TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/11/pooh-attraction-shop-reopen-at-walt-disney-world/

If you’re visiting Magic Kingdom Park this week, you’ll be the first to see a series of new enhancements to The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. The changes begin with a re-designed load area and a re-imagined gift shop called Hundred Acre Goods specializing in apparel, toys, plush characters and collectibles featuring Pooh and his friends.

Also this week, the attraction entrance will be temporarily relocated to the FASTPASS return lane while enhancements continue on several interactive elements being added to the queue. And beginning Thanksgiving week, young guests will start their adventure through the Hundred Acre Wood by jumping with Tigger, crawling through Eeyore’s house and playing in Rabbit’s garden before they board the attraction. And there’s more to come, with new elements debuting throughout the next month.

These enhancements will have a temporary impact on FASTPASS distribution which will not be available until the enhanced queue opens. Soon, we’ll resume FASTPASS distribution for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh at Mickey’s PhilharMagic where it will remain during Fantasyland’s expansion.

poo584324LARGE.jpg.7d029a9889e024974989897e5cb3c800.jpg

Ugh, I can't believe I'm about to say this.... but looks like I'll have to take a trip over to Magic Kingdom sometime soon to check out Pooh.

Personally, I'm more interested to see what's going on with the Haunted Mansion's queue... but seeing as I haven't done Pooh in years I guess it won't kill me to give it a go.

The walls were down a couple days ago, but had bushes blocking the entrances so the kids couldn't play on anything. Overall, it looked interesting, but not much there for 50 kids in line. It all seemed to be close to the entrance and not much past the first little bit. It looks much better and anything is a welcome addition to entertain the kids. We forgot the camera at the house, so no pictures to post.

It looks pretty much like the drawing. The tree right by the entrance, the Tigger bounce spot by the first curve, and a larger garden area across the fence (coming back from Tigger) with different items. I don't recall the second tree on the right. Between the fence and the log on the right is the fastpass entrance.

• 3 weeks later...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/12/new-fantasyland-expansion-update/

As many of you know, we’re in the midst of the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history, which will nearly double the size of Fantasyland. In order to make way for this transformation, it’s important to let you know Mickey’s Toontown Fair will close in early February.

That doesn’t mean we’ve forgotten about some of your favorite characters. Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and the Disney princesses will move to Town Square in the location currently known as Town Square Exposition Hall in spring 2011. Until that location is ready, they will continue to greet guests throughout Magic Kingdom. Meanwhile, Tinker Bell will relocate to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and her other fairy friends will appear later in the spring at Epcot. The Walt Disney World Railroad will stay open, but the Toontown station will remain closed during construction.

We hope you will pardon our dust as work progresses and if you’d like to experience Mickey’s Toontown Fair, you’ll have until Feb. 11 to make those plans. Remember, there are still many other entertainment experiences throughout Magic Kingdom to delight everyone in the family.

Fantasyland construction will be completed in phases with most new experiences open by 2013. This expansion is particularly exciting because it will enable us to share treasured stories with you in a whole new way. We’ll share more with you here as our work progresses.

mtt019120LARGE.jpg.5f086e71ee913ff144f10394cb21444f.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/01/designers-burgers-are-a-hit/

We love to tell the story of Walt Disney World cuisine being so much more than hot dogs and hamburgers, but when you want a burger, well, you want a burger. The Walt Disney World chefs have kicked it up with nearly a dozen satisfying “designer burgers” that take buns to new heights.

All of the new sandwiches start with a 1/3 pound Angus burger (you might consider sharing). In the Magic Kingdom Park, try one at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe topped with Cheddar cheese, guacamole and bacon. At Epcot, Liberty Inn features two: a veggie burger with Monterey Jack cheese, avocado, tomato and lettuce; and a second topped with smoked ham, bacon, smoked Gouda cheese, red onion, tomato, pickle, lettuce and mustard aioli sauce. Also at Epcot, the Electric Umbrella is serving the mushroom-blue burger with sautéed mushrooms, bacon, blue cheese, fried onion straws, lettuce and tomato.

At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, try the surf ‘n turf burger at the ABC Commissary – the Cheddar cheeseburger is topped with fried shrimp, a sweet onion ring, tomato, pickle, lettuce and their own special sauce. Rosie’s tops a Cheddar burger with fried onion rings, tomato, pickle, lettuce and special sauce. At Backlot Express, look for a Cheddar cheeseburger topped with diced avocado, sweet onion ring, lettuce, tomato and special sauce.

