TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Excellent, I will look forward to riding Gwazi again when I visit BGT in May, I did think the last time I went(3 years ago) it was getting rather on the rough side, and I could tell people coming off was'nt too impressed either, No wonder there was never a queue for it

I was at Busch Gardens today and they were testing BOTH sides of Gwazi this afternoon. Tiger's train is blue/teal. Lion's train is yellow. I was able to snap the following photos...

100_0858.jpg.96321d7f72a22444a406b279e2f24344.jpg

Tiger on the lift hill

100_0859.jpg.8441b9af9d1669a359f1af9a805a1362.jpg

Lion (it came by before I was ready with the camera)

100_0860.jpg.26f4ce5fc2bde66f495e5fb7e2735f4b.jpg

Tiger

Edited by robbalvey

I got some strange looks form people when I got all excited when I saw them testing the new trains and snapping pics.

One couple asked me what was going on, so I told them and they said, "You must work here, right?" HA! Nope. I'm just an AP holding coaster nerd.

I'm moving out of my apartment back to college tomorrow. As I was packing tonight, I picked up my copy of Scott Rutherford's The American Roller Coaster and started flipping through it. I was looking for a picture of Hersheypark's Comet, but what I found was really timely and ironic considering the recent addition of GCI Millennium Flyers to Gwazi. I think Mr. Rutherford may want to pursue a career in predicting the future.

CC.jpg.b33e4ac311768c4253721058ae1c267c.jpg

together at last

I hope they keep the trains without a grid type thing in the front, I'd love to ride just hanging over the front like that.

Also, while I know Millenium Flyers allow for better maneuvering and altogether a better ride, some rides with them seem a bit harsh with every seat being a wheel seat, where at least with PTC's, the first row of each car has your arse over the center. So hopefully the ride has been smoothed out, and then these will help keep it smoothed. Looking forward to riding it hopefully in the fall.

I hope they keep the trains without a grid type thing in the front, I'd love to ride just hanging over the front like that.

Me too, though it may be too much to hope for.

I think I'm alone on this, but MF railings actually kind of creep me out. Don't ask why.

I'm pretty sure the banister is a requirement of the MF trains. For safety reasons and I'm sure somewhat for aesthetics.

BGT is gonna have a great year with these new trains and Cheetah Chase.

Yeah those Wild Mouse coasters are great aren't they!

This is a pleasant ad-on to Cheetah Hunt. I am likely not going to get on this till Cheetah Hunt opens though. Hopefully I can get short line as everybody will be at Cheetah Hunt.