone the chance to grab it. Why did they all look nervous about that seating? OH, yes. I opened my mouth on the queue. So I took it. Turns out that it was awesome. No grey outs. I wanted to ride again, but never got the chance to get back on it. Kraken was almost walk on. Of course, we saw the shows. Blue Horizons just was not my cup of tea. I liked the old show so much better. And finally, Believe. Dawn Brancheau performed in this show, as well as Tilikum. You can see in the pictures just how much she loved being with the whales.

SeaWorld definitely remains one of my favorite parks to visit, and I will visit every time I get to Orlando. (Especially with the 2 year Platinum passes I got for BGE!)

Now, on to the pictures!!!
FlDay3 009 [800x600].jpg
Definitely the coolest signage.
FlDay3 013 - Copy [800x600].jpg
I see you Manta! This definitely is no parking lot coaster.
FlDay3 017 [800x600].jpg
Naturally we walked directly to Manta upon entering the park.
FlDay3 023 [800x600].jpg
Are we still playing the Kraken game?
FlDay3 030 [800x600].jpg
The whales never cease to amaze me.
FlDay3 078 - Copy [800x600].jpg
FlDay3 057 - Copy [800x600].jpg
FlDay3 120 [800x600].jpg
FlDay3 136 - Copy [800x600].jpg
RIP Dawn Brancheau
FlDay3 144 [800x600].jpg
FlDay3 175 [800x600].jpg
Tilikum
FlDay3 246 [800x600].jpg
FlDay3 260 - Copy [800x600].jpg
Be vewy vewy quiet. I'm hunting shawks.
FlDay3 261 [800x600].jpg
FlDay3 288 [800x600].jpg
The males give birth... :D
FlDay3 308 - Copy [800x600].jpg
FlDay3 320 [800x600].jpg
FlDay3 332 [800x600].jpg
This tells you what is in the tank below
FlDay3 333 [800x600].jpg
FlDay3 346 - Copy [800x600].jpg
More Manta
FlDay3 356 [800x600].jpg
FlDay3 379 - Copy [800x600].jpg
Standard shot much?
FlDay3 387 [800x600].jpg
FlDay3 394 [800x600].jpg
FlDay3 398 - Copy [800x600].jpg
We didn't ride. Should have.
FlDay3 409 [800x600].jpg
FlDay3 425 [800x600].jpg
I failed at getting a clear train splashdown. Maybe next time!
FlDay3 431 [800x600].jpg
FlDay3 484 [800x600].jpg
This was great... The mother was feeding the baby. She saw another coming into her "pool". She did not like that one bit and went after him leaving her baby....
FlDay3 490 [800x600].jpg
She was SCREAMING at him
FlDay3 500 [800x600].jpg
And there is the baby..."but mama, I'm hungry!!!!"
FlDay3 506 [800x600].jpg
He tried to follow her but she seemed to get mad at him and pushed him back
FlDay3 699 [800x600].jpg
And finally, some fireworks to end the night
FlDay3 723 [800x600].jpg
FlDay3 754 [800x600].jpg
FlDay3 786 [800x600].jpg
Coaster Count - OMG...I completely lost count... How do you all do it?
Man, I really need to update my Photo TR from last year!! >:O
2012 - SoCal and everything I can cram into the week!
2013 - Back to Orlando!

Team Alcide!

Postby live2tell75 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:11 pm

Lena, awesome job! You got some great shots. The whale photos are beautiful and the shots of Dawn are a nice memory of her. I really love Sea World Orlando, I think it has come along way since I was kid, a really world class park. Love your trip reports, keep up the good work! :)

Meep Meep!

Postby Lenaapple1974 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:29 am

Thanks Eric. :) It is much different than posting on FB! I usually don't put stories up with it. lol. Slap the pics up and voila! I mean, how many albums have I posted there since the last "installment" here!? :lmao:

I love SeaWorld. I will always go back. There is so much to do, and photograph! :D I have sooo many shots of the whales (and fireworks)! It was hard picking only a few so I do not keep everyone bored. I also have New Horizon pics, but just couldn't bear to even go through them at the moment because I didn't like the show. This time out, I actually caught the Clyde & Seymour show where they make fun of the other shows. It was pretty funny. (If anyone wants to see that let me know...same with New Horizons)
2013 - Back to Orlando!

Meep Meep!

Re: Lena's Mix of trips!

Postby Lenaapple1974 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:28 pm

Hello all!

Time for another installment of my Florida trip from 2009. I almost feel it is obsolete now, especially since I started to take pictures a little differently over the last year, but to get to the parks I went to in 2010 - and will be going to in 2011, I must get through this trip first. For this year, I hope to show my improvements in my photos. I want to try and get the details. I have been able to keep to this in my every day photography, but alas, when I get to the parks, I still find myself speeding through to get the pictures of everything. I want to slow down, and take it ALL in. Let's see if I can do that. But first...let's get to the next update.

Universal Studios. It is July 5th, 2009. My brother, and daughter Ameilia went with me. My husband does not really like this park. I guess to him once you have been on Jaws, that is it. My son sides with my husband! We went there the previous year though - so he did not feel the urge. It was a pretty nice day, although hot. Did I say hot? I meant HOT! Crowds were at a bare minimum. Now if only HRRR was open...BUT NO, IT WAS NOT! Not even testing. No love for Lena.

On to the photos! This trip I tried to capture things in a broader way. I went into it saying, let's get the "streets", the signs, things like that. Looking back, I wish I went for more details - but hey, that means I go back sooner rather than later! ;) We will be going back this year armed with the newer camera & lens (Nikon D90). I used my Nikon D40x with my kit lens (18-135mm) for most of the shots above.