In the Walt Disney World Resorts, All-Star Music features a bacon-mushroom-Swiss burger; All-Star Sports a chili cheeseburger, and All-Star Movies a bacon-guacamole cheeseburger. At Old Port Royale at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, try the Caribbean burger topped with sweet plaintains, fried onion straws and pineapple barbecue chutney. Port Orleans Riverside has a chipotle-barbecue cheeseburger topped with bacon and onion rings, and Sassagoula at Port Orleans is serving the Creole burger topped with crispy popcorn shrimp and remoulade sauce. Everything Pop at Disney’s Pop Century Resort piles on Swiss cheese, bacon, fried onion straws and barbecue sauce.

It’s a meal in a bun. Devour with delight, then walk an extra hour – or two.

bbb384323LARGE.jpg.154fcd228950e37eeec1a229298db9fb.jpg

bsa283432LARGE.jpg.0b49bdd77c6fcd59dd232badff84146e.jpg

ttt384323LARGE.jpg.c508d7d8a7c78c4f7c777833958025af.jpg

These burgers sound better than what Disney usually serves up at those counter service restaurants. Oddly, I only really eat at Cosmic Rays when I visit the Magic Kingdom.

I don't think I'd order the "fried onion ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings." It just sounds too pervy.

At Epcot, Liberty Inn features two: a veggie burger with Monterey Jack cheese, avocado, tomato and lettuce; and a second topped with smoked ham, bacon, smoked Gouda cheese, red onion, tomato, pickle, lettuce and mustard aioli sauce.

This sentence is amazing. I might just have to make special trip to Epcot's Liberty Inn for one of their new ham and bacon topped veggie burgers!

At Epcot, Liberty Inn features two: a veggie burger with Monterey Jack cheese, avocado, tomato and lettuce; and a second topped with smoked ham, bacon, smoked Gouda cheese, red onion, tomato, pickle, lettuce and mustard aioli sauce.

This sentence is amazing. I might just have to make special trip to Epcot's Liberty Inn for one of their new ham and bacon topped veggie burgers!

^LOL! Obviously, the writer did a poor job of wording that part.

I had the one with the ham and Gouda in the American pavillion at Epcot,it was good,nothing amazing but I like having some more options available at the counter service restaurants,I gotta try some of the other ones available.As far as the whole wheat buns,I don't mind it to much on burgers but I just don't like it on hot dogs,kills it for me.For anyone who's been there recently I saw that Via Napoli was selling slices of pizza for like $6-$7 out of a window in front of the restaurant,is this something permanent or just being done during the holidays with the bigger crowds,also at $6+ a slice it seemed a bit expensive for a slice,for anyone who's tried them are they worth it?

^They were not selling pizza by the slice outside of Via Napoli in October or November, so I would assume it was something done for the busy season.

Is it worth it? YES! Via Napoli has become my favorite restaurant on WDW Property!!!! It's AMAZING.

^They were not selling pizza by the slice outside of Via Napoli in October or November, so I would assume it was something done for the busy season.

Is it worth it? YES! Via Napoli has become my favorite restaurant on WDW Property!!!! It's AMAZING.

Sorry if this is off topic, but my grandma is good friends with the owner of the Patina Group group. I love the Naples restaurant at Downtown Disney and am so glad one has come to Disney World as well.

On Topic: The burgers look like an improvement. I wonder how they'll do however.

at $6+ a slice it seemed a bit expensive for a slice,for anyone who's tried them are they worth it?

Maybe it is worth it considering this is as close as you're going to get to Neapolitan pizza without spending $1,000+ to fly to Italy. Besides, Naples tends to offend the delicate sensibilities of 99% of travelers. Don't like huge piles of trash all over the streets?

napoli.jpg.a39c91dafd7bc1ebcb640b263d76a076.jpg

Then stick to the WDW version of the pizza.

YES!!! I was blown away by this place when we went there in October. I might like Yak & Yeti a little more, but Napoli's is a must visit restaurant on any Orlando trip now.

Disney burgers are usually terrible. I'd try one of these, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

dt

I think the Disney Blog (Adam can probably verify), stated that it was for the holiday season. Although I could see them ding it year round if it got to be popular enough.

