TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ocean Park Discussion Thread

^I noticed the lack of pre-drops too, which is a bit of a loss imo, they were great for faking out first time riders!

Also, I love your signature!

IIRC the pre-drop's functioning purpose was for the train to disengage the chain lift. They've since found ways around it, and I think their rides are less exciting as a result.

The lack of the little "kicker" at the top of the lift is a bummer. They really added to a first drop. In some cases I think it was a rides saving grace. Take away the first drop on Raging Bull (one of the best anywhere I'd say), and you're left with mediocrity. I'd imagine a kicker taken by a second-gen hyper train would manage to somehow turn out even better than that. The lack of this element on their newer coasters definitely tempers my excitement for their future installations.

OK, now I'm confused. Does this mean the yellow one will be a floorless instead of a stand-up? Or was the floorless a different coaster than that yellow one?

I am confused too. Is this a stand up or floorless???????

It seems as though it will be a floorless

Wait, why am I sad about that? It still looks pretty awesome!

There is a site that has some artwork showing some of the projects for Ocean Park, including this Floorless, which I believe is being called "Hair Raiser". When I saw the name on Screamscape, I thought it was a bit odd, but then I saw the artwork for the entrance, and it has this cool "Old Coney Island" look to it, and makes the name seem more fitting.

Here is the link: Ocean Park Artwork

Looks cool to me

It seems an odd choice to me. They already have Dragon which is a standard sitdown ride and the floorless dive machine at Chimelong isn't that far away.

Although I'm not massively surprised its not a stand-up, It seems there may have been better options than a floorless, Unless the plan is Dragon will bite the dust sooner rather than later.