Free DVD Giveaway Contest!

Chance to win a Brand New TPR DVD!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Free DVD Giveaway Contest!

Postby ernierocker » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:21 pm

Hey guys,

The Santa Elves were good to me this Christmas and I have gotten my hands on some extra copies of Coaster Expedition Vol. 14 and Roller Coasters In The Raw Vol. 5!!! What does that mean for you?? A chance to win them of course!!

There will be a series of four contests over the next couple of months where the winner can win one of these Brand New DVDS!!

Here's how this will work:

If you can guess what roller coaster I am thinking of, you can win your choice of either DVD!!

I will post photographs, one at a time, that will be a clue towards the coaster's identity. Each photograph could be a clue to either the coaster's name, location, manufacturer, type of coaster, or a feature/element of the coaster. I will then reward points to each person that comes the closest to guessing how each clue points to the coaster. Therefore, even if you do not get the final answer correct, you can still win!

**MOST IMPORTANT RULE!!** YOU CAN NOT WIN BY SIMPLY BLURTING OUT THE NAME OF ROLLER COASTERS. You will need to explain what about each clue made you are think of it. It is also okay to guess which country, park, manufacturer, etc. you think the coaster is. This is how you get points!!!

Like the scavenger hunt game over the holidays, the more questions you ask me, the more clues I may give you!

Here is the first clue:
Clue #1.jpg
What could this mean???
Last edited by ernierocker on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:36 pm.

My Dumps Smell Like Cantaloupe

Re: Free DVD Giveaway Contest!

Postby The SETGO Guys » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:30 pm

Rockin Roller Coaster at Disneys Hollywood Studios

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby spikedudej » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:32 pm

Time Machine (Led Zeppelin: The Ride) at Freestyle Music Park (Hard Rock Park) because of the record-possibly referring to rock and roll.
Last edited by spikedudej on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:43 pm.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby CoasterWeasel » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:33 pm

A broken record which could mean Formula Rossa which broke the speed record a few months back.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/b3014472c6c563e07183e709f16e4833.jpg[/img][/url]

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:34 pm

Hmmmm...well, theres the expression about broken records and saying something over and over, so that leads me to think three things:
1. The ride features the same element multiple times.
2. It's a very common ride found in many parks.
3. It's a B&M since it's been said that they're coasters are all very similar or repetitive.

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Going to the previously explained broken record theory, I'm going to go with Kingda Ka, as it broke the record for height. Probably too easy of an answer though.

Postby ernierocker » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:39 pm

CoasterWeasel wrote:A broken record which could mean Formula Rossa which broke the speed record a few months back.

It did break a record didn't it! ;)

My Dumps Smell Like Cantaloupe

Postby The SETGO Guys » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:40 pm

Removed by user
Last edited by The SETGO Guys on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:58 am.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby crazydaveh » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:41 pm

I'm going with Superman the Escape at SFMM. It was first to "break the record" of 400 ft (415) and it's in your backyard.
Beer... It helps coasters go higher and faster!

Dave

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/78611756e2677af30ecbe7f169e00926.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/32a684dcd0f18289ee3e5a31292b8f5a.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby ernierocker » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:42 pm

I just looked in my backyard, and I see no Intamins back there!! Remember, I don't live in Robb's basement. :p

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!