^^I'm pretty sure that they were just doing it for the busy season. The setup looked to be pretty makeshift for what it was, so while I certainly think it could be a more permanent offering down the road, the current setup felt more like a Food & Wine Festival stand just in the corner of the restaurant's open doors.

• 2 weeks later...

Disney released their final plans for the Fantasyland Expansion...finally!

Disney World’s Fantasyland expansion

Largest expansion in Magic Kingdom History

Updated: Tuesday, 18 Jan 2011, 11:58 AM EST

Published : Tuesday, 18 Jan 2011, 7:17 AM EST

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Walt Disney World released artist renderings of the expansion of Fantasyland Tuesday. The project is the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history. More details will be released tonight during a media event.

Photo Gallery: See the artist renderings

The project which is currently under construction will include a new home for The Little Mermaid Ariel, new ways to interact with favorite Disney princesses, an exciting new family coaster, a double dose of Dumbo and more.

It will open in phases beginning in late 2012.

Among the highlights planned:

Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid

-a major, all-new attraction during which guests will travel with Ariel and her friends through their exciting adventures above and below the waves – all against a musical backdrop of songs from the classic film.

The castle of the Beast

-Standing majestically upon a hill just across an old stone bridge from Ariel’s new home. The Be Our Guest Restaurant will feature a lavish dining experience in the elegant ballroom, gallery, and mysterious “West Wing” of the castle. With seating for 550, this magnificent facility will offer “great food fast” service by day and full table service dining in the evening. Nearby in Belle's Village, guests will find the rousing Gaston’s Tavern and Bonjour! Village Gifts.

Just outside the village is Belle’s cottage and Enchanted Tales with Belle. The adventure begins in Maurice’s workshop, where a magical mirror is the doorway to a captivating new kind of storytelling experience: Guests are transported to the Beast’s library to meet Belle and Lumiere, and share in a lively, interactive, re-telling of the “tale as old as time.”

The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

-it will take guests on a rollicking, musical ride into the mine “where a million diamonds shine.” The coaster will feature a first-of-its kind ride system with a train of ride vehicles that swing back and forth, responding to every twist and turn of the track. The journey will be accompanied by music from the classic Disney film and animated figures of Snow White and the Dwarfs.

Princess Fairytale Hall

-Aurora, Cinderella and other Disney princesses, such as Tiana and Rapunzel, will greet guests in their new home, an elegant royal court on the site where Snow White’s Scary Adventures stands today.

The sound of the calliope

-This will lead guests to the brand new Storybook Circus and not one but two circling carousels of airborne pachyderms on Dumbo the Flying Elephant. Before taking to the skies on this Fantasyland favorite, guests can experience an array of fun-filled family games and interactive wonders for kids of all ages inside the Big Top.

Storybook Circus

-the classic Barnstormer gets a bright new look as well, featuring Goofy as The Great Goofini. It’s a twisting, turning roller coaster “flight” high above the circus fun.

Here is a link to the article at My Fox Orlando

2003376464_WaltDisneyWorldreleasedartistrenderingsoftheexpansionofFantasylandTuesday.Theprojectisthe-mhistory.Moredetailswillbereleasedtongithduringamediaevent..jpg.481cf9fd546658748d7348fe619fa126.jpg

fantasyland-rendering2.jpg.2e560a701a0b40f2b3b5eb618a636da1.jpg

fantasyland-rendering3.jpg.cffb1ed6d0055bb467bba88c5bf5e44a.jpg

fantasyland-rendering4.jpg.80e7f60eff54320199e3930b141058b6.jpg

fantasyland-rendering5.jpg.e93d8193dd1b3415919077a03c140436.jpg

fantasyland-rendering6.jpg.4dde22fe57ace7ff22bcab625de0e54e.jpg

fantasyland-rendering7.jpg.3c01f29088cf02598a00b200fd6ae667.jpg

fantasyland-rendering8.jpg.23bcf0f4b06259601266bf1f01690651.jpg

fantasyland-rendering9.jpg.89132f49d7f8c0ec1a8c08e297d07d33.jpg

fantasyland-rendering10.jpg.d28a3d2ee52f9f972770701cfdd7969a.jpg

Edited by ernierocker