Next up: Aquatica, BGT and more USO!
Further down the line: CP, KD, BGE & SFGAdv
Image_1.jpg
Image_2.jpg
Image_3.jpg
Image_4.jpg
No love for Lena! HRRR was NOT testing. Damn Ring-a-ding-dingy-dings
Image_5.jpg
Back when the trains on site were big news
Image_6.jpg
Image_7.jpg
Construction walls down, epic fail - fixed!
Image_8.jpg
Image_9.jpg
Image_10.jpg
Image_11.jpg
Image_12.jpg
Twister queue - no lines, no waiting!
Image_13.jpg
Upshot
Image_14.jpg
Image_15.jpg
Image_16.jpg
Image_19.jpg
No flash, perfect timing for the attraction lighting
Image_20.jpg
Image_21.jpg
Image_22.jpg
Image_23.jpg
Image_24.jpg
Image_25.jpg
Since Madonna's Bad Girl video, Christopher Walken is just a very creepy man to me. (Since 1993 for those who don't know)
Image_26.jpg
Image_27.jpg
Image_28.jpg
Image_29.jpg
Image_30.jpg
Everyone in the park must be on the Jaws line!
Image_31.jpg
Image_32.jpg
Image_33.jpg
Image_34.jpg
Image_36.jpg
MIB didn't even have a line!
Image_37.jpg
Image_38.jpg
Negative on the lines!
Image_39.jpg
Image_40.jpg
Image_41.jpg
Image_42.jpg
E.T. - no lines!
I almost feel that this will be the next attraction to go. I never see a line here. So it is a must ride every time I go back.
Image_43.jpg
Image_44.jpg
Image_45.jpg
Image_46.jpg
After E.T. we had to go, but finished the park a few days later.
Image_47.jpg
Our BBQ area, close to water...and a lovely sign!
Image_48.jpg
Some sky
2013 - Back to Orlando!

Team Alcide!

Postby live2tell75 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:33 pm

Awesome job as always Lena! Great shot in Twister. Bad Girl is one of my least favorite songs, but one of my favorite M videos! I've always found Christopher Walken creepy, but I love him! He was cool in the music video and the Disaster attraction. For all the non-M freaks out there that have no idea what we are talking about, here is the video in reference. Cira early 90's/Sex book Madonna. :)

Meep Meep!

Postby Lenaapple1974 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:17 am

Eric, Really? What is your favorite "era" then? I love that song. I so wish for her to do that live ...on tour. My favorite was when she did it on SNL. Who knows when the next album will come though. OH! Forgot to mention I finally got GA tix for Gaga! YAY!!!! :lmao: For April, so we won't be seeing her in the Garden, but it will be warmer for the "wait".

Hmmm... USO done. Next is.... Aquatica! :)

My first impression of this place is that it is "pretty". SeaWorld-esque, of course. But then it feels incomplete. Things did not seem close enough together. I felt more annoyed navigating from ride to ride. Most of us just ended up in the lazy river, and then the rapids. This was super fun though. We spent most of our time in there actually. I cannot remember the name of it... too lazy to look it up too. There was this guy who was in there. I was watching him as we circled around. He would stand up, and take both of his hands and smash them into the water - palm down. He did this a few times to the life guards. Led me to believe he knew them, or even worked there. They said nothing to him. Then he was coming my way, and just as he had his hands up to me...my husband turned to him...stood up and told him to go ahead and try it. He looked at him...like he had no clue. UM REALLY? Had the nerve to say he wasn't doing anything. Right. We pretty much left after that. It was a short day. The day we go to a water park always ends up being short. The water just wears me out. I love that we rented a villa. We BBQ every day, instead of spending money on eating out. I just hate eating out. For July, I have rented a house. I cannot wait! (Sorry if that sentiment is a bit redundant! :br )
Pics aren't all that from here. I just wanted to capture what the place looked like.

P.S. Christopher Walken = CrEEpy!! EEK!

Next up: Busch Gardens Tampa
Image_1.jpg
Getting ready to go, we saw this little guy. Tiny is not the word! :)
Image_2.jpg
signage
Image_3.jpg
pay for parking... (not this year, thanks to my platinum pass!)
Image_4.jpg
SeaWorld always has nice landscaping
Image_5.jpg
Image_6.jpg
Image_9.jpg
It is still slightly overcast
Image_12.jpg
Image_13.jpg
Image_14.jpg
Image_15.jpg
Come back at 4pm for something cool :)
Image_16.jpg
The lines were a little long...
Image_17.jpg
Image_18.jpg
How do you get there?
Image_19.jpg
Nope, not this way!
Image_20.jpg
Ahhh...here we go.
Image_21.jpg
Ameilia says - 'PEACE'
Image_22.jpg
Image_23.jpg
Image_24.jpg
Empty seats
Image_25.jpg
Did you know they swim upside down?
Image_26.jpg
Image_27.jpg
ToPsY TuRvY!
Image_28.jpg
last years prices
Image_29.jpg
I never even made it to this one
Image_30.jpg
And off he goes! :) This river was THE BOMB!
Image_31.jpg
And there he is...that dude... bottom right corner. His back is to the camera...I wasn't trying to capture him. I was taking a pic of the river... but there he is splashing away!
2013 - Back to Orlando!

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby ericm95 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:43 am

I love your photos! Seeing them really wants me to get back to Florida!

My transgendered dreams have come true!!!

Postby Mr. Starr » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:24 pm

I'm a little late here, but I just read the first few pages and wanted to say thanks for posting all of them! I used to live in Orlando when I was about 4 years old, and seeing the SeaWorld, WDW, and USO pictures REALLY brought back some awesome memories! =)

Keep up the awesome TRs!

nathan c stark is a bunghole

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Lamoure » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:22 pm

Great Pics !! Love that Manta Pics !!!!! :lover:
deadmau5

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!