Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 324: V.I.PASSHOLDER Perks in January announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Open Up Happiness

Re: Magic Kingdom Fantasyland Expansion

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:19 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/12/new-fantasyland-expansion-update/

As many of you know, we’re in the midst of the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history, which will nearly double the size of Fantasyland. In order to make way for this transformation, it’s important to let you know Mickey’s Toontown Fair will close in early February.

That doesn’t mean we’ve forgotten about some of your favorite characters. Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and the Disney princesses will move to Town Square in the location currently known as Town Square Exposition Hall in spring 2011. Until that location is ready, they will continue to greet guests throughout Magic Kingdom. Meanwhile, Tinker Bell will relocate to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and her other fairy friends will appear later in the spring at Epcot. The Walt Disney World Railroad will stay open, but the Toontown station will remain closed during construction.

We hope you will pardon our dust as work progresses and if you’d like to experience Mickey’s Toontown Fair, you’ll have until Feb. 11 to make those plans. Remember, there are still many other entertainment experiences throughout Magic Kingdom to delight everyone in the family.

Fantasyland construction will be completed in phases with most new experiences open by 2013. This expansion is particularly exciting because it will enable us to share treasured stories with you in a whole new way. We’ll share more with you here as our work progresses.
mtt019120LARGE.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Open Up Happiness

NEWS: Walt Disney World launches line of "designer burgers"

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:54 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/01/designers-burgers-are-a-hit/

We love to tell the story of Walt Disney World cuisine being so much more than hot dogs and hamburgers, but when you want a burger, well, you want a burger. The Walt Disney World chefs have kicked it up with nearly a dozen satisfying “designer burgers” that take buns to new heights.

All of the new sandwiches start with a 1/3 pound Angus burger (you might consider sharing). In the Magic Kingdom Park, try one at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe topped with Cheddar cheese, guacamole and bacon. At Epcot, Liberty Inn features two: a veggie burger with Monterey Jack cheese, avocado, tomato and lettuce; and a second topped with smoked ham, bacon, smoked Gouda cheese, red onion, tomato, pickle, lettuce and mustard aioli sauce. Also at Epcot, the Electric Umbrella is serving the mushroom-blue burger with sautéed mushrooms, bacon, blue cheese, fried onion straws, lettuce and tomato.

At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, try the surf ‘n turf burger at the ABC Commissary – the Cheddar cheeseburger is topped with fried shrimp, a sweet onion ring, tomato, pickle, lettuce and their own special sauce. Rosie’s tops a Cheddar burger with fried onion ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings, tomato, pickle, lettuce and special sauce. At Backlot Express, look for a Cheddar cheeseburger topped with diced avocado, sweet onion ring, lettuce, tomato and special sauce.

In the Walt Disney World Resorts, All-Star Music features a bacon-mushroom-Swiss burger; All-Star Sports a chili cheeseburger, and All-Star Movies a bacon-guacamole cheeseburger. At Old Port Royale at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, try the Caribbean burger topped with sweet plaintains, fried onion straws and pineapple barbecue chutney. Port Orleans Riverside has a chipotle-barbecue cheeseburger topped with bacon and onion ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings, and Sassagoula at Port Orleans is serving the Creole burger topped with crispy popcorn shrimp and remoulade sauce. Everything Pop at Disney’s Pop Century Resort piles on Swiss cheese, bacon, fried onion straws and barbecue sauce.
It’s a meal in a bun. Devour with delight, then walk an extra hour – or two.
bbb384323LARGE.jpg
bsa283432LARGE.jpg
ttt384323LARGE.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Re: NEWS: Walt Disney World launches line of "designer burge

Postby SharkTums » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:09 pm

Now if only they would offer the OPTION of the whole wheat buns instead of that being the only option for burgers and hot dogs. I don't mind a healthy OPTION but don't force it down my throat!

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:25 pm

These burgers sound better than what Disney usually serves up at those counter service restaurants. Oddly, I only really eat at Cosmic Rays when I visit the Magic Kingdom.

I don't think I'd order the "fried onion ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings." It just sounds too pervy. :)

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:04 pm

At Epcot, Liberty Inn features two: a veggie burger with Monterey Jack cheese, avocado, tomato and lettuce; and a second topped with smoked ham, bacon, smoked Gouda cheese, red onion, tomato, pickle, lettuce and mustard aioli sauce.

This sentence is amazing. I might just have to make special trip to Epcot's Liberty Inn for one of their new ham and bacon topped veggie burgers!
Erik Allen Elness

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:07 pm

Electerik wrote:
At Epcot, Liberty Inn features two: a veggie burger with Monterey Jack cheese, avocado, tomato and lettuce; and a second topped with smoked ham, bacon, smoked Gouda cheese, red onion, tomato, pickle, lettuce and mustard aioli sauce.

This sentence is amazing. I might just have to make special trip to Epcot's Liberty Inn for one of their new ham and bacon topped veggie burgers!

^LOL! Obviously, the writer did a poor job of wording that part. ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:41 pm

I hope this translates into a real improvement in quality, and isn't just marketing. The burgers at Cosmic Ray's, Electric Umbrella, etc. are disgusting.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby doom1001 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:53 pm

I had the one with the ham and Gouda in the American pavillion at Epcot,it was good,nothing amazing but I like having some more options available at the counter service restaurants,I gotta try some of the other ones available.As far as the whole wheat buns,I don't mind it to much on burgers but I just don't like it on hot dogs,kills it for me.For anyone who's been there recently I saw that Via Napoli was selling slices of pizza for like $6-$7 out of a window in front of the restaurant,is this something permanent or just being done during the holidays with the bigger crowds,also at $6+ a slice it seemed a bit expensive for a slice,for anyone who's tried them are they worth it?

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:54 pm

^They were not selling pizza by the slice outside of Via Napoli in October or November, so I would assume it was something done for the busy season.

Is it worth it? YES! Via Napoli has become my favorite restaurant on WDW Property!!!! It's AMAZING.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby odene497 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:03 pm

While these look really good, based off the pictures they look like "preformed" patties. If that's true then that kills it for me. I'd rather eat a fresh meat, hand pattied burger with salt and pepper than a jazzed up preformed one.